• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY - Immaterial Non-Physical Interaction Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean while the boomerang is separated from Marrow's body lol?

Yeah thats so much for clarifying even further.

But by Scan i mean like...actually send the frame proving its touching the black body?

Heck Elm is physically competing with the Geist and its possession, showing theres a physicality side to the Geist even further lol

You mean while the boomerang is separated from Marrow's body lol?

Yeah thats so much for clarifying even further.

But by Scan i mean like...actually send the frame proving its touching the black body?
Yeah! NPI bro, you can't dodge it now! That's so embarrassing bro, we all suck!

I don't have access to frame by frame bro

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go take a break or there's gonna be a toxic eruption more then there already has been

Yeah! NPI bro, you can't dodge it now! That's so embarrassing bro, we all suck!

I don't have access to frame by frame bro

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go a break or there's gonna be a toxic eruption more then there already has been
Excuses. Bro doesnt know how to take a screenshot. (Literally use , and . to look through youtube frames)
You cant prove as such and you're accomplishing nothing. Even your boomerang marrow point has backfired, Weapons are only imbued with Aura while they're connected to the holder, yet Marrow is clearing throwing it away from his body and its still hitting the Geist.

Unless you can prove the weapon would be retaining aura despite being cut off from its aura source? Cause at least when bullets are separated from the body they have dust, and are still being launched at amplifying speeds. The weapons aren't exactly easy to break without aura either.

Excuses. Bro doesnt know how to take a screenshot. (Literally use , and . to look through youtube frames)
You cant prove as such and you're accomplishing nothing. Even your boomerang marrow point has backfired, Weapons are only imbued with Aura while they're connected to the holder, yet Marrow is clearing throwing it away from his body and its still hitting the Geist.

Unless you can prove the weapon would be retaining aura despite being cut off from its aura source?
I'm working off a tablet, my screenshot abilities suck, like our ability to rewatch!

The Geist was possessing something bro, it was going through the ice or rock and shit, it was intangible, and Marrow's weapon hit it, NPI is the only explanation that doesn't take more assumptions!

Don't need to for NPI brother! You don't need a mechanic for it, it just has to happen! It's embarrassing to not know that bro, PLEASE quit this debate! It's so embarrassing for all of us! You included!

I'm working off a tablet, my screenshot abilities suck, like our ability to rewatch!
Your*. Theres literally no show of the black body while the Geist is still inside the Gigas and you cant prove it.
The Geist was possessing something bro, it was going through the ice or rock and shit, it was intangible, and Marrow's weapon hit it, NPI is the only explanation that doesn't take more assumptions!
The Geist was being forcibly opposed against its possession by Elm and Vine, in order to show the Geists main body. They were using the Geists body being physically weak to disconnect the Gigas from its other possessed body parts (which is the same strategy RWBY did in V4 to a worse extent). In case you couldnt understand the strategy

Then Marrow threw an aura-disconnected weapon at the Grimm and it hit. Ergo, a tangible object with no aura properties hitting the Geist. A.k.a the Geist being hit by something definitely tangible.
Don't need to for NPI brother! You don't need a mechanic for it, it just has to happen! It's embarrassing to not know that bro, PLEASE quit this debate! It's so embarrassing for all of us! You included!
Bro in the heaviest denial its turning him into a Danganronpa character. Get back to doing Weekly's chores, you just made another point against your argument.

Your*. Theres literally no show of the black body while the Geist is still inside the Gigas

The Geist was being forcibly opposed against its position by Elm and Vine, in order to show the Geists main body. They were using the Geists body being physically weak to disconnect the Gigas from its other possessed body parts (which is the same strategy RWBY did in V4 to a worse extent)

Then Marrow threw an aura-disconnected weapon at the Grimm and it hit. Ergo, a tangible object with no aura properties hitting the Geist. A.k.a the Geist being hit by something definitely tangible.

Bro in the heaviest denial its turning him into a Danganronpa character. Get back to doing Weekly's chores, you just made another point against your argument.
It's embarrassing for you bro, you didn't even notice it!

A weapon being used by an aura user which is NPI in this case! It doesn't matter what you try to scream and shout about it for, it's NPI, your argument is that it's only intangible when possessing something, and it got hit when it was doing that! Without going against your own argument you can't even go against this, even going by your added assumptions individuals still get NPI bro!

Ooh, imagine accusing someone of being in denial and going against the point when your the one shooting your own argument in the foot!

I just got back from filing IRL taxes and stuff like that, and dealing with some really bad allergic reactions on top of that.

But anyway, I don't feel like I need to elaborate what parts I agree with. There are beings that are established as intangible and can walk through walls with ease and some characters who are ghosts/spirts and the RWBY cast are able to interact with and harm them. It sounds pretty plain that this is Non Physical Interaction.

It's embarrassing for you bro, you didn't even notice it!
K cool, neither did WeeklytheRWBYSuperfan2462.
A weapon being used by an aura user which is NPI in this case! It doesn't matter what you try to scream and shout about it for, it's NPI, your argument is that it's only intangible when possessing something, and it got hit when it was doing that! Without going against your own argument you can't even go against this, even going by your added assumptions individuals still get NPI bro!
Weapons in RWBY are only aura imbued when they're physically connected to their wielder (The one providing the aura). Its like an electrical current, unless you can prove otherwise.

Thats not even the thing you're trying to disprove. The Geist is intangible when it phases into possessing stuff. It can still be dragged out and have its limbs show out of their gigas forms. This has literally never been denied.
You're literally talking nonsense please go away. Hopelessly stringing a sentence and hoping it makes sense
Ooh, imagine accusing someone of being in denial and going against the point when your the one shooting your own argument in the foot!

Bro actually trolling

I just got back from filing IRL taxes and stuff like that, and dealing with some really bad allergic reactions on top of that.

But anyway, I don't feel like I need to elaborate what parts I agree with. There are beings that are established as intangible and can walk through walls with ease and some characters who are ghosts/spirts and the RWBY cast are able to interact with and harm them. It sounds pretty plain that this is Non Physical Interaction.
The Geists arent ghosts or spirits. They're Grimm. If anything they're specifically Soul-less

They're just designed off a Ghost, the same way a Beowolf is designed off a Wolf, but isnt an actual wolf.

This is not the main argument whatsoever. Being based off something does not give you the same default base powers as it.

@DaReaperMan Can you tone it down a bit? Some of your posts look like you're trying to deliberately wind Jinx up and comes across as trolling.

@DaReaperMan Can you tone it down a bit? Some of your posts look like you're trying to deliberately wind Jinx up and comes across as trolling.
Because they are.

The dude has done nothing here but mouthpiece for Weekly and try to stir up more tension admittedly. While also admitting hes just high-ending for the sake of making RWBY stronger.

Like they're clearly a young kid but its annoying when its just a huge derailment to the thread.

K cool, neither did WeeklytheRWBYSuperfan2462.

Weapons in RWBY are only aura imbued when they're physically connected to their wielder (The one providing the aura). Its like an electrical current, unless you can prove otherwise.

Thats not even the thing you're trying to disprove. The Geist is intangible when it phases into possessing stuff. It can still be dragged out and have its limbs show out of their gigas forms. This has literally never been denied.
You're literally talking nonsense please go away. Hopelessly stringing a sentence and hoping it makes sense

Bro actually trolling
ITS EMBARRASSING FOR HIM TOO BRO!

You can't argue against the main body of the Geist phasing through the rock but still being hit, that's NPI no matter which way you slice it.
I do need to tone a little yeah, I am being toxic to all sides of the argument, including myself.

At least the toxic eruption is done after that thing above, I think.

ITS EMBARRASSING FOR HIM TOO BRO!

You can't argue against the main body of the Geist phasing through the rock but still being hit, that's NPI no matter which way you slice it.
Yes, you can? Why would i be embarassed that RWBY isnt some eidetic memory for me? RWBY is a badly written show taken from a fun concept, im neutral to it.

The Geist phases into and possesses the rock. The intangibility is in the sense the body is now inwardly connecting the rock, but the only intangibility is the fact it can enter the rocks body in the first place. Exclusive to Possession.

But its still possibly for its true main form to peak out, like when its trying to struggle for its arms, or replacing arms like it did with the Tree in V4.

Comprehension 100

I think we're all a bit worked up at the moment, everyone here should take a step back and take a breath, we just found some new info that could end this whole thread

Because they are.

The dude has done nothing here but mouthpiece for Weekly and try to stir up more tension admittedly. While also admitting hes just high-ending for the sake of making RWBY stronger.

Like they're clearly a young kid but its annoying when its just a huge derailment to the thread.
Yes I am young at heart but I assure you i am not a child, also, just because I agree with someone doesn't mean I'm mouth-piecing, otherwise we'd all be mouth-piecing someone
Yes, you can?

The Geist phases into and possesses the rock. The intangibility is in the sense the body is now inwardly connecting the rock, but the only intangibility is the fact it can enter the rocks body in the first place. Exclusive to Possession.

But its still possibly for its true main form to peak out, like when its trying to struggle for its arms, or replacing arms like it did with the Tree in V4.

Comprehension 100
Then why doesn't the rock have holes in it once the Geist is forced out? That's a death sentence to your argument

I think we're all a bit worked up at the moment, everyone here should take a step back and take a breath, we just found some new info that could end this whole thread
There was tons of that already lol.

You still need to prove a lot of things.

Then why doesn't the rock have holes in it once the Geist is forced out? That's a death sentence to your argument
There are no holes what????

The Geist is just struggling to keep its possession in contension with Vine and Elm's physical strength trying to pull it apart (Showing even more a physical aspect of the Geist if anything). From this, it needs to use its arms? And thats how Marrow is able to separate entirely by cutting through the Geists main body, meant to be protected behind the Gigas, but he does so with a weapon thats disconnected from the aura supply when its thrown (Aura just prevents the weapon from breaking, it wouldnt buff its ability to cut through, much like we don't say Aura doesnt actually apply to the character's physical strikes. )

There was tons of that already lol.

You still need to prove a lot of things.
On the contrary, you still need to prove basically everything youve argued since the start

Meanwhile we now have concrete scans of Marrow cutting the Geist's body and limbs, not its mask

I swear, you guys seem incapable of having a civil discussion.

I'll look into this alleged boomerang clip when I have time.

But truth be told, both sides need to stop with the constant circular arguments so staff have time to analyze the entire thread. And especially the mass Quintuple posting on Jinx's end.
Okay, after this post I'll stop
There are no holes what????

The Geist is just struggling to keep its possession in contension with Vine and Elm's physical strength trying to pull it apart (Showing even more a physical aspect of the Geist if anything). From this, it needs to use its arms? And thats how Marrow is able to separate entirely by cutting through the Geists main body, meant to be protected behind the Gigas, but he does so with a weapon thats disconnected from the aura supply when its thrown (Aura just prevents the weapon from breaking, it wouldnt buff its ability to cut through )
Correct, there aren't. For you to argue that geists are fully tangible when possessing something we need to see holes in the thing they're current possessing, in this case, there aren't.

If it was struggling why did the blackbody take the hits at 13:53, 14:12, and 14:36? If it wasn't Intangible there woulda been holes in the rocks
I swear, you guys seem incapable of having a civil discussion.

I'll look into this alleged boomerang clip when I have time.
And that's why there are 3 mods here...

Remember to check all three I posted above

Way ahead of you

At :30, and later at 1:14

And yes, despite what Jinx has been trying to claim, its arms are in fact intangible

Still an example of Intangibility only when its trying to possess something.

And Marrows weapon is disconnected from his aura in that moment. The weapons dont retain the aura when the characters aren't holding onto them. Thus proving its a tangible attack thats hurting the Geist with no aura qualities.

Still an example of Intangibility only when its trying to possess something.

And Marrows weapon is disconnected from his aura in that moment. The weapons dont retain the aura when the characters aren't holding onto them. Thus proving its a tangible attack thats hurting the Geist with no aura qualities.
Jinx

You are an actual moron

Aura doesnt just disconnect from people when they throw their weapons. Ive explained this to you multiple times. Why does all information seemingly go in one ear and out the other with you?

On the contrary, you still need to prove basically everything youve argued since the start
Oh no yeah ive not proved a single thing meanwhile you've been sitting here telling us about how this is all based on assumptions.
Meanwhile we now have concrete scans of Marrow cutting the Geist's body and limbs, not its mask
Should also say that this didnt cut the Geist's limbs off, it just severed its possession connection. We see its arms still fully intact when its dragged out by Clover (And Grimm dont have regeneration other than Salem herself dont you dare)

Jinx

You are an actual moron

Aura doesnt just disconnect from people when they throw their weapons. Ive explained this to you multiple times. Why does all information seemingly go in one ear and out the other with you?
You havent explained squat what???

I dont exactly trust your words Weekly. Aura is an imbuement but it doesnt just stay inside the weapon when its power source is cut off. Is there any example of a character being able to imbue their aura into something and it keeping despite no actual touch (and outside of specific semblance interactions). The Weapon just has the same protection aura gives its user, like you say yourself, it doesnt grant physical boosts or anything, it just cuts off Semblance and your body from suffering repercussions to an extent

'You are a moron if you do not believe my assumptions'

Oh no yeah ive not proved a single thing meanwhile you've been sitting here telling us about how this is all based on assumptions.
Youe making assumptions. Try posting a scan for once in your life before projecting your inability to debate onto others.
Should also say that this didnt cut the Geist's limbs off, it just severed its possession connection. We see its arms still fully intact when its dragged out by Clover (And Grimm dont have regeneration other than Salem herself dont you dare)
They do have regeneration yes, the Geist regenerated its arm in the fight against RNJR too

The weapons dont retain the aura when the characters aren't holding onto them. Thus proving its a tangible attack thats hurting the Geist with no aura qualities.
Last post from me until more staff input...

That doesn't matter, at all, actually. There doesn't NEED to be a mechanic behind NPI, especially with such an explicit shoeing of Intangibility in this case, and saying it's connecting the possession is like, still NPI?
sounds like a low-mid feat to me!

Youe making assumptions. Try posting a scan for once in your life before projecting your inability to debate onto others.
Weekly the RWBY Superfan asking for scans (which ive posted) when they know EXACTLY what moments im talking about and dont need referral.
They do have regeneration yes, the Geist regenerated its arm in the fight against RNJR too
Bro thats not regeneration, thats repossession.

They broke the arm of the Gigas, only for the Geist to then just possess a tree trunk. thats not regenerating, thats just using your power on something else

Last post from me until more staff input...

That doesn't matter, at all, actually. There doesn't NEED to be a mechanic behind NPI, especially with such an explicit shoeing of Intangibility in this case, and saying it's connecting the possession is like, still NPI?
There does yes. Since you're trying to scale it to everyone. And its a completely assumed, undefined in the show power. Its only implied because you're clinging onto the 1 adjective in the guidebook, but thats just talking about the phasing into possessed material, not giving it the general default of all things intangible.

And the Geists intangibility as a whole is only ever shown through phasing into a possessed item.
sounds like a low-mid feat to me!
Ofc it does, you literally are here to wank RWBY for Weekly, you have said yourself.

You havent explained squat what???
Seriously? Do you want me to screenshot the multiple times ive explained this to you?
I dont exactly trust your words Weekly. Aura is an imbuement but it doesnt just stay inside the weapon when its power source is cut off. Is there any example of a character being able to imbue their aura into something and it keeping despite no actual touch (and outside of specific semblance interactions)
Yes, Maria explicitly controls her weapons independent of herself using her aura. Same with literally any character in the verse who has thrown weapons

Theres still a lot of my questions unresponded to, based around the insane assumption making with this Geist over a single word in a guidebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back