• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugarik said:
Ugarik said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQkI_Nj1Axs
About ripping the door off.
Stressstrain
1 kN - 30 px

2 mm - 50 px

Area below the curve: 42190 px

42190*(2/50)*(1/30) = 56.25 Joules (Human level)

Peak load was at about 8 kN (Class 1)
It should be a lot above 10-B because elongasion would be way greater but nothing too impressive
At least a notable lifting strength feat.

Well bending a dining spoo is also a notable lifting strength feat but not quite notable as an attack potency feat.

Destroying one handcuff chai is street level in AP and athletic human+ in lifting strength.

Assembled1801 said:
Destroying a Vase (small, medium, and large) and Steel Cages? How much force would it take to demolish it?
Find the weight of the vase, figure out what it's made of and the material's destroying value (Strength/Shear strength for frag, tensile strength for v. frag, ultimate tensile strength/compressive strength for pulv), find the density and divide the mass with the density to get the volume.

KLOL506 said:
Assembled1801 said:
Destroying a Vase (small, medium, and large) and Steel Cages? How much force would it take to demolish it?
Find the weight of the vase, figure out what it's made of and the material's destroying value (Strength/Shear strength for frag, tensile strength for v. frag, ultimate tensile strength/compressive strength for pulv), find the density and divide the mass with the density to get the volume.
Is mass is a size?

KLOL506 said:
Assembled1801 said:
could you tell me more about how this works? This could potentially help with calculating some really common feats I see in fiction myself

First, ya figure out the average vase's weight.

Then you figure out what stuff it's made out of (Jasonsith has a blog detailing the various ceramics and their frag, v. frag and pulv values). You find the stuff's density in g/cm^3 and then divide the mass (in grams) with the density to get the volume.

Then, you multiply it with frag (if it's broken to large pieces), v. frag (if it's reduced to tiny shards) or pulverization (if it's turned to dust and nothing remains of it).

If the shape is easy for you to figure out via visuals doe, just go with standard pixel scaling and assume 80-90% hollowness for the volume and just directly slap the frag, v. frag or pulv. values.

Shear strength is usually frag strength.

Tensile strength is v. frag.

Compression/Ultimate tensile strength is frag.

KLOL506 said:
First, ya figure out the average vase's weight.
Then you figure out what stuff it's made out of (Jasonsith has a blog detailing the various ceramics and their frag, v. frag and pulv values). You find the stuff's density in g/cm^3 and then divide the mass (in grams) with the density to get the volume.

Then, you multiply it with frag (if it's broken to large pieces), v. frag (if it's reduced to tiny shards) or pulverization (if it's turned to dust and nothing remains of it).

If the shape is easy for you to figure out via visuals doe, just go with standard pixel scaling and assume 80-90% hollowness for the volume and just directly slap the frag, v. frag or pulv. values.
I have made a model for breaking mugs.

Will make one for shattering whole vases soon.

KGiffoni said:
KGiffoni said:
This got accepted but i'm doing a more accurate version of it since i forgot some stuff here and there
The said feat is not just freezing the Earth - it is encasing the Earth withing an ice cube - as for how to create ice from vacuum? Mass-energy conversion as in E = mc^2?

Jasonsith said:
The said feat is not just freezing the Earth - it is encasing the Earth withing an ice cube - as for how to create ice from vacuum? Mass-energy conversion as in E = mc^2?
The mass-energy convertion feats states: " Matter-energy conversion should only be used for a calculation if it is clearly stated that this is the progress used. " and " One of the most important reasons is that it simply produces unrealistic values in virtually all cases. The energy required to do so is so ridiculously high that it is almost never realistic by any means. ".

I didn't do it because i didn't know what to do, but matter-energy conversion doesn't seem adequate if we're following these suggestions.

KGiffoni said:
I didn't do it because i didn't know what to do, but matter-energy conversion doesn't seem adequate if we're following these suggestions.
So is the said feat a creation hax instead of anything translated into AP yield after all?

Meh, i think it's just freezing the Earth demonstrated in a toon-like way, let's not overthink it

People are agreeing with applying it to Patrick as enviromental destruction

If a series says "as far as the eye can see" for something like a explosion or something else how far is that?

[I]Spinoirr said:
If a series says "as far as the eye can see" for something like a explosion or something else how far is that?[/I]
Depends on the height of perspective. If you're 1.7m and if you're at ground level, that's 4.7km.

They say the farthest distance a human eye can detect a candle flame is 2.76 kilometers.

Assuming both candle fire and explosions are "some fire", we can say that an "as far as a human eye can see" explosion is at most 2.76 km away.

Some people may gather more information and put them in a calc blog.

But a candle flame is significantly smaller than an explosion covering an entire area. Size matters a lot for this.

I think a simple "how far away is the horizon from this elevation" measurement is better.

Here are some stats on the amount of force needed to punch through mild steel walls of various sizes and here are calculators for bending metal bars, common feats worth adding to that post (or others in this site), I feel.

Re above:

Actually I introduced a bending calculator before - introduced the formula of bending force and the bending energy yield even.

And I am sure the distance travelled in bending is much longer than the material thickness.

I'd say you should add the other calculator as well, imo it's a good second option. I offered the idea of that calculator because from it, some characters can get pretty high lifting strength results.

What about the other link about punching a hole through mild steel? That's also helpful for lifting strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back