• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

WWE: Minor CRT (Boom! Studios' Comics go brrrrr)

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Yep. I'm back with more WWE comic shit.

However, unlike last time, this will be a minor CRT adding more abilities and/or justifications to established characters on the wiki.

Instinctive Actions Justifications

A solid case for Instinctive Actions. To give a brief summary, wrestlers often rely on muscle memory, as well as moving on autopilot when it comes to hitting big moves on their opponents.

Seth Rollins' Acrobatics

Seth Rollins was able to hop off a security person's shoulder onto a ladder, so he could get inside the building. This shouldn't be controversial.

Intangibility and Surface Scaling for 'The Demon' Finn Bálor

We can very clearly see The Demon phase through the wall and hold on to the ceiling with no issue. Seems pretty blatant to me.

And that's pretty much it.

A solid case for Instinctive Actions. To give a brief summary, wrestlers often rely on muscle memory, as well as moving on autopilot when it comes to hitting big moves on their opponents.
Hmm, it sounds like the type of muscle memory that irl fighters have, and I remember that in the Instinctive Action revision @Eficiente made clear how is needed to be something at the level of an actual superpower, but I guess it maybe can count as a basic IA? Personally speaking I think I wouldn't have a problem with it as long it doesn't get super wanked like previously with the IA of wrestlers.
A basic acrobatic feat but should still count so fine.

We can very clearly see The Demon phase through the wall and hold on to the ceiling with no issue. Seems pretty blatant to me.
It honestly looks more like that the demon come from a portal (the red big circle in the third panel), the surface scaling is fine though.

Hmm, it sounds like the type of muscle memory that irl fighters have, and I remember that in the Instinctive Action revision @Eficiente made clear how is needed to be something at the level of an actual superpower, but I guess it maybe can count as a basic IA? Personally speaking I think I wouldn't have a problem with it as long it doesn't get super wanked like previously with the IA of wrestlers.
The other showings of IA from other wrestlers are objectively better than the one in OP. I just wanted to include this as a supporting feat, since it applies to virtually most of the wrestlers.

It honestly looks more like that the demon come from a portal (the red big circle in the third panel), the surface scaling is fine though.
Isn't that an ability regardless, though? I mean, there wouldn't just be a big red circle sitting there, right?

Isn't that an ability regardless, though? I mean, there wouldn't just be a big red circle sitting there, right?
Don't he already have portal creation?
Think that's just the Demon's aura or something, since you can see it in the 4th and 11th panel change places
It doesn't look like an aura considering that in other panels don't appear, the red background in some of the panels (which I suppose is what you are refering) seem to be more like a drawing effect than an aura or the portal I'm talking.

Looking at the profile it seems that he don't have it, which is weird because I remember debates in fights where a demon wrestler could open gates to hell (maybe it was removed later?), so I suppose portal creation should be added instead.
Also, the drawing effect thing could also apply in the 3rd panel, so still think Finn is phasing through the wall rather than making a portal
No, the third in the third panel is a very clear figure while the other things are just a red background which only appear when the demon is doing bad things to the dude (so it could perfectly be just a dramatic visual effect).

Looking at the profile it seems that he don't have it, which is weird because I remember debates in fights where a demon wrestler could open gates to hell (maybe it was removed later?), so I suppose portal creation should be added instead.
That was for Undertaker and Kane. It's never been implied, stated, or shown that Demon Balor can do that as well.

I'll remain neutral on the Intangibility/Portal Creation part. Either way, it'll be cool to see on Finn's profile (wish my boi Pika could see the profile for himself).

I'm afraid I have to disagree on this. The panel doesn't seem to refer to anything more than what IRL muscle memory and instincts entail. The Instinctive Actions page is quite clear on the standard that, to qualify, the feat must be something supernatural or surreal in nature - feats of 'instinctive actions' that ordinary, IRL humans can do are not valid.

You've mentioned earlier in the thread, however, that there are "objectively better" feats similar to this than the one in the OP. You're free to share them, and I'll evaluate them, but it should be made clear that the statements in the OP are not enough on their own.

Perfectly fine.

I can't exactly tell what the Demon is doing in those panels to traverse through the wall, but assuming they didn't outright break a hole in it, it might qualify for Intangibility. Otherwise, it might be something like Portal Creation. I'm not really sure - the framing makes it difficult to see what they're doing.

No issues with Surface Scaling.

You've mentioned earlier in the thread, however, that there are "objectively better" feats similar to this than the one in the OP. You're free to share them, and I'll evaluate them, but it should be made clear that the statements in the OP are not enough on their own.
I was referring to the fact that there are already feats in the verse that have already been established as IR that are objectively better than this showing of IR here.

Back