• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Country Divided (Redux) • RP Thread

"I need my parents' court back together, I need Sigmar and Yharon to reunify Baharuth, something I can't do myself, I need to swim through politics and doing what I can on my own in the Kingdom, and that means I need a team of people with the connections and tenacity to do what's necessary, people that can be asked, coerced, or bought to reunify Baharuth, The Order of Reunification!" Thalia quietly announced, spreading her arms to fully reveal her intricate armor and cape in a glorious pose... and there was no way in hell that she didn't practice that one in the mirror.
"To do good is to bring Good Fortune. I've arrived at exactly that, Your Majesty..." Caitlin nodded. Could be a relatively good time to say something inspirational or quoting something, but she'd rather express what is needed than what isn't. "Unify."

Last edited:
Order of... Reuni.... something. Reunity? Reuniration? Reunion? Re... union. Union. Unifi... unified. Unified... unification...?

"Order... of... Reu... ni..fi...cation...??"

"Uh, OK then..." Kaminos said, seeing the theatrics of the speech. Flashy wasn't really his thing. At least, unless something flashy also meant getting the job done. The Elf-Orc scratched the back of his head and sniffed, "So, was there a place you had in mind for us to start off, or did you just want us to do our thing?"

"Well, I'm here right? I'm in obviously!" Palaria said light-heartedly, smiling widely

"Your wish is my command my lord." Rubedo said, bowing deeply
Order of... Reuni.... something. Reunity? Reuniration? Reunion? Re... union. Union. Unifi... unified. Unified... unification...?

"Order... of... Reu... ni..fi...cation...??"
"just call it '*order.'" Palaria whispered to Cain

Thalia smiled as she realized everyone seemed to agree, that was one weight off her shoulders, now to the next weight to do

"Now, I'd be a fool to trust everyone here, so I took the liberty of selecting a leader that I can personally apsolutely trust, so, meet Vera, my Childhood friend and a Combat Medic." Thalia said, the red-haired woman behind her, her name now known, Vera, nodded her head

"Good to be... worling with you all." Vera said, Thalia taking a step back and whispering very quietly to her

"You'll do fine, all right? You're a good leader and healer... even without the rune for the former."

Morgan studied their new leader more closely then he had before. Putting someone you know you can trust in charge of a group like this was the most reasonable course of action and she seemed capable so he had no objections. He was intrigued about where this path would take him and what it would reveal to him so he was ready to offer his full support. "I look forward to working with you," he said to Vera before turning to the rest of his new companions, "And all of you as well." he added.

"Well, having someone like you as a leader will help us in case we require some political influence, medical intelligence or any other quality that you have " Rassilon said, having no problem with Thalia's friend guiding them on their adventure.

"Well, having someone like you as a leader will help us in case we require some political influence, medical intelligence or any other quality that you have " Rassilon said, having no problem with Thalia's friend guiding them on their adventure.
"You say that like Nobles like me..." Vera muttered under her breath, maintaining her smile as she stepped forward to closely examine her team, she was no expert on Beastmen or Homunculi or whatever Cain-or Nigredo as she went by right now- was, but she hoped Healing magic would be sufficient in that regard

"Good to be... working with you all." Vera said, Thalia taking a step back and whispering very quietly to her
"The pleasure is mine, Miss Vera..." Caitlin would take a step forward and reach out for a handshake, "A great leader like you would bring us good fortune in the upcoming travels. I am sure of it..."

Nigredo never said she was going to agree to this. But then again, she never disagreed. After all, there was no reason to. Because she didn't care about kingdoms. Or politics. Or people. Or anything.

She just wanted to kill.

And sweet K1¹ll.. iiin... g. SHE'D GET! YIPPEE! BANZAI! MURDER! Evvvverrryttthiiiinggggg-

Nigredo simply nodded. That was enough to confirm that she was basically on board completely, and that she planned to follow the lead of whoever this Vera woman was.

"Forgive me for not trusting your judgment 'your highness', but...what qualifications does this...human have to lead us? To lead me?" The Beastman said, his gaze returning to the red-eyed woman.

"Does she even have any leadership training? Experience?"

"The pleasure is mine, Miss Vera..." Caitlin would take a step forward and reach out for a handshake, "A great leader like you would bring us good fortune in the upcoming travels. I am sure of it..."
Vera took the hand shake, though she didn't seem quite 100% friendly, and considering what Za'zhirr said right after, she seemed to have some reason not to be
"Forgive me for not trusting your judgment 'your highness', but...what qualifications does this...human have to lead us? To lead me?" The Beastman said, his gaze returning to the red-eyed woman.

"Does she even have any leadership training? Experience?"
"You're calling me 'your highness', right? Vera has more practical combat and operation leadership experience then I do." Thalia responded a bit bluntly

"Also, mister big Beastman, I seem to be the only one here with both items and magic with the capability to heal, even if i wasnt the leader, we go at my pace, not yours." Vera said, her sharp words coming out even as she shook the hand of Caitlin

He's certainly going to be...interesting to work with, Morgan though as he sighed and turned to look at Za'zhirr with a flat expression. Certainly thinks highly of himself if he's going to be that disrespectful. Wonder what his problem with humans is?

Healing seemed pretty useless. I mean, who needed Healing? Not Nigredo. It had like... what? A bazillion fresh wounds? Lose a few pints of blood? Walk it off. Or whatever miscellaneous liquid that the thing could call blood. Tar? Definitely wasn't blood. Isn't it weird how you can find metal in blood? Iron and minerals and stuff. Nigredo didn't have blood, though. Yeah, it was more like really watery glue. Or something a lot thicker and stickier than blood.

Anyways, Nigredo didn't particularly care whose pace she followed during whatever was going to be following, nor did it care for itself. Healing seemed... unneeded. Insignificant, even.

The beastman pupils narrowed, a quiet growl escaping his throat. He said nothing for a moment, before simply breathing out, folding his arms over his chest.

"...Acknowledged." The beast grumbled.

"Also, mister big Beastman, I seem to be the only one here with both items and magic with the capability to heal, even if i wasnt the leader, we go at my pace, not yours." Vera said, her sharp words coming out even as she shook the hand of Caitlin
"First impressions." Caitlin would mutter to back Vera's statement. Though they were two words, her voice contained enough meaning. Her silver pupils never changed in any way, nor was with her body language.

"It makes sense, regardless of one's body's resistance, without proper treatment we would be in a difficult situation. Plus she knows what Thalia's plan more precisely than us, so we wouldn't have to be asking Thalia every time we see her what the next step would be if there is a change." Rassilon said.

"Healing or no healing, I'm ready when you are, *'toheū'mm!" Kaminos said, forgetting that probably no one else spoke Orc. This was something he would often do, sometimes unknowingly defaulting back to his first language.

*'toheū'mm - "team" in Orc language.

"Healing or no healing, I'm ready when you are, *'toheū'mm!" Kaminos said, forgetting that probably no one else spoke Orc. This was something he would often do, sometimes unknowingly defaulting back to his first language.
“Haha! You’re certainly confident I’ll give you that.” Morgan said putting his previous thoughts aside and smiling once again. “I suppose that makes sense though. I’m looking forward to this as well.”

“Haha! You’re certainly confident I’ll give you that.” Morgan said putting his previous thoughts aside and smiling once again. “I suppose that makes sense though. I’m looking forward to this as well.”
"There are no greater wagers to make than yourself, especially in a game of life and death~" Kumi said, echoing the excitement of both Kaminos and Morgan.

"Look out for her, her magic can either make things a cakewalk or nightmare for people working with her..." The Elf-Orc said to Morgan, "Just so you know."

The beastman pupils narrowed, a quiet growl escaping his throat. He said nothing for a moment, before simply breathing out, folding his arms over his chest.

"...Acknowledged." The beast grumbled.
"Good." Vera said, finishing her handshake with Caitlin and moving to be somewhere around the center of the group
"It makes sense, regardless of one's body's resistance, without proper treatment we would be in a difficult situation. Plus she knows what Thalia's plan more precisely than us, so we wouldn't have to be asking Thalia every time we see her what the next step would be if there is a change." Rassilon said.
"Also, I can literally contact her anytime, anywhere and vice versa. So if plans change I'll know." Vera said, nodding

"All right, we'll take our leave ladies and gentlemen, Vera can handle what to do from here." Albus said before moving fast to Palaria and whispering something to her in a code that only Palaria herself could decipher

"Keep me updated personally, Palaria. Call it gut instinct." He whispered before he and his queen nodded and eachother and he raised a hand and teleported them out in a flash

Last edited:
Oh, goodie. The people were gone. Some of them, at least. But just a few of them being gone made Nigredo... calmer.

"...do we... go... to... som...e... where... uh... now?" The creature then questioned their next move with a tilted head.

Rassilon was also wondering what the first step would be, in which direction the Group should move, so he waited for Vera's first order.

"There are no greater wagers to make than yourself, especially in a game of life and death~" Kumi said, echoing the excitement of both Kaminos and Morgan.

"Look out for her, her magic can either make things a cakewalk or nightmare for people working with her..." The Elf-Orc said to Morgan, "Just so you know."
Morgan’s eyes widened and he said, “I’ve heard of a power like that before but I’ve never seen it. Turning everything into a gamble would make things interesting if nothing else. Can’t say it’s really my style though.” He was genuinely excited to learn about everyone. Gathering information was one of his favorite things to do.
"Good." Vera said, finishing her handshake with Caitlin and moving to be somewhere around the center of the group

"Also, I can literally contact her anytime, anywhere and vice versa. So if plans change I'll know." Vera said, nodding

"All right, we'll take our leave ladies and gentlemen, Vera can handle what to do from here." Albus said before moving fast to Palaria and whispering something to her in a code that only Palaria herself could decipher
With the queen and Albus gone Morgan turned his attention back to Vera. “So then, what’s our plan from here?”

Caitlin nodded, stood back and just listened through the whole conversation, and awaited for anything important or noteworthy to lend her ear on.

Morgan’s eyes widened and he said, “I’ve heard of a power like that before but I’ve never seen it. Turning everything into a gamble would make things interesting if nothing else. Can’t say it’s really my style though.” He was genuinely excited to learn about everyone. Gathering information was one of his favorite things to do.
"Hearing of it might have something to with me being wanted in most cities because of that power, but who's to say for sure?" Kumi answered with a nonchalant shrug.

Caitlin nodded, stood back and just listened through the whole conversation, and awaited for anything important or noteworthy to lend her ear on.
Kaminos had moved on to talking to other group members, and encountered Caitlin.

"Oi! I'm Kaminos Pyr!" He said, extending a hand to her, "I feel like I should've introduced myself to everyone personally, so I decided I'd start here and work my way around! What was your name again, miss?"

Kaminos had moved on to talking to other group members, and encountered Caitlin.

"Oi! I'm Kaminos Pyr!" He said, extending a hand to her, "I feel like I should've introduced myself to everyone personally, so I decided I'd start here and work my way around! What was your name again, miss?"
"Caitlin, or you can call me Kate." reaching her only hand left and shook his, nodding a bit. "Or Cee if that's what you want, I'm fine with any..."

"Caitlin, or you can call me Kate." reaching her only hand left and shook his, nodding a bit. "Or Cee if that's what you want, I'm fine with any..."
"That's a lot of names..." He said, "Maybe I'll just stick with Caitlin because that's the one you said first."

"Hearing of it might have something to with me being wanted in most cities because of that power, but who's to say for sure?" Kumi answered with a nonchalant shrug.
“Yeah, that would do it. We’d definitely have made note of someone like that.” Morgan said with a chuckle. He had never taken the time to really look into the situation around her but he was sure someone in the business had.

“Yeah, that would do it. We’d definitely have made note of someone like that.” Morgan said with a chuckle. He had never taken the time to really look into the situation around her but he was sure someone in the business had.
"I'm flattered!~" Kumi said, "Even if the danger I pose isn't necessarily up to me, I suppose it's still a compliment."

Vera clapped her hands together "All right everyone, Albus' expertise on our shadowy friends running around had dictated that this village will be attacked in about five hours, at about 1600. For those of you who can read I have this booklet of everything we know about the shadows and their classes, for those that can't, just stab and cut and attack and that should work on most of them, seeing as this is a low-level attack anticipating Low-level defenders... so perfect for us, right?" Vera said, handing the booklet to Palaria who moved to give it to Rassilon, clearly Vera viewed everyone in the team's power with some form of disdain, including her own it seemed

"Thank you for the explanation my lady." Rubedo said, beginning to bow before Vera stopped her with one hand

"You're probably gonna need that more than I will, you know, since they dont hafe fangs and can't transform into bats and wolves and mist!" Palaria said, poking fun at Rassilon's family heritage to try and lighten the mood

"Ohohoho! Is it bad that I wanna hear it now?" The Elf-Orc asked.
"Remove the R and ilon from my name, and you'll know, those who bothered me at the academy used it as an insult" Rassilon sa
"You're probably gonna need that more than I will, you know, since they dont hafe fangs and can't transform into bats and wolves and mist!" Palaria said, poking fun at Rassilon's family heritage to try and lighten the mood
"Oh little one, really? I'm sure you can turn into a bat if I bite you." He joked.

"I'm flattered!~" Kumi said, "Even if the danger I pose isn't necessarily up to me, I suppose it's still a compliment."
“A compliment huh? I suppose that’s one way of looking at it.” He said with an amused look.
Vera clapped her hands together "All right everyone, Albus' expertise on our shadowy friends running around had dictated that this village will be attacked in about five hours, at about 1600. For those of you who can read I have this booklet of everything we know about the shadows and their classes, for those that can't, just stab and cut and attack and that should work on most of them, seeing as this is a low-level attack anticipating Low-level defenders... so perfect for us, right?" Vera said, handing the booklet to Palaria who moved to give it to Rassilon, clearly Vera viewed everyone in the team's power with some form of disdain, including her own it seemed

"Thank you for the explanation my lady." Rubedo said, beginning to bow before Vera stopped her with one hand

“So combat right of the bat,” Morgan said after Vera finished her explanation. He made his way over to Palaria and Rassilon to get a look at the booklet, “Any information is a valuable weapon. Let’s see what we’re working with here,” he said to himself.

Back