• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Gentle Pull Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was originally going to have this with a CRT about Rosalina and Bowser but eh why not separate it

ok where does the supreme being thing even come from? I get where it being above Rosalina comes from since it's implied that TGP is above Rosalina but her regarding it as the supreme being doesn't happen at all

It's stated in an interview. Tho I umm... sorta think the whole thing is kinda bull, they say stuff like 'we like to think of the player's influence in the game as a sort of gental pull ' or sthff like that, I could just be remembering it wrong, but what actually happened with rosalina is that the reason the 'gental pull' was never given a page is because it had never been referenced anywhere in game. Rosalina is just the in game reference they used to justify making a page for it.

I mean technically the Gentle Pull is a being and has statements that can justify a page, I Fact it only has statements

I actually find the fact that the scan of this reference isn't linked on the page for the gental pull as rather unappropriate

Isn't it from a Prima guide? Well, the statements for it at least other than Rosa's.

Chariot190 said:
Isn't it from a Prima guide? Well, the statements for it at least other than Rosa's.
The rest of the qoute left out of the profile actually gose

'It is the desire to be reunited with someone important to you. That pull is what brought us together.'

I know what's said in game. I'm talking about the backing statements.

Darkmon cns said:
Chariot190 said:
I know what's said in game. I'm talking about the backing statements.
Which statements? I'm afraid I'm not following you
I litterally said what statements. From the official Mario Galaxy prima guide.

You right generic, there should be scans.

I never said they were linked. I only said they exist. Someone should get them though and link it on the profile. Someone got old ass mm scans for majora, someone can do the same for this.

Chariot190 said:
I never said they were linked. I only said they exist. Someone should get them though and link it on the profile. Someone got old ass mm scans for majora, someone can do the same for this.
I never claimed you said that, I was saying they weren't on the profile

I would also like to note the profile uses its image to grave all the parts of rosalina's statement that support the profile well cutting out all the parts that imply the contrary.

Darkmon cns said:
I would also like to note the profile uses its image to grave all the parts of rosalina's statement that support the profile well cutting out all the parts that imply the contrary.
Grave? Is that a typo?

By the looks of it, it was discussed here and here. Agree the scans should be linked on the profiles, but judging by the title of the thread. I doubt a downgrade is happening.

The first thread is upgrading TGP via the justification it still has on its profile while the second one is more so discussing whether or not TGP is even a character, I'm still curious Ifrit their even is a scan besides the small bit of dialogue of it in Galaxy 2, I do agree it should still keep it's page even if it theoretically got downgraded though

There was a mention about the character being the Supreme being and that he lives beyond the Universe, it's a little vague whether or not that means the entirety of the Multiverse, reason it's only possibly 2-B as opposed to strait up 2-B. With the At least Low 2-C in mind.

You could ask Dino Ranger Black or Cal Howard though.

Shouldn't mario be upgraded to low 2C for being able to defeat bowser with the grand star? Or he could possibly have fate_manipulation via gentle pull being able to overcome bowser's power with the grand star

Why would he get a power when it's someone else doing it?

Yeah, sometimes. It aint a all the time thing like other profiles with deity protection.

Mario defeating Grand Star Powered Bowser is PIS. That has been discussed countless times, and it would inherently scale to Base Bowser who has no reason to be Low 2-C if the entire concept of him being Low 2-C is him being amped by the Grand Star. We can't upgrade Mario to Low 2-C based on something inconsistent.

I agree, but not because it's PIS, but because Mario was made to win via outside forces otherwise he'd of been screwed.

Bump. Those threads weren't very satisfactory to me. Nothing about Rosalina's description implies it's a supreme deity, and a fair few of the abilities are unfounded too. And if we remove the tier and abilities, it's just an abstract force beyond other physical laws, not really deserving of a page.

That is, unless other stuff's brought forward to substantiate it.

Now that this is re-opened.

I expanded on why I don't think Rosalina's explanation justifies the tier, and responded to some counterarguments from DDM/Dino, in this message wall thread.

And to summarize, I'd like to see the interview/guidebook scans that supposedly give TGP backing, but if those aren't brought forward, I think it should be downgraded to Unknown, and possibly deleted due to lack of notability.

What do the rest of you think about Agnaa's points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back