• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

References For Common Feats (Flooding The Earth)

DemiiPowa

She/Her
VS Battles
Calculation Group
In the page we have that lists a lot of common feats in fiction, that we use avoid alot of needless repetitive calc submissions, I noticed one in particular earlier today.

Flooding The Earth:
The calc reads as following,
[...]there's nowhere near enough water in our planet to cause a planetary food. In fact, even if all of the Earth's water was converted into rainwater and fell down to the surface, the sea level would only rise by about 80m - which would only cover a tenth of the Earth's surface.

and

As such, we'll need to make amends and ignore the problems the sheer amount of water involved leads to

My problem with this is that it's artificially adding water to an already impossible feat, which feels like it shouldn't be applicable to calcs of this caliber. If its something like flooding a country or state, then that seems alot more feasible, however I don't think this calc should be on the common feats page for flooding the earth considering you cant really calc something like that.

EDIT: Going from the above paragraph, I meant it was unable to be calculated based on the available water on the planet

I'm open to any discussions or arguments.

Is there anyway to calculate a destructive tsunami-like flood that covers the entire world?

Is there anyway to calculate a destructive tsunami-like flood that covers the entire world?
Yes and no

With the amount of water on the planet, it is impossible to flood the world, even if we condensed the water in air to liquid form. However if you assume the world had x much more water (that would be needed for the flood), yes it would be possible

Yeah, that's what I was wondering too. Pretty sure in the Bible, water still existed before the flood started a thing, so the world flooding is basically God arbitrarily adding water to Earth.

The measurements are right, but the deal is the flood lasted 40 days and 40 nights, which is 3456000 seconds, which the calc DIDN'T take into account, although being fair, the flood was maintained for that long rather than it taking 40 whole days to happen, so...

Back