• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So almost baseline Hypersonic then? What about throwing objects fast enough to catch fire? Like a dodgeball for instance? Seeing as it depends on the object and all

The standard size of a dodgeball is akin to the standard football, which is ~8.5 inch (216 mm) in diameter and 14.8 lbs (420 g) in mass.

Assume it takes the same speed to throw a dodgeball so fast it catches fire by sheer speed without pyrokinesis, that would be 0.5*0.42*(6000000/3600)^2 = 583,333 J (Wall level). Not very impressive if people can do that by sheer running.

Jasonsith said:
The standard size of a dodgeball is akin to the standard football, which is ~8.5 inch (216 mm) in diameter and 14.8 lbs (420 g) in mass.
Assume it takes the same speed to throw a dodgeball so fast it catches fire by sheer speed without pyrokinesis, that would be 0.5*0.42*(6000000/3600)^2 = 583,333 J (Wall level). Not very impressive if people can do that by sheer running.
I mean to ask if it would be a different speed if a ball were to catch fire rather than if a human did.

Though I've always wondered how much strength would be required to stop bullets and tank shells just by touching them and throwing 'em like nothing.

KLOL506 said:
Though I've always wondered how much strength would be required to stop bullets and tank shells just by touching them and throwing 'em like nothing.
A 145 gr (9 g) Glaser +P, Cor-Bon ACP bullet can be fired at 1,350 ft/s (410 m/s) and yield a total kinetic energy of 587 ftÔïàlbf (796 J). So stopping a bullet and throwing it back at its original speed only requires 1592 J (street level). Much less when it bounces back by hax or just by itself like you throw a ball onto a wall and it bounces back.

Absaddie said:
I mean to ask if it would be a different speed if a ball were to catch fire rather than if a human did.
That needs material science comparison works. May hold off a bit until someone knowledgeable in material science can do the job.

User blog:Arrogant Schmuck/Common Feats: Obliterating An Average Human

Please help evaluate, thanks.

One thing: this is for obliterating human flesh. The bones are harder to do damage right?

I suggest subtracting the volume of the human parts from the bone part to get the flesh part, then calculate the relative masses, densities and destruction energy yields respectively.

Edit: My idea above is rebutted by Drite77 those human body values are not meat vallues, but values for the whole human body, wich include the bones.

@Yung Mountain and Island level requirements.

The first part shows how large of a mountain/island you need to destroy to get those various levels. The second part shows some standard mountains/islands and what values you'd get for destroying them.

There's no reference page for that.

Not exactly possible. We already stressed the issue on another thread I believe. Too many variables.

You'll have to find the vaporization values for the type of wood you want to vaporize in a tree.

You can't really vaporize a tree. A tree doesn't become vapor, it becomes ash.

Becoming ash isn't the same thing as vaporization. But isn't it possible to vaporize ash given that ash is technically still a solid object?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Becoming ash isn't the same thing as vaporization. But isn't it possible to vaporize ash given that ash is technically still a solid object?
Theoretically yes but technically some restraints

• The wood may just burn upon being lighted up. So a small amount of energy to burn the tree up may just do.
  • Wood cells do not come in vapor form so you may have just pulverised it or simply destroyed it into molecular forms.

I meaning, burning a human body to ash for instance does inherently mean the water is vaporized, but not that stuff like bones are.

Before we move on, do we even have a feat where some tree is "turned into ash" and/or "turned into vapor" as a feat in attack potency? (One can burn a forest of trees easily with one unattended camp fire.)

The scientific meaning may be different from the apparent scenes in fiction.

Jasonsith said:
Before we move on, do we even have a feat where some tree is "turned into ash" and/or "turned into vapor" as a feat in attack potency? (One can burn a forest of trees easily with one unattended camp fire.)
The scientific meaning may be different from the apparent scenes in fiction.
It doesn't really give the type or size of the tree, but this is the feat I was asking for:

His face grew pale, but understanding flashed in his eyes and he smiled. He leaped out of the Immortal's Cave and waved his right hand. The Flame Serpent flew, slamming into a nearby tree.

A banging sound rang out, and the entire tree was engulfed in flame, and within moments had collapsed into ashes.
Was just wondering if there's anything for turning an "average" tree (if there's one) into ash

@Ugarik Another feat to at to the list of "Downplayed my Reality" version of my profile. Anyway, that does seem useful to add to the list.

One needs at least class K lifting strength to do it but it's still barely 9-C because concrete has very low elasticity

Blowing up vehicles in general are often '''Wall level''' given the whole gas explosion shenanigans and the fact that they're mostly chain reactions.

@HellBeast1 I said my downplayed by Reality key. Obviously my username says I'm High 6-B and my avatar says I'm Low 2-C. And my Admin powers imply I'm Tier 0 or above given I can delete Tier 0 profiles; though still below Bureaucrats.

It should be a lot above 10-B because elongasion would be way greater but nothing too impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back