• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A recalculation was made for crushing skulls via various means. Alot of verses out there simply use "Superhuman" as justification for skull crushing feats as they think the 500 kg of force we have on reference page is too much of a lowball. This calc might fix the problem. If it needs more validation then i or the audience here can get into contact with calc group members and end this once and for all.

Two hands requiring more force to crush a skull than one hand is weird. In most scenarios, a person just using their bicep vs a person using both biceps plus their chest, likely their core and back... means the person using one hand is objectively far stronger since he is using less to achieve the same result. Of course, the visual representation of the math, according to the calculation, is that there are literally just two floating hands exerting force on a skull.

Confused to be honest, not a calc evaluator or a mod but wasn't crushing a skull put at 3000 joules from guns? (Yes I'm aware this is about lifting strength, point still stands). While they were made from fake gel skulls, a professional company I'd think would probably be more accurate than random people on a versus wiki.

Two hands requiring more force to crush a skull than one hand is weird. In most scenarios, a person just using their bicep vs a person using both biceps plus their chest, likely their core and back... means the person using one hand is objectively far stronger since he is using less to achieve the same result. Of course, the visual representation of the math, according to the calculation, is that there are literally just two floating hands exerting force on a skull.
Should i make a comment on it?

I don't understand the whole surface area of the hand thing. Wouldn't it make more sense to calc the volume of what's being crushed in cubic inches then multiply that by the materials compressive/tensile strength in PSI?

That'd be assuming that the skull is a solid block of bone, except it's not.

The bullet end is the best possible end for this, as was determined in this CRT.

How so? You'd just be pixel scaling hand measurements then using the thickness of a skull to find the volume destroyed.
Not how it works. I'll explain what Wokistan said in the CRT's opening:

"The problem with it is that it treats the skull as just a cube made of bone, and uses the shear force needed to squish that. Skulls are obviously not just cubes of bone, and this distinction is of importance because it's actually a far smaller cross section that has to fail for the skull to be flattened".

As a result, pixel-scaling simply doesn't work here. I'd know, I tried that and it didn't pan out. You need IRL examples to go through with this kinda stuff.

Necro bump but this was already addressed in this thread and the methodology was rejected in the same thread in favor of using bullets as the baseline for crushing skulls. I will have this thread closed.

@KingTempest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back