• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Fairy Tail] Fixing God Serena’s scaling

Saqphire

She/Her
Hello, this is my first CRT ever and I hope this goes well here :)

Currently, God Serena is stated to have a Multi-Continental Attack Potency with a Relativistic Speed, being one of the inferior Fairy Tail characters in the wiki. This is completely and utterly wrong for several reasons and I will state them here.

1. God Serena himself states that Gildarts is weaker than him (Ch. 115 100YQ). Gildarts is already listed to have Large Planetary Attack Potency in the wiki so God Serena should have the same if not higher.

Hyberion also states that God Serena is the greatest/strongest wizard in Ishgar (with the Spriggan 12 being of similar strength) (Ch. 440, FT) which includes Gildarts and Gildarts himself supports these statements in the original manga by saying his alive self would’ve been ”hell of a wizard”, with his Historia self even clashing with casual Gildarts. (Ch. 495-496, FT)

2. He utterly dominates Jellal in their most recent fight, blitzing him several times (Ch. 143, 100YQ). Jellal is also already listed to have Speed of Light-FTL+ speeds so God Serena should be upscaled accordingly.

As a bonus: God Serena shouldn’t even have Relativistic speeds from the Gajeel fight anyway because Gajeel gets blitzed horribly the entire fight (one of those even being a perception blitz)

In conclusion, I believe God Serena should have atleast Large Planetary Attack Potency/Durability and FTL+ speed for all versions of him shown in the wiki

Agree: DemonGodMitchAubin, Elizhaa
(Only for X793 God Serena, disagrees on X792)
Neutral:
Disagree:

Last edited:
Well first off. I agree that X793 God Serena is 5-A, he very much scales to Jellal, but we need to establish a few things here. X793 God Serena is a different God Serena than the one in Alvarez, he was revived by Alchemy and clearly got amped stronger than he used to be. So yes, X793 God Serena will be 5-A. But there is still incorrect information being said here.

1. God Serena's statement of Gildarts being weaker than himself is baseless. He's still bragging about being #1 in Ishgar years after countless people in Ishgar have surpassed him. He also doesn't know X792-X793 Gildart's strength or power. He died before he ever met that version of Gildarts

2. Hyberion stating God Serena is the strongest Wizard in Ishgar is also based on false information as Hyberion has not seen the results of the one year of training everyone in Fairy Tail went through, meaning he has zero basis on any of the Alvarez Arc feats people perform. Also Gildarts calling God Serena one hell of a wizard is also not direct enough for scaling because thinking someone is impressive can mean a lot of things. Gildarts has called X784 Natsu impressive before, while still being massively stronger than him. Also the Wizard Saint Titles are completely bogus for scaling to other Mages, because it's directly said that the council picked and chose whoever they approved of as Wizard Saints, and did not actually properly rate mages like Gildarts or Laxus, who were put on hold due to having behavior problems.

3. Yeah, the feats against Jellal and Natsu make this version of God Serena 5-A

This is just my long way of saying I agree to 5-A for X793 God Serena, but not at all for X792 God Serena. You'll get used to Fairy Tail characters getting random unexplainable off screen powerups here... Oracion Seis got buttloads stronger by sitting in prison for 7 years... So yeah, you can get stronger cause the narrative needs you to be

1. God Serena's statement of Gildarts being weaker than himself is baseless. He's still bragging about being #1 in Ishgar years after countless people in Ishgar have surpassed him. He also doesn't know X792-X793 Gildart's strength or power. He died before he ever met that version of Gildarts
Originally I was going to only request for X793 God Serena (GS) to be upgraded to 5-A, however I still believe there are some arguments for X792.

For example, Jura is already compared to be a ”good match” to X791 Gildarts, this wiki even scales him from that statement. As far as I know, unless Gildarts was stated to be stronger than what Makarov thought at that point, you can assume Makarov means Gildarts in his current form. Jura himself ends up being terrified of Hyberion’s presence which supports Hyberion’s strength narrative

X792 GS ends up off-screening Jura with no damage to him

Yeahhh that’s why I’m not scaling X792 GS off his title of the first wizard saint, but rather I’m scaling him off the consistent statements that he is the strongest wizard in Ishgar, Hyberion just seemed like the most reliable example, However I have another one.
Makarov, after meeting God Serena also states to be well aware of God Serena’s strength (FT 452), this was after he sees how much stronger the guild has become in the one year timeskip (FT 446).

And if I’m honest, any feats from any Ishgar wizard that doesn’t involve them defeating someone stronger than him should upscale him off those statements.

This being said I’m willing to conclude with X793 God Serena being upgraded atleast if there are some solid arguments against X792.

Last edited:
Honestly Serena should have 3 keys; alive (high 6-A), historia (weaker than alive) and alchemy puppet (5-A, comparable to but weaker than x793 Jellal).

Honestly Serena should have 3 keys; alive (high 6-A), historia (weaker than alive) and alchemy puppet (5-A, comparable to but weaker than x793 Jellal).
If my newlyfound arguments for X792 GS ends up being rebutted, then I 100% agree

Last edited:
Originally I was going to only request for X793 God Serena (GS) to be upgraded to 5-A, however I still believe there are some arguments for X792.

For example, Jura is already compared to be a ”good match” to X791 Gildarts, this wiki even scales him from that statement. As far as I know, unless Gildarts was stated to be stronger than what Makarov thought at that point, you can assume Makarov means Gildarts in his current form. Jura himself ends up being terrified of Hyberion’s presence which supports Hyberion’s strength narrative
It's different, because Makarov was still alive and had seen Gildarts right before the GMG. God Serena is quite literally dead and was in Alakitasia from X791 to X792, meaning he never once saw X792 Gildarts power
Doesn't make him 5-A... Jura is only 6-A
Yeahhh that’s why I’m not scaling X792 GS off his title of the first wizard saint, but rather I’m scaling him off the consistent statements that he is the strongest wizard in Ishgar
Being called the strongest wizard in Ishgar is all based on being the 1st Wizard Saint, meaning it's an unreliable scaling tool due to the system being false and rigged based on only what the council approves of. Those statements and that title is given prior to any X792 feats, which is when Gildarts becomes 5-A for fighting August and scaling above Enhanced Erza
, Hyberion just seemed like the most reliable example, However I have another one.
Makarov, after meeting God Serena also states to be well aware of God Serena’s strength (FT 452), this was after he sees how much stronger the guild has become in the one year timeskip (FT 446).
Makarov doesn't know X792 Gildarts strength at this point, in fact it's made clear he isn't aware of anyone's buff from X791 to X792 as he disbanded the guild and spent that entire year in Alakitasia while Gildarts was elsewhere for that entire year until he returned during the later half of the war
And if I’m honest, any feats from any Ishgar wizard that doesn’t involve them defeating someone stronger than him should upscale him off those statements.
This isn't true, cause the title was granted to God Serena prior to any of the X792 feats that make FT Members comparable to Spriggans
This being said I’m willing to conclude with X793 God Serena being upgraded atleast if there are some solid arguments against X792.
Yeah, X793 God Serena definitely scales to 5-A, it's X792 that doesn't at all

Fair enough tbh. If you may, can you bring two other staff members to take a look at this so it can be approved and applied for tomorrow ?

Disagree with X792 Serena FRA, and weren't we planning on waiting til the arc ended before we revised Serena?

Can we really take his statement that he's stronger than Gildarts seriously when Gildarts beat him in the fight that followed? Scaling to Jellal is fine though.

Can we really take his statement that he's stronger than Gildarts seriously when Gildarts beat him in the fight that followed? Scaling to Jellal is fine though.
Gildarts beat the Historia version which is stated multiple times to have less power than the alive version. This isn’t the Historia version

Gildarts beat the Historia version which is stated multiple times to have less power than the alive version. This isn’t the Historia version
The version making the statement is the puppet which as far as we know is much more powerful than the alive version.

The version making the statement is the puppet which as far as we know is much more powerful than the alive version.
Yes I know this, I’m saying the version that Gildarts defeated who Random is talking about, is not the same God Serena at all. Everyone who had anything to do with the Historia versions knows that those versions are fodder

Yes I know this, I’m saying the version that Gildarts defeated who Random is talking about, is not the same God Serena at all. Everyone who had anything to do with the Historia versions knows that those versions are fodder
My point is, the puppet claiming that it is stronger than Gildarts does not mean that the original Serena is as well.

My point is, the puppet claiming that it is stronger than Gildarts does not mean that the original Serena is as well.
Ah right, yeah that makes sense and we’ll probably never know if he was unless we see a flashback or something.

Anyways enough derailing. It’s been 48 hours, can we get one more person with approval perms to check this, accept and close this ?

Hello, this is my first CRT ever and I hope this goes well here :)

Currently, God Serena is stated to have a Multi-Continental Attack Potency with a Relativistic Speed, being one of the inferior Fairy Tail characters in the wiki. This is completely and utterly wrong for several reasons and I will state them here.

1. God Serena himself states that Gildarts is weaker than him (Ch. 115 100YQ). Gildarts is already listed to have Large Planetary Attack Potency in the wiki so God Serena should have the same if not higher.
Yea but how do we know this is legit? He's the most arrogant character in the series probably. He said he was stronger than the guy that beat him. Granted I do think current God Serena is stronger than spriggan arc one.
Hyberion also states that God Serena is the greatest/strongest wizard in Ishgar (with the Spriggan 12 being of similar strength) (Ch. 440, FT) which includes Gildarts and Gildarts himself supports these statements in the original manga by saying his alive self would’ve been ”hell of a wizard”, with his Historia self even clashing with casual Gildarts. (Ch. 495-496, FT)
I don't think the difference between historia and not historia would make him go from getting one shot to being Gildarts comparable. This just seems to me like he was proposing a theoretical since he knows an alive God Serena is stronger than a dead one.
2. He utterly dominates Jellal in their most recent fight, blitzing him several times (Ch. 143, 100YQ). Jellal is also already listed to have Speed of Light-FTL+ speeds so God Serena should be upscaled accordingly.
Spriggan arc God Serena wouldn't scale to this since he got blitzed by Acnologia, and Acnologia= human dragon gods. Whom scale to BDSK whom scale to Gildarts. I think my issue here is the not implying different keys which gives impression he was always this level. But this is fine for his gold owl key
As a bonus: God Serena shouldn’t even have Relativistic speeds from the Gajeel fight anyway because Gajeel gets blitzed horribly the entire fight (one of those even being a perception blitz)
Thing is he had nothing else to scale to at the time. You can only upscale
In conclusion, I believe God Serena should have atleast Large Planetary Attack Potency/Durability and FTL+ speed for all versions of him shown in the wiki
I hard disagree with this only gold owl version

To add, the spriggan 12 all look down on fairy tail because they had proof they would win if God Serena was the best in ishgar. This means all the spriggan look down on him. Granted even despite this I put him above brandish, Ajeel, base invel, and base Dimaria

This thread was already settled. God Serena's getting Tier 5 scaling but only in 100YQ based on his actual feats

Back