• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Country Divided (Redux) • RP Thread

Now this was weird. This insect grape girl acted like she knew a lot. Was she following the creature? Some kind of crazed stalker, viciously lusting after it? A pervert. She must've been a pervert. Gross. Blegh.

Or maybe she was just perceptive. This was also... equally likely. Maybe.

"....."

Nigredo pulled out what she had been working on. Her hands were... unnaturally big, clawed, and covered in dark fur, but that was besides the point. If they wanted it to be, I suppose.

They held out a large clump of metal that had been carved into the shape of a cat. A very... big cat. The design was unrefined, with several jagged and sharp edges... but anyone who looked closely could tell these were added on purpose.

"...kitty..."

She pointed to Za'zhirr who was moping in his corner. Looking closely... yes, the steel cat did weirdly resemble Za'zhirr's face. If he was a normal, much smaller cat.
"It's very nice, Nigredo..." Palaria said, examining the creation with curiosity and wonder painted all over her face, this wasn't a woman who hid her emotions, rather she seemingly let them flow free

What she said before didn't really have a meaning, she wasn't into the machinations of the underworld, that was moreso her older brother, but considering Nigredo's state, Rubedo's reaction to her, and Palaria's limited knowledge on Alchemy, she could somewhat connect the dots, but she just... hadn't done so yet. But what she had connected the dots on was that Nigredo here wasn't an exactly completely natural individual.

Very nice? Very nice??? It was a cat. Those weren't just very nice. They were extremely nice. What an understatement. What an idiot. What an iĎ#ĐDdì11⁰tT I#DIOT HahA. Iddd#ddď#-

"...cat."

Nigredo nodded. It was indeed a very nice cat.

Very nice? Very nice??? It was a cat. Those weren't just very nice. They were extremely nice. What an understatement. What an idiot. What an iĎ#ĐDdì11⁰tT I#DIOT HahA. Iddd#ddď#-

"...cat."

Palaria smiled, she didn't see a reason to do anything like ask for it or anything like that, so she simply silently smiled and nodded

"Yes. I am Caitlin..." examining the sword, she'd look at it intently and back at Rass, "I'm guessing you are here for a reason?"
"Yes, a chance, I want to be here to change things and maybe bring back my family name to fame although without killing vampires hehe, what about you?" he said

"Yes, a chance, I want to be here to change things and maybe bring back my family name to fame although without killing vampires hehe, what about you?" he said
"Preach the teachings of Sheng Yen and provide good Karma..." Caitlin responded, before glancing behind her and at...
Palaria smiled, she didn't see a reason to do anything like ask for it or anything like that, so she simply silently smiled and nodded

"...cat."

...the two bonding, like she's found something she needed to do, "...like with those two. I'd like to help them, 這樣我就能得到“好運”

The last part was... undiscernible— a language formed not from anywhere aside herself, but one spoken with accuracy— not an impersonation.

"Preach the teachings of Sheng Yen and provide good Karma..." Caitlin responded, before glancing behind her and at...

...the two bonding, like she's found something she needed to do, "...like with those two. I'd like to help them, 這樣我就能得到“好運”

The last part was... undiscernible— a language formed not from anywhere aside herself, but one spoken with accuracy— not an impersonation.
"Well, I hope we can help us, who knows maybe you can fix my bad luck hunting me" Rassilon joked a little, not understanding the language she spoke but only the concept of good karma.

"Well, I hope we can help us, who knows maybe you can fix my bad luck hunting me" Rassilon joked a little, not understanding the language she spoke but only the concept of good karma.
"Maybe. Perhaps." she'd start to shift conversation just as quickly as she said, "What's with the sword? I am not knowledgeable in weapons, but.... does it have a special property?"

"Maybe. Perhaps." she'd start to shift conversation just as quickly as she said, "What's with the sword? I am not knowledgeable in weapons, but.... does it have a special property?"
"not exactly yet, but it will have one, I have been thinking about turning this sword into something that can transform into a shield with a specific movement, so one don't have to do a lot of movement in the combat for protection"

(I'm so sorry I've been busy last night and earlier today. What'd I miss?)
(Not much, just a bunch of talking)
"not exactly yet, but it will have one, I have been thinking about turning this sword into something that can transform into a shield with a specific movement, so one don't have to do a lot of movement in the combat for protection"
"I see." nodding along, "Though that would have disadvantages you'd need to improve on in real battles...."

"I see." nodding along, "Though that would have disadvantages you'd need to improve on in real battles...."
"Don't worry, I have my other means of defense" He said as he took out a pair of gloves from his apparently magical pockets and made electricity appear in each hand after putting on the gloves.

"...cat."

Za'zhirr stared deadpan at the kitten the weird creature had created, his eyes pupils shrinking ever so slightly.

“…How quaint.” The Beast muttered to himself. He gave the girl a small nod, befite turning away.

Nigredo turned towards Za'zhirr, all three of its eyes blinking simultaneously. Then it looked at the cat. Then back at Za'zhirr. Then back at the cat. Then back at him.

"...meow?"

"Don't worry, I have my other means of defense" He said as he took out a pair of gloves from his apparently magical pockets and made electricity appear in each hand after putting on the gloves.
"Impressive." Caitlin would give a thumbs up, "The best defense is the best offense...." quoting someone from something, making stealing glances at Nigredo whom she did consider to be adorable.

"Impressive." Caitlin would give a thumbs up, "The best defense is the best offense...." quoting someone from something.
"Thank you, well what about you, what do you specialize in?" Rassilon said with interest, he knew just by looking at her that she was a warrior, he simply wanted to know what kind of tactics or style she could use.

Nigredo turned towards Za'zhirr, all three of its eyes blinking simultaneously. Then it looked at the cat. Then back at Za'zhirr. Then back at the cat. Then back at him.

"...meow?"
Za'zhirr glanced back toward her...debating whether it was worth responding. With the smallest smirk, he cleared his throat, trying to recall how he did it when he was a child.

"Meowww." The Beast said, the noise vibrating in his mouth. It was...quite a bit deeper than any housecat, as if a lion was trying to mimic the noise a domestic cat would make.

"Thank you, well what about you, what do you specialize in?" Rassilon said with interest, he knew just by looking at her that she was a warrior, he simply wanted to know what kind of tactics or style she could use.
"Hand to hand, Magic, and swordfighting..." showing him the black sword on the side of her hips.
Za'zhirr glanced back toward her...debating whether it was worth responding. With the smallest smirk, he cleared his throat, trying to recall how he did it when he was a child.

"Meowww." The Beast said, the noise vibrating in his mouth. It was...quite a bit deeper than any housecat, as if a lion was trying to mimic the noise a domestic cat would make.
Before trying to hold a little bit of laughter as Caitlin found it cute, "Fufufu.." a genuine smile, as she looked at Rassilon and said, "S-sorry, I ermm, apologize for he-laughing..."

"Sorry to keep you all waiitng, you seemed to be enjoying your conversations." A female voice said as am Invisibility spell was dropped some meters away, revealing three individuals, but it was strange that they weren't sensed...

One was the female who spoke in a full body cloak, but was definitely in platemail of some description under it, and hiding her identity since they didn't come here fully jacked with an Invisibility spell all the time

Another was a main with brown but graying hair with piercing blue eyes, his blue robe said much of his position and anybody who knew anything about the Kingdom of Baharuth knew that this was Albus, the Royal Head Mage, who's appearance visibly made Palaria happier

And the third was a woman in pretty solid white leather armor that was fairly intricate, at her front was a pack that was clearly for medical supplies and at her sides were two Katana sheaths loaded with katanas, she had piercing red eyes and tied up red hair, and from her hard and sharp eyes she was definitely someone who's seen combat before...

"...lord." Rubedo said, bowing to the cloaked individual immediately on-sight, making them immediately shoo Rubedo with one gauntleted hand in embarrassment

Haha.

Hahaha haa.

Hahaha HAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAH̸̱̿Ą̷̤̘̰̍H̸̘̐̔͝A̷̺̮͛͝H̸̘̅Å̷̮H̸͔͈̲̽̑̿̆Ǎ̸̘͉̙̜̃Ḩ̵̢̹̫̍Å̶̛̗̟̕͘͜H̵̠̮̟͕̆A̷̟͍̠̝͐̽͌͝H̸̥͌Ḁ̶̣͐͝H̷̩͚̣̉͘A̵͇͕̜̍̽́Ḣ̴̬̋̔A̵̞̜̾̀̀͝ H̸̱̿Ą̷̤̘̰̍H̸̘̐̔͝A̷̺̮͛͝H̸̘̅Å̷̮H̸͔͈̲̽̑̿̆Ǎ̸̘͉̙̜̃Ḩ̵̢̹̫̍Å̶̛̗̟̕͘͜H̵̠̮̟͕̆A̷̟͍̠̝͐̽͌͝H̸̥͌Ḁ̶̣͐͝H̷̩͚̣̉͘A̵͇͕̜̍̽́Ḣ̴̬̋̔A̵̞̜̾̀̀͝ H̸̱̿Ą̷̤̘̰̍H̸̘̐̔͝A̷̺̮͛͝H̸̘̅Å̷̮H̸͔͈̲̽̑̿̆Ǎ̸̘͉̙̜̃Ḩ̵̢̹̫̍Å̶̛̗̟̕͘͜H̵̠̮̟͕̆A̷̟͍̠̝͐̽͌͝H̸̥͌Ḁ̶̣͐͝H̷̩͚̣̉͘A̵͇͕̜̍̽́Ḣ̴̬̋̔A̵̞̜̾̀̀͝.

"Haha."

Very funny. The creature thought the big cat was very, very funny.

On the contrary...
"Sorry to keep you all waiitng, you seemed to be enjoying your conversations." A female voice said as am Invisibility spell was dropped some meters away, revealing three individuals, but it was strange that they weren't sensed...

One was the female who spoke in a full body cloak, but was definitely in platemail of some description under it, and hiding her identity since they didn't come here fully jacked with an Invisibility spell all the time

Another was a main with brown but graying hair with piercing blue eyes, his blue robe said much of his position and anybody who knew anything about the Kingdom of Baharuth knew that this was Albus, the Royal Head Mage, who's appearance visibly made Palaria happier

And the third was a woman in pretty solid white leather armor that was fairly intricate, at her front was a pack that was clearly for medical supplies and at her sides were two Katana sheaths loaded with katanas, she had piercing red eyes and tied up red hair, and from her hard and sharp eyes she was definitely someone who's seen combat before...

"...lord." Rubedo said, bowing to the cloaked individual immediately on-sight, making them immediately shoo Rubedo with one gauntleted hand in embarrassment
This was not funny. More people. More unfunny, insectoid people... more voices... more EVERYTHING.

"...blegh..."

The creature was back to square one. Back to blegh.

"Ye-hes... We were..." Caitlin would be looking at the three individuals as she cleared her throat, correcting herself and composure, curious— full of wonder.

"Hand to hand, Magic, and swordfighting..." showing him the black sword on the side of her hips.
Before trying to hold a little bit of laughter as Caitlin found it cute, "Fufufu.." a genuine smile, as she looked at Rassilon and said, "S-sorry, I ermm, apologize for he-laughing..."

Rassilon was also going to laugh at what happened but

They appeared, Rassilon bowed his head slightly in their presence, in an attempt to be polite but without going too far ,the time to joke have passed, or so he believes, he assumed it was time to take this seriously.

"Greetings"

Morgan looked at each individual one at a time. He recognized Albus but couldn't quite place the others. They really were called here by some fascinating people. He gave a slight bow and said, "No need for apologies. I am just glad to finally be able to meet you."

The beastman was going to respond to the chorus of laughter, before simply breathing out, glancing at the new arrivals. He closed the book in his hand, dropping it back into his bag.

"...You approach us with parlor tricks? You must be in dire straits, for royalty to need to hide their presence." The beastman muttered. He placed a hand against his hip, looking down at them.

Morgan briefly glanced over at the beastman, surprised by his comments, but kept his thoughts to himself. Parlor tricks? That invisibility and the cloaking were both excellent. Didn't feel a thing.

Parlor tricks was right. What kind of weirdo just stands there being invisible watching people talk? Like, seriously. So GR0§SŠ. Nigredo did N⁰ť like whoever these people were already. AT aŁŁ. Just like it didn't like... uhhh...

"....I... know... no... n...ee..d... remind..."

"....."

"...fine."

"Yes, yes..."

"...."

Then they were silent, simply listening.

The beastman was going to respond to the chorus of laughter, before simply breathing out, glancing at the new arrivals. He closed the book in his hand, dropping it back into his bag.

"...You approach us with parlor tricks? You must be in dire straits, for royalty to need to hide their presence." The beastman muttered. He placed a hand against his hip, looking down at them.
"Not everyone basks in attention Za'zhirr, though you'll all be getting plenty of it." Albus responded, smirking a bit as the woman removed her hood, the blonde hair and golden yellow eyes being clear markings of Queen Thalia herself

"Greetings, I... dont think I have to introduce myself." Thalia said, looking and regarding each of the group with either a nod or a look, depending on their mannerisms thus far

"Greetings, I... dont think I have to introduce myself." Thalia said, looking and regarding each of the group with either a nod or a look, depending on their mannerisms thus far
"It is a pleasure to see the Queen in the flesh." nodding at Thalia, "Our previous high elders have heard about your history..." Caitlin placed a hand on her chest, lowering her head in respect.

"yes is not need, Your Majesty, huh what is happening here exactly?" Rassilon said, a little impressed by her presence but not that much, mainly if the Royal Head Mage was here, it wouldn't be strange to expect someone of such level to also be present. Rass was more worried about the why she is here present instead of her status.

"Not everyone basks in attention Za'zhirr, though you'll all be getting plenty of it." Albus responded, smirking a bit as the woman removed her hood, the blonde hair and golden yellow eyes being clear markings of Queen Thalia herself

Seeing the Queen's face, Morgan made a much more respectful bow and responded, "Of course not your highness. It is an honor to be invited to meet you in person."

Oh. This person was the queen? Well, that's unfair. Why can't the creature be the Queen? The thing should be the queen. With a CROWN! A s1¹lvérrr.... Cr0000wNN! With jewels? Definitely with jewels. AlLWAYS§... with... jewels. Rubies and whatnot.

Anyways.

"...introduction... unneeded." Nigredo said flatly, "...only... here... work. Status... irrelevant."

"Hmph...for the sake of my time, I do hope so." The Beastman muttered, smoothing a bit of the fur on his unarmored arm.

"...I assume the...red-eyed human is a personal guard of some kind?"

(Crap, I feel like I missed a lot.)
(You didn't, I literally JUST started to move the story along)
"It is a pleasure to see the Queen in the flesh." nodding at Thalia, "Our previous high elders have heard about your history..." Caitlin placed a hand on her chest, lowering her head in respect.
"I haven't really done anything worth renown yet..." Thalia muttered
Seeing the Queen's face, Morgan made a much more respectful bow and responded, "Of course not your highness. It is an honor to be invited to meet you in person."
"Please, drop the formaliries, even despite personal preference it's easier to actually DO something myself when everyone within a five mile radius doesn't know who I am." Thalia said, raising both hands, and in doing so, revealing a large sword holstered at her side, it was quite clear that the queen wasn't exactly a passive individual.
"yes is not need, Your Majesty, huh what is happening here exactly?" Rassilon said, a little impressed by her presence but not that much, mainly if the Royal Head Mage was here, it wouldn't be strange to expect someone of such level to also be present. Rass was more worried about the why she is here present instead of her status.
"If we're going to be honest, Baharuth is dying, even if slowly. Division has brought forth the worst individuals looking to profit off of it, and the armies of the Kingdom aren't exactly omnipresent, which means a combination of corruption, underworld activity, and something else pulling strings we haven't identified are running rampant. And before you ask two questions, one, I'm not looking to make a black operations group, my father had one, but I don't particularly know where any of the former members are now, and I'm not looking to off nobles, privately or publicly, due to the problems killing off so many nobles at once causes." Thalia explained, before she took a step ahead of her compatriots and continued

"I need my parents' court back together, I need Sigmar and Yharon to reunify Baharuth, something I can't do myself, I need to swim through politics and doing what I can on my own in the Kingdom, and that means I need a team of people with the connections and tenacity to do what's necessary, people that can be asked, coerced, or bought to reunify Baharuth, The Order of Reunification!" Thalia quietly announced, spreading her arms to fully reveal her intricate armor and cape in a glorious pose... and there was no way in hell that she didn't practice that one in the mirror.
"Hmph...for the sake of my time, I do hope so." The Beastman muttered, smoothing a bit of the fur on his unarmored arm.

"...I assume the...red-eyed human is a personal guard of some kind?"
"Hah! I dont think Thalia needs a personal guard Catman!" The individual immediately responded, flashing a smile that said that it was somewhat genuine and somewhat forced at the same time

Kaminos had remained silent thus far, focused on keeping his eyes on Kumi. She was a wild card, one he had worked with and contended against depending on whichever felt more fun for her to do at the time.

Finally, upon meeting the Queen, Kaminos finally spoke, all the while still being aware of his surroundings just in case any randomness ensued because of Kumi's powers.

"Thank you for putting your confidence in me, Your Majesty!" Kaminos said, giving a nod and grunt after speaking, "It's an honor~"

"Getting a group like us for something like that is pretty ballsy!" Kumi said, "I can already tell we're gonna be in for a fun time!"

Kaminos looked over at Kumi, while also praying internally that her addition to the group wouldn't result in the task at hand becoming more difficult.

"I need my parents' court back together, I need Sigmar and Yharon to reunify Baharuth, something I can't do myself, I need to swim through politics and doing what I can on my own in the Kingdom, and that means I need a team of people with the connections and tenacity to do what's necessary, people that can be asked, coerced, or bought to reunify Baharuth, The Order of Reunification!" Thalia quietly announced, spreading her arms to fully reveal her intricate armor and cape in a glorious pose... and there was no way in hell that she didn't practice that one in the mirror
"I understand what you're asking for, I guess if we don't do something society itself will collapse into anarchy sooner or later, so I'm in."

Listening to her speech confirmed a lot of things that Morgan had already suspected. His family knew plenty about the issues plaguing the kingdom. The exact purpose of calling all these people together had become clear and it was exactly inline with what Morgan was hoping. Besides, the breakdown of order wasn't exactly the best for business. Some things would become more valuable but it was more likely they would loss out on a lot of opportunities. "I understand your high- I mean Thalia," he stumbled over his words remembering her request about formalities. "Connections huh? I suppose that explains my presence." he continued with a smirk.

Back