• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Overlord_Darkness

Username Only
Well then, here we go. First of all, let's introduce some terms for the conditional designation for this thread:
1) Our Universe is a kind of cosmic structure mentioned by the Demon-God Raum, which includes, at least, all parallel and adjacent worlds located inside the Nasuverse.
2) The Outer Universe is a structure that is located outside of parallel and adjacent worlds. Little is known about cosmology, but at least there are higher dimensions inside this Outer Universe, the seas of which are ruled by Cthulhu (but we'll talk about it a little bit later).
'- Even if there are universes outside our own, you have no means of reaching them, and no attunement to them.
- Indeed. But by sheer, mad coincidence, I won't have to reach it myself. Humans, Zepar. Humans have already taken care of everything. Happily, a fictional mythology describing the fever dreams of a single man just so happened to also describe a higher being from the outer universe.'
- Demon-God Raum and Demon-God Zepar

Now we understand one VERY important thing: Cthulhu Mythos in Nasuverse exist as well as in the real world: they were written by Lovecraft at the beginning of the twentieth century and at the same time describe a higher being from another universe. This tells us two things: first, we can use the Cthulhu Mythos to refer to the cosmology of the Lovecraft universe inside the Nasuverse, and second, the entire outer universe is an Outer God, who is called All-in-One, One-in-All, and this guy acts not just as the outer universe, but also as our universe:
'...The Outer God is...the god of the great gate...and the key. The six doors...up, down, left, right, front, and back...represent all possible...dimensions. And...this Outer God... ...is enshrined beyond the ultimate gate... The outside of our universe...where light can never reach. But despite that...he also borders all possible dimensions...and is tied to all possible things.' - Lavinia describing Yog-Sothoth

The scans show that the following is said: Yog-Sothoth IS a great gates that represents all possible dimensions, Yog-Sothoth is enshrined outside of the universe and Ultimate Gate, Yog-Sothoth borders all possible dimensions and tied to everything;
the Ultimate Gate acts as something that has not yet been described completely: all that we know that this thing is outside of all possible dimensions and Yog, despite encompasses Ultimate Gate just as all other Gates, resides beyond it. In addition, Abigail Williams, with her NP, opens a portal not beyond the Ultimate Gate, but to them, cause she acts as guardian of this gate:
'...Moving beyond the sleep of roses, the realm of dreams, we arrive at the final gate!;

Those Who Guide: A
A servant of the otherworldly God who guards the ultimate gate. When one bearing the silver key arrives at the gate, she offers them their final trial.'

In addition to words of Demon-God Raum we also have words of Kiara about Outer God:
'It may not be my place to say this, but...a Foreigner?
My understanding is that consorting with Servants of that sort is dangerous.
And I sense something especially sinister from that Abigail girl. A remote universe beyond even the Buddha's reach... I cannot help but to be intrigued...

Oh, no, I am absolutely not saying that because I am envious of her swimsuit that absolutely screams "cute!"' - Kiara (Assassin) about Abigail (Summer)

And now the most interesting thing begins: the intersection of two universes and their rules. Summer Abigail introduced us to a dream world called Dreamlands. Based on what we saw in the Servant summer camp 2020, we can say that this world exists outside the physical universes (Parallel Worlds and the Outer Universe), thereby connecting them. That's also why Prelati could access the Outer Universe through his dreams and write his spellbook and that's why Cthulhu wished to access Our Universe through Ritsuka dreams. That's tells us that Dreamland must be much larger and a level higher than physical existence in order to connect two separate universes. By the way, the laws of the Our Universe do not allow Outer Gods to manifest themselves in the world personally.. Which we will also return to a little later, since this is a separate topic.Here's a description of this dream world:
'The world surrounding the target is smoothly transformed.
The target is invited to a world of dreams without being aware of its boundaries.

Those who witness the true form of the world hidden on the other side of everyday life with its overwhelming resolution and mass, lose their fighting spirit and will even struggle to maintain their ego.' - Abigail (Summer) NP description

Moreover, we also have to remember that just arriving at the Ultimate Gate (that exist beyond even the Dreamlands) is already a phenomenon that bound by no limits:
'...As it is a phenomenon bound by no limits, it would normally be considered an Anti-World Noble Phantasm.' - Abigail NP description

However, we know that only Yog-Sothoth resides beyond Ultimate Gate unlike other Outer Gods:
'And...this Outer God... ...is enshrined beyond the ultimate gate...'

Well, let's return to the laws of Our Universe, which do not allow outer gods to freely manifest in the universe. Do you remember that Yog-Sothoth is both outer and our universe? Well, he isn't only one who ignores that rules. Another funny guy is Nyarlathotep, who freely manifest himself and gave powers to BB. At the same time, Cthulhu and other low-power Outer Gods can't manifest themself as Yog and Nyarl. That leads us to conclusion that true Outer Gods is things that can ignore basic rules of Our Universe. However, the cases of Yog-Sothoth and Nyarlathothep are different: Yog-Sothoth, being an entity that encompasses everything within itself (which is very important, since it doesn't say something like "Everything in existence" or "Everything within [limitation by any term]"), also contains the limiting rules, while Nyarlathotep, being an entity lower in its powers than a Yog-Sothoth, is still able to ignore these limiting rules.

And now all of this leads us to question "What about the Root?" And the answer is... We have no piece of info about that. All that we know, that Root is supreme force all over the dimensions within Our Universe, but it wasn't said anything about Outer Universe.
So now we will discuss what is so strenuously cited as an example, specifically the statements of Gilles de Rais. he said that Outer Gods not conceptually or metaphysically indestructible and that they posses flesh. Well, that's true for guys like Cthulhu cause we know that he trapped within the Sunken Spiral Castle of the Abyss (refers to R'lyeh) that located somewhere in seas of dimensions of Outer Universe. We need to understand that Prelati's Spellbook is text that Cthulhu contained and that spellbook refers to R'lyeh Text. However, we know almost nothing about Nyarlathotep and Shub-Niggurath tiers and what they are truly is. But despite that we know what is it Yog-Sothoth and this guy very poorly fits the words Gilles de Rais, so it can be argued that Gilles de Rais' statements concern only those Outer Gods about which he has an understanding thanks to his Prelati's Spellbook.

@CrimsonStarFallen @Apeironaxim @ImmortalDread @Pokemonfan807 @Veloxt1r0kore @Maxeez

Last edited:
And now all of this leads us to question "What about the Root?" And the answer is... We have no piece of info about that. All that we know, that Root is supreme force all over the dimensions within Our Universe, but it wasn't said anything about Outer Universe.
Everything that exists comes from the Root. It doesn't matter whether it was from the outer universe. As long as it exists in the Nasuverse, it would always be under the root. The root was stated to contain all possibilities and impossibility. Claiming the Outer Universe was from the Root is something more believable than claiming another force exists and rivals the root in the same verse.

Yog-Sothoth might very well be Outerversal and above everything but it would still be under the root. To be honest, the roots description and scaling on this site is outdated since there is a clear distinction that True Emptiness(which this site mistakes as the Akashic records) is the representation of True infinity which is an High Outerversal description and even higher and beyond the Akashic Records.

Last edited:
Everything that exists comes from the Root. It doesn't matter whether it was from the outer universe. As long as it exists in the Nasuverse, it would always be under the root. The root was stated to contain all possibilities and impossibility. Claiming the Outer Universe was from the Root is something more believable than claiming another force exists and rivals the root in the same verse.

Yog-Sothoth might very well be Outerversal and above everything but it would still be under the root. To be honest, the roots description and scaling on this site is outdated since there is a clear distinction that True Emptiness(which this site mistakes as the Akashic records) is the representation of True infinity which is an High Outerversal description and even higher and beyond the Akashic Records.
Maybe or maybe not. There is literally no info about that, cause it's heavy implied that it can be crossover between Cthulhu Mythos verse and Nasuverse. It's truly unclear about that.

All that about Root and it's scaling shouldn't be here. Just create another CRT for that.

Last edited:
We are not scaling outer gods to their Cthulhu Mythos counter parts. Please refer to the Crossover rules for further details.

Other more knowledgeable people about the Root can give information on why the outer gods do not scale to it.

I'm also not knowledgeable enough about Tier 1 stuff to give any major response to it. But I'll give it a try.

Nyaralothetep also did not "freely manifest" He had to use BB, an already absurdly powerful individual, to manifest. We also have outright confirmation in Imaginary Scramble that the outer gods can not manifest within the universe. They had to use the Imaginary Number/Void Space as a stepping stone to get to our universe.

Being "beyond the Buddha's reach" as Kiara (Moon Cancer) put it is not grounds to make the 1-A. That's justification from their current rating of 7~9 D.

Abi's NP sure does seem like an NLF.

Technically that Lavinia quote could be interpreted as the outer gods being only 6 D as there are only 6 doors to represent all possible dimensions. Being beyond our universe also makes it only 7 or 9 D I believe?

Although a question ... what is the conclusion of the CRT?

Also, normal users can not ping. If you want to notify users either go to their walls or go to the Nasuverse General Discussion Thread.

Nyaralothetep also did not "freely manifest" He had to use BB, an already absurdly powerful individual, to manifest. We also have outright confirmation in Imaginary Scramble that the outer gods can not manifest within the universe. They had to use the Imaginary Number/Void Space as a stepping stone to get to our universe.
No, he didn't. Nyarlathotep just observer for BB (unlike Yog for Abigail and Cthulhu for Hokusai), and their eyes "just happened to meet" and Nyarl decided to give BB more powers just because she acts like him and that fun for him.

Technically that Lavinia quote could be interpreted as the outer gods being only 6 D as there are only 6 doors to represent all possible dimensions. Being beyond our universe also makes it only 7 or 9 D I believe?
Six doors in that case is said to be like directions in space for all dimensions, not 6D. It's also said that Yog, at least, IS every dimension within Nasuverse, which is far larger than 6D or 9D. Plus we need to understand that Outer Universe also have dimensions that higher than dimensions in Parallel Worlds (Cthulhu can manip things with other geometry). Moreover, we have Tsukihime (Remake) that states about their Kiara: she achieved omnipotence within her own dimension (Tsukihime) and tried to go farther, but there was things that was so strong that Kiara decided to stay within her own dimension. And, well, Yog also is this dimensions just like other ones.

Although a question ... what is the conclusion of the CRT?
Give Yog-Sothoth Low 1-A at least and we need to create his own page.

Also, normal users can not ping. If you want to notify users either go to their walls or go to the Nasuverse General Discussion Thread.
I'll notice that.

Last edited:
Other more knowledgeable people about the Root can give information on why the outer gods do not scale to it.
I tried to find at least some information about what the Root is scaling in comparison with the Yog and I found absolutely nothing.

We are not scaling outer gods to their Cthulhu Mythos counter parts. Please refer to the Crossover rules for further details.
Well, the first rule is seems to be problem here. Cause, well, Lovecraft died almost 100 years ago :D

Six doors in that case is said to be like directions in space for all dimensions, not 6D. It's also said that Yog, at least, IS every dimension within Nasuverse, which is far larger than 6D or 9D. Plus we need to understand that Outer Universe also have dimensions that higher than dimensions in Parallel Worlds (Cthulhu can manip things with other geometry). Moreover, we have Tsukihime (Remake) that states about their Kiara: she achieved omnipotence within her own dimension (Tsukihime) and tried to go farther, but there was things that was so strong that Kiara decided to stay within her own dimension. And, well, Yog also is this dimensions just like other ones.
Provide evidence there is more dimensions than the currently proven 6/8. Because at the moment, Yog is just accepted as 7 or 9 D for being beyond the current 6/8.
What exactly makes you think Yog deserves low 1-A? Because I believe, and will concede to more knowledgeable members if wrong, that in order to be Low 1-A you have to be beyond an infinite dimensional structure.

I tried to find at least some information about what the Root is scaling in comparison with the Yog and I found absolutely nothing.
Hence why you should ask knowledgeable members. You can also check the actual page for the Root we have and look at the references there.

Well, the first rule is seems to be problem here. Cause, well, Lovecraft died almost 100 years ago :D
Among other things, but the main idea is that we will not be scaling outer gods to their Cthulhu Mythos counterparts.

Provide evidence there is more dimensions than the currently proven 6/8. Because at the moment, Yog is just accepted as 7 or 9 D for being beyond the current 6/8.
Depends at what we consider as the term "Dimension". In the Nasuverse, it has a meaning as a space (in other words, a space-time continuum). If we are talking about space-time continuums, then there are clearly more than six of them, and at the same time structures like Dreamlands that are beyond them (cause it's not even physical), or even the Ultimate Gate, the space in front of which have no limits (All of it parts of Yog). If we are talking about "dimensions" as a term for spatial axes of measurement, then there is not even 5D in the Nasuverse. Moreover, it was said as "all possible dimensions" that implies to be every possible D, therefore, the restriction in 6D seems extremely inappropriate here and I don't really understand where such a misconception came from at all.

What exactly makes you think Yog deserves low 1-A? Because I believe, and will concede to more knowledgeable members if wrong, that in order to be Low 1-A you have to be beyond an infinite dimensional structure.
Because, well, this guy is literally superior to what regards physical dimensions as a lesser thing (the Dreamlands) and the Ultimate Gate, which, as noted, should surpass even that limitlessness that surpasses Dreamlands.

Depends at what we consider as the term "Dimension". In the Nasuverse, it has a meaning as a space (in other words, a space-time continuum). If we are talking about space-time continuums, then there are clearly more than six of them, and at the same time structures like Dreamlands that are beyond them (cause it's not even physical), or even the Ultimate Gate, the space in front of which have no limits (All of it parts of Yog). If we are talking about "dimensions" as a term for spatial axes of measurement, then there is not even 5D in the Nasuverse. Moreover, it was said as "all possible dimensions" that implies to be every possible D, therefore, the restriction in 6D seems extremely inappropriate here and I don't really understand where such a misconception came from at all.
Dimensions as in spatial axes of measurement. I'm not sure on the specifics as I don't delve to much into the Tier 1 stuff. But Spatial Dimensions are basically how you get Tier 1 stuff. It's a lot more complicated, but basically speaking. Since the most dimensions mentioned in Nasuverse is 8, that is the highest known possible dimension. At least that's the current interpretation iirc.

Because, well, this guy is literally superior to what regards physical dimensions as a lesser thing (the Dreamlands) and the Ultimate Gate, which, as noted, should surpass even that limitlessness that surpasses Dreamlands.
I think you need more info on the Dreamlands. Personally I'm not even sure what this would mean in terms of tiering.

Beyond all of the things I've pointed out, you will need in game scans in the original Japanese language and then a translation of the text. Especially for something like this. Alternatively you would scans of wherever the information came from.

Well, since it says Yog-Sothoth is beyond "all possible dimensions," It means it's beyond a High 1-B tier. Low 1A should be okay but idk.
I'm not sure, depends if Infinite Dimensional is "possible" I think? Again I'm not an expert in Tier 1 shenanigans, so I will defer to members more knowledgeable on the subject.

If you want actual traction, I suggest advertising the thread.

Dimensions as in spatial axes of measurement. I'm not sure on the specifics as I don't delve to much into the Tier 1 stuff. But Spatial Dimensions are basically how you get Tier 1 stuff. It's a lot more complicated, but basically speaking. Since the most dimensions mentioned in Nasuverse is 8, that is the highest known possible dimension. At least that's the current interpretation iirc.
As I said Yog should be 8D as well as 99999D as well as every D if it possible. There is no problem here.

I think you need more info on the Dreamlands. Personally I'm not even sure what this would mean in terms of tiering.
Bruh. A lot of stuff and I'm not sure I can find the Japanese originals (I don't quite understand how to find anything on the Japanese segment of YouTube, and I went through Salem, Summer Camp 2020 and Hokusai quest a few years ago), but I can find the English originals. It's matter of time.

I'm not sure, depends if Infinite Dimensional is "possible" I think? Again I'm not an expert in Tier 1 shenanigans, so I will defer to members more knowledgeable on the subject.
Following mathematics, then infinite dimensional is quite possible, as well as infinite dimensional, that include the previous infinite dimensional, etc.

And now all of this leads us to question "What about the Root?" And the answer is... We have no piece of info about that. All that we know, that Root is supreme force all over the dimensions within Our Universe, but it wasn't said anything about Outer Universe
Pretty sure it's been reiterated multiple times that everything comes from root everything not just "our universe" the throne of heroes exist outside of the world but also comes from the root so I disagree with this

Other than that idk what's supposed to be 1-A here tbh it being above the root? Cause if that's the case I disagree
What makes him Low 1-A? I really don't understand
Well, since it says Yog-Sothoth is beyond "all possible dimensions," It means it's beyond a High 1-B tier. Low 1A should be okay but idk.
if we take all possible dimensions statement to face value it won't be low 1-A straight up tier 0 how do we arbitrarily choose it being above high 1-B if it's some vague statement that just says all possible dimensions which wouldn't even be high 1-B
As I said Yog should be 8D as well as 99999D as well as every D if it possible. There is no problem here.
Not to be the one to spam this but nlf exists especially if the statement is that vague

Outer gods are higher dimensional beings too not beings beyond dimensionality yog is a outer God too meaning he is also a higher dimensional being

This was stated in the material even in fgo they say outer gods exist in anther space time continuum I don't think beings that are beyond dimensionality qualitatively exist in other space time continuums while at the same time being stated to be comparable to higher dimensional beings unless I'm mistaken

Pretty sure it's been reiterated multiple times that everything comes from root everything not just "our universe" the throne of heroes exist outside of the world but also comes from the root so I disagree with this
I agree with this
if we take all possible dimensions statement to face value it won't be low 1-A straight up tier 0 how do we arbitrarily choose it being above high 1-B if it's some vague statement that just says all possible dimensions which wouldn't even be high 1-B
How would it mean its tier 0 if the only statement claims that its beyond all possible dimensions which is only Low Outerversal? And why wouldn't that qualify for High 1B if it's stated to be beyond all possible dimensions? I actually don't know so if I'm approaching aggressively, forgive me.
Outer gods are higher dimensional beings too not beings beyond dimensionality yog is a outer God too meaning he is also a higher dimensional being

This was stated in the material even in fgo they say outer gods exist in anther space time continuum I don't think beings that are beyond dimensionality qualitatively exist in other space time continuums while at the same time being stated to be comparable to higher dimensional beings unless I'm mistaken
So what tier would you put the Outer Gods at?

Bro what? You do not understand the context if you think it's just 3D😭
"The six doors...up, down, left, right, front, and back...represent all possible...dimensions"

Three dimensions have three directional axes and six directions.(up, down, left, right, front, and back)

Last edited:
Just, out of the gate, we're not scaling Nasu Outer Gods to actual Cthulhu Outer Gods, aight?

Now:

Nothing indicates the Outer Universe is in the Root, if that was the case several things just would not make sense.

"All possible dimensions" can't upgrade them to High 1-B or Low 1-A or 1-A alone, because it's a vague statement that in no way defines the actual number of dimensions that exist. They were upgraded to 7-D, possibly 9-D based on the amount of dimensions that are already confirmed to exist elsewhere.

The directions of the gates aren't meant to represent 3 dimensions, it's just the gates themselves lol.

Anything else just relies on way too much speculation. It's just all too vague with the amount of info we have available right now.

How would it mean its tier 0 if the only statement claims that its beyond all possible dimensions which is only Low Outerversal? And why wouldn't that qualify for High 1B if it's stated to be beyond all possible dimensions? I actually don't know so if I'm approaching aggressively, forgive me.
Because dimensionality extends up to tier 0 now also nlf exists even without that it's epistemically unjustifiable for a yog to be gaven low Outerversal in this case because it presupposes that the character in question has knowledge of high 1-B dimensions this is why it's too vague to suggest anything past 1-C unfortunately
So what tier would you put the Outer Gods at?
Ig if we follow the nasu scaling of vsbw it should be flat out 1-C
"The six doors...up, down, left, right, front, and back...represent all possible...dimensions"
This is so disingenuous you want the character to make a statement of axis that are supposed to be incomprehensible to even us that's why she specifically stays "up, down, left, right, front and back..." indicating there's more then says represent all possible dimensions

"All possible dimensions" can't upgrade them to High 1-B or Low 1-A or 1-A alone, because it's a vague statement that in no way defines the actual number of dimensions that exist. They were upgraded to 7-D, possibly 9-D based on the amount of dimensions that are already confirmed to exist elsewhere.
Need to notice that AT LEAST 9D and that implies to be larger + existing outside dimensional theory at the same time (cause, well, Yog exists as all dimensions as well as beyond them). And tier scale not for all Outer Gods, but for Yog.

Nothing indicates the Outer Universe is in the Root, if that was the case several things just would not make sense.
Sounds fun. Root isn't omnipotent as it appears to be.

Last edited:
Are there anything suggest that Outer god realm exist outside the root yet?

I am pretty sure there is nothing confirm that.

Are there anything suggest that Outer god realm exist outside the root yet?
It's said that Outer Gods fo weird and false that they, first of all, banished beyond the Universe and secondly just can't manifest themselves 'cause rules of the Universe don't work for them. All rules came from the Root soo

Wasn't said that Yog encompasses the Root or anything else about power, but said that Yog and Root just different

I Thinking about goes to all outer god related servants and see if we give outer gods theirs abilities via scaling

But i don't have much to work with

Should he also have non existent physiology?
It should be type 2, cause Yog exist outside of source of all existence as well as being everything within existence at same time. I would also like to discuss Transduality, but I don't fully understand how this ability works for type 3, so I leave it to more experienced users.

The root is an extension of everything. It really doesn't matter if the outer God is from another universe. As long as it's in the Nasuverse and featured in the verse, it's from the Root. It's location of origin might be very odd and far away, but the root is even more bizarre in that case since no one can even fully reach it or comprehend it.

As for abilities, Yog should have higher dimensional existence, madness manipulation, non existent Physiology, and some abilities of the foreigner.

The root is an extension of everything. It really doesn't matter if the outer God is from another universe. As long as it's in the Nasuverse and featured in the verse, it's from the Root. It's location of origin might be very odd and far away, but the root is even more bizarre in that case since no one can even fully reach it or comprehend it.

As for abilities, Yog should have higher dimensional existence, madness manipulation, non existent Physiology, and some abilities of the foreigner.
Yeah this is what i also thinking too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back