• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A very very minor Giratina addition

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Legit, it's just adding immaterial intangibility for its avatar's natural state and spatial intangibility when using Shadow Force. That's all.

Inb4 this is actually wrong and I have to defend this.

I agree

Also Shadow Force bypasses precognition, and force fields.

"The user disappears, then strikes the target on the next turn. This move hits even if the target protects itself."

@The real cal howard

For the first: Isn't Giratina's avatar Physical tho?.

For the second: Why spatial Intangibility with Shadow Force?.

@NeoZex6399

I see nothing in that description about bypassing Precognition.

"The user disappears, then strikes next turn. This moves hits even if the target protects itself.

Disappear just means Invisibility. And Protects Itself is vague. It could mean using the Move Protect or just putting their hands up to block the incoming attack.

@Griffy

Detect is also a protecting move— Detect is seen as Precog— so being able to go through "Detect" means it bulls precognition too...?

Protect is usually a force field as well, so being able to bypass it usually means being able to go through a force field. Isn't going through solid stuff intangibility?

I agree with both Amexim and the OP. Feint does the same thing and is considered to bypass precognition. Also considering how shadow force bypasses Pokemon using the move protect, I'd say it's fair to assume it's talking about the move protect.

Amexim said:
Protect is usually a force field as well, so being able to bypass it usually means being able to go through a force field. Isn't going through solid stuff intangibility?
Intangibility yes, but the OP says Spatial Intangibility which confused me a bit.

If we're assuming that when it says Protects itself, their referring to every type of protection then sure I guess I can agree but not 100%.

Back