• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KLOL506 said:
Also say there's a big cuboid rock pillar 5m tall, 3 m wide all over all over and it gets broken into multiple pieces. How do we calculate the energy needed to destroy it?
Presumably you do 5*3*3, then multiply 45 by the toughness value.

Ugarik said the method's the same, just with different values.

So it's like this...

I figure out the volume and then multiply it with 45 divided by toughness value, right?

What's the 45 for tho?

No.

You'd get the volume, in your example that volume is 45m but it can be any number. And then you multiply that volume by the toughness value.

Ugarik said it's the same, but with toughness values instead of fragmentation values.

You'd get the volume, in your example that volume is 45m but it can be any number. And then you multiply that volume by the toughness value.

This

You should wait for the thread. I'm planing to post it on friday.

@KLOL506 there's no formula because there's no functional relation one can integrate. But it still can be measured using stress-strain or load-elongation graphs. I'll show you how to do it with explanation on friday

Not sure 100% if this is the place or if suggested, but can their be some values for real life volcano eruptions?Besides the ones already existing

Getting Hit By a Car

Could someone better explain the "not slammed into a wall" part for me?

And as for the "slammed into wall" part, would being hit and then carried by said vehicle qualify for this? (e.g. hit by bus and not sent flying, but continuing to be pushed by the bus.)

"Not slammed into a wall" is when you're hit by a car but the car keeps on moving.

Continuing to get pushed would not qualify for being "slammed into a wall".

Alright.

Could you also give a better example of the formula? I'm not really understanding it due to the fact that I think some things were skipped in the current example, and I'm confused how they got to the conclusion of 10.6 m/s

They took the mass of the car (1500kg), multiplied it by the speed of the car (11.176m/s), giving them 16764.

They took this number (16764) and divided it by the car's mass (1500kg) plus a human's mass (70kg), so 16764/1570, giving a result of 10.6777m/s.

I mean, when would you ever realistically get hit by a Chiron Super Sport 300+ even in fiction

A push on a request for some help from fluid dynamics masters to help solve the followings:

• Durability in Joule equivalent for dropping into the ocean surface
  • Breaking things inside a car in the ocean at different ocean depths
  • Speed of sinking in lava compared to water
Also some help needed to find the KE needed to

• Stop a fan
  • Stop a running chainsaw
  • Stop the movement of rotor wings (main and side) of a helicopter
  • Break rotor wings (main and side) of a helicopter

Durability in Joule equivalent for dropping into the ocean surface

Sorry but that's not how it works. The energy will be the same no matter at what surface you land. What will be diffecente is the impact force. It can be calculated as the drag fluid force is this case. So it's inpossible to calculate it in units of energy.

Breaking things inside a car in the ocean at different ocean depths

I don't understand what that means

Speed of sinking in lava compared to water

It depends on density of a sinking object. A human body won't sink in lava because lava has much higher density

Stop a fa Stop a running chainsaw, Stop the movement of rotor wings (main and side) of a helicopter

You need force in order to stop those things, not kinetic energy. It's like asking what speed is needed to melt one ton of ice

So, are pulverization calcs safe from being revised? Or are they also getting revised?

Migue79 said:
So, are pulverization calcs safe from being revised? Or are they also getting revised?
Not even pulverisation figures are safe. "Fusion", vaporisation, atomisation, subatomic destruction and total mass-evergy conversion figures are unaffected though.

Or should I say, they are safe until they aren't.

But it is highly suggested the proper frag, v frag and pulv ends for new materials are calibrated according to degree of toughness rather than blindly slapping shear strength, UTS and compression strength.

Cropfist said:
The link does not work.
The link should work now.

As a side project, I find it useful to give a general idea how characters standing at a certain range away from the camera actually look like, and made this.

Do we have anything on:

1. How to bend metal structures, such as bars, street lamps, gun barrels, etc.?

2. Surviving rolling while partially or wholely stuck inside something? For example, rolling down a hill while one's hands are stuck in a ball of mud, dirt or snow, causing the ball to regularly crush the victim as it flattens them while moving? Or just being stuck in the center as it rolls?

DeathstroketheHedgehog said:
Someone had a question about shaking levels for everything here.

I have a question myself: Is it possible to figure out someone's lifting strength by how far they throw something? Ex. This person threw this man X meters away, so their lifting strength should be X class.
Practically, no. Just think about how a good weight lifter may not be as good a javelin thrower or how a good javelin thrower may not be as good a weight lifter.

Unless explicitly stated inverse that it can (e.g. how Samurai Jack practices Jump Good by jumping around while strapped to a heavy boulder).

Hellbeast1 said:
ALSO do we have a value for someone being reduced to a skeleto
Why do you need that feat as a common feat?

Also do you mean burning the fleshes out or ripping the meat and organs out?

I have revisions to plan damn it

But I mean that trope of an energy attack reducing someone to a skeleton (do I think it may be Vape)

Jasonsith said:
Actually it all can be interpreted as durability. What kind of fan are you reffering to?

Ugarik said:
Jasonsith said:
Actually it all can be interpreted as durability. What kind of fan are you refering to?
This for the electric fan running at maximum power.

This for a running chainsaw.

The helicopter... Bell UH-1H Iroquois (Huey) helicopter. Bagi destroyed one helicopter by destroying one side rotor wing of a helicopter while the pilot was not being mind-controlled even if he looked into her eyes. (Before that she mind controlled one helicopter pilot to crash a helicopter into another helicopter but that is outside our discussion, and the pilot was not mind-controlled for his helicopter being destroyed.)

Also, help would be appreciated for energy/speed/lifting strength yield for the below:

So have you managed to assemble any new accepted useful standard calculations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back