• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Gentle Pull Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
If there is no interview, should we go with Agnaa's suggestions instead?
tbh I think that the interview does exist, it's just that those that are in support of the current gentle pull cant find it, because I tried looking for it myself a few days ago in order to speed things up a tad and couldnt find it, yet vaguely recall Miyamoto mentioning it years ago, or at least recall it being mentioned that Miyamoto mentioned it. Unfortunately he mario wiki doesnt have a profile for the gentle pull eithr, thus despite that wiki tending to have sources and citations on most things, there aint even a easy way to find anything on it on that wiki except through a few rosalina quotes.

Honestly dont know what we should do in regards to this. I dont even think the interview had anything substanstial in it other then the confirmation that it was a legit character but stll.

The Interview definitely exists, Dino and Ryukama wouldn't even mention it if it didn't. But they're often difficult to find given the fact that the Nintendo website among other things is always moving stuff around. However, I do recall the Gentle Pull is basically supposed to be "The Player/You" type of character. Though, the "Supreme deity that guides the characters" does seem consistent.

Even if it does exist we might come up with a different interpretation than was accepted before. As Chariot said, it may just confirm that it's an actual character, and might miss statements that it's a supreme deity.

Maybe you can ask Dino to try to find the interview via his message wall?

Alright, I've done so.

I received a response from Dino.

Dino Ranger Black said:
As far as I'm concern, I don't recall one even existing and I'm beginning to have concerns for this as well. I'm planning to make a CRT about this. It might be avaliable sometime in January, though I can't confirm what date due to my schedule.
I'll post here again once I've figured out how to proceed.

I asked Dino about implementing the changes I suggested earlier so we don't need a separate CRT, and I got this response

Dino Ranger Black said:
Actually, it's more than that but it also involves others things in the series as well. That's why I rather have a CRT done first before implementing the changes since they are going to be major ones.
So I think it's fine to wait a bit for a major CRT on this and any knock-on/related issues.

Ah, darn... Well, I suppose perhaps dealing with one CRT as opposed to have two in quick succession is perhaps a good way to go about things, but... I also think we should respect the conclusions this CRT made in its own right.

I'm curious to know what plans he has, but they do appear be some verse wide upgrades from what I loosely recall.

Bump.

(EDIT: Whoops, just remembered why I hadn't bumped this thread for so long. I can't really un-bump a thread so just ignore this I guess.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back