• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Abigail Williams (Foreigner) addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_1.png

Also, add Subjective Reality for Abigail because Raum using her was able to bring Lavinia to existence.
Magic would also be good to be add at her profile, for obvious reasons. It surprises me a literal witch don't have Magic listed as one of her powers.

I think there are enough votes for the change. Also, may I ask if possible to MrUnderlord to put in Abby's profile resistance against Authority.
She wouldn't get authority since she doesn't possess a divine core. She's not a god, she's a gate for the god. Yog getting resistance to authority is fine though

The Existence Outside of Domain skill wouldn't qualify for Authority resistance?
Logically, no. Authority can't be wielded by Divine Spirits in servant form without injuring themselves. Although Abby is a different case, it shouldn't be in direct relation to Yog's authority but rather its power. But the skill definition quite literally says Authority so can't argue with that.

Yeah, and it's also one very rare skill on EX rank. I think it's safe to assume she wields, even though not completely, Yog's Authority within herself, just like the text says.

"Possessed by an evil god, Abigail houses a portent of the god’s Authority within herself and wields it."

The thing is that Yog as well as other Outer Gods doesn't have their own Authority since they are not typical "Gods" and as said Outer Universe obeys to different laws. However, since Yog also encompasses Our Universe and his power manifested in Abby.. Hm. Yea, Abby have Authority. She should have it, but idk. As for Subjective Reality, doesn't this is Raum's ability? I understand that he used her powers, but Abby never shown that she can do such things by her own.

The thing is that Yog as well as other Outer Gods doesn't have their own Authority since they are not typical "Gods" and as said Outer Universe obeys to different laws. However, since Yog also encompasses Our Universe and his power manifested in Abby.. Hm. Yea, Abby have Authority. She should have it, but idk. As for Subjective Reality, doesn't this is Raum's ability? I understand that he used her powers, but Abby never shown that she can do such things by her own.
In the description of Abby's Existence Outside of Domain it pretty mentions that she have a portion of "Yog's Authority", so yeah it's basically a confirmation that the Outer Gods have Authority too.

For the Subjective Reality, it's more a side-effect of her Reality Warping powers, although she didn't notice that she can do it, at least in a subcounsciousness matter she have this ability.

In the description of Abby's Existence Outside of Domain it pretty mentions that she have a portion of "Yog's Authority", so yeah it's basically a confirmation that the Outer Gods have Authority too.
Strange thing. A lot of stuff says that this should be impossible but we're talking about all encompassing oness whose power is manifested in 12 years girl. rofl.

For the Subjective Reality, it's more a side-effect of her Reality Warping powers, although she didn't notice that she can do it, at least in a subcounsciousness matter she have this ability.
'Possible' should be fine in that case imo

Thing is, Authority causes a result because the user has the right to do so. If you look at the divine spirits and gods, they are conceptual existences of the authority they embody. Like Dioscuri with light or Ibuki-douji as a god of nature.

What would Yog's authority be? Without knowing that, you can't rule that his "authority" is the same as the other gods.

Thing is, Authority causes a result because the user has the right to do so. If you look at the divine spirits and gods, they are conceptual existences of the authority they embody. Like Dioscuri with light or Ibuki-douji as a god of nature.

What would Yog's authority be? Without knowing that, you can't rule that his "authority" is the same as the other gods.
Looking into the context of Abby's powers, and Lavinia's and Raum's explanations, I would say that Yog's authority would be over space and time.

Strange thing. A lot of stuff says that this should be impossible but we're talking about all encompassing oness whose power is manifested in 12 years girl. rofl.

'Possible' should be fine in that case imo
This seems fine. Besides this, I agree with everything in the profile you presented.

Just add Authority to Yog and resistance to Authority for Abby to me would be perfect.

So, let's summarize the results so that this CRT can finally be accepted (I think there are enough votes in favor)
  • The main part of the CRT did not cause any questions, so I think it's all right;
  • Transduality (Type 2);
  • Limited NEP (Type 2).

Right?

Everything seems fine, except Abigail is 12 in her normal form, for some reason the age was removed in the NA version, I don't think an age is given for her summer form.
Edit: nvm it was mentioned that she was 12 in her summer profile as well.
1身長/体重:152cm・44kg
出典:史実
地域:北米・マサチューセッツ
属性:混沌・悪  性別:女性
金髪・碧眼の12歳の少女。

Last edited:
Everything seems fine, except Abigail is 12 in her normal form, for some reason the age was removed in the NA version, I don't think an age is given for her summer form.
Edit: nvm it was mentioned that she was 12 in her summer profile as well.
1身長/体重:152cm・44kg
出典:史実
地域:北米・マサチューセッツ
属性:混沌・悪  性別:女性
金髪・碧眼の12歳の少女。
In the late seventeenth century, when Massachusetts was under British rule, the then-twelve-year-old Puritan girl named Abigail Williams became a central figure in the gruesome Salem Witch Trials, in which numerous villagers were accused of witchcraft and lost their lives at the gallows.

17世紀末。英国統治下のマサチューセッツ。
当時12歳の清教徒の娘アビゲイル・ウィリアムズは、
多数の村人が告発され絞首刑台へと消えた陰惨な事件
“セイレム魔女裁判”における中心人物。

In the late seventeenth century, when Massachusetts was under British rule, the then-twelve-year-old Puritan girl named Abigail Williams became a central figure in the gruesome Salem Witch Trials, in which numerous villagers were accused of witchcraft and lost their lives at the gallows.

17世紀末。英国統治下のマサチューセッツ。
当時12歳の清教徒の娘アビゲイル・ウィリアムズは、
多数の村人が告発され絞首刑台へと消えた陰惨な事件
“セイレム魔女裁判”における中心人物。
Yea saw that later, either way 9 is wrong. IDK where 9 came from in the first place.

Type 4, Neutral on Nonexistent Physiology, and I think the rest is good.

Also, what is with that table under the Notable Attacks/Techniques section? It looks out of place.
Let's check. Idk let's just remove it. I think that now we can accept the CRT. If so, can you please unlock her profile?

I just saw this thread and have some grievances with transduality/NEP since the context isn't quite there and the upgrade not using recently passed improved translations. Should I just make another thread? Actually yea I'll just go ahead and make it.

I just saw this thread and have some grievances with transduality/NEP since the context isn't quite there and the upgrade not using recently passed improved translations. Should I just make another thread? Actually yea I'll just go ahead and make it.
Bro has too much time lol. You cant make a thread after acceptance until 2-3 months time.

I can't? Because I have valuable information to share why interpretation of transduality/NEP is flawed and doesn't really work with yogs nature.
You can't make a thread immediately after a recently accepted stuff. Pretty sure a lot of staff members read through it and accepted it so you gotta wait after some months. Sorry lol.

You can't make a thread immediately after a recently accepted stuff. Pretty sure a lot of staff members read through it and accepted it so you gotta wait after some months. Sorry lol.
Well the argument just fundamentally cannot work once you account in recently accepted translation and actual context about his omnipresence which just cannot extend to stuff that is aspatial and atemporal so uhhh RIP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back