• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

a big 3 discussion its gonna be a crazy one

I believe Naruro characters low-diff in these categories. People that say ichigo is smarter due to being a doctor is a poor argument consider Sakura, Tsunade and Kabuto are also doctors in the Narutoverse and they're at the top of the list in their field. So not only do they have battle smarts, but they also have medical expertise that far exceed anything that Ichigo has shown.

Ichigo went to a Japanese university and was a top student in his Japanese high school per his ranking in his class on mid-terms and finals. He majored in English Literature as he was heavily into Shakespeare throughout Bleach in school.

He's easily the smartest in terms of raw intelligence among the HST protagonist.

In combat smarts, he just knows Karate above a black belt level, Naruto is more likely combat smart since he went to an academy solely for combat training as a child. Luffy pretty dumb, but he's a fighting savant, he's probably more clever in regards to utilizing his powers than Naruto, but I wouldn't say Luffy is combat smart.

However, regarding who is the smartest out of all the characters in the HST is most likely Urahara, he literally has preparations for the unknown in combat and on the fly strategy and ability creation to better suit his fights. The man literally prepares 1,000 "what-ifs scenarios" for whatever fight he finds himself to combat any possibility.

Can't really think of anyone in the HST is smarter in combat than that, I don't even think Aizen is close to Urahara in combat smart. I'd say runner-ups are probably Kakashi and Mayuri. Kakashi was instrumental in figuring out Pain's weaknesses and abilities while also deducing Tobi was Obito and his Sharingan ability all mid-fight. Mayuri is basically Urahara-lite in combat, every fight Mayuri is in is a combat intelligence feat with how he finds the flaws of his opponent's abilities and counters it with a device he made before or has on him.

But yeah, I'd say Urahara is first.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Ichigo went to a Japanese university and was a top student in his Japanese high school per his ranking in his class on mid-terms and finals. He majored in English Literature as he was heavily into Shakespeare throughout Bleach in school.

He's easily the smartest in terms of raw intelligence among the HST protagonist.
Naruto is the Hokage of his village, he deals with political and economics on a daily basis (he does have help as well), he's also helped in the advancement of the leaf village compared to what it was when he was younger. So i disagree and believe Naruto's raw intelligence is above ichigo.

The politics and economics for a world that isn't as advanced as our's, thus the intelligence needed isn't equal to the politics and economics as our's. Also, you don't need to be smart to be into politics and economics nor to run a village like Naruto. Just look at Donald Trump, dude is not smarter than my 15 year old brother. So this is a bad analogy.

Ichigo has an actual education, a very high formal education as well given he graduated from a Japanese university.

Isn't as advanced as ours is completely wrong. They have tech that completely outstrips our level. The only reason the don't have high travel based tech is because(as Kishi has stated) ninja do not need it. Thus the conclusion you draw is also completely wrong. I am not a Trumper or whatever you call them but I really doubt that lol.

Yeah and Naruto graduated from Ninja academy they teach more than just fighting there. Just look at the chunin exams that 11 year olds were meant to pass.

Tbh Naruto would is more advanced than ours already. The light novels have proven that.

Also I don't think the world's advance with technology has anything to do with the World's political stance.

^^Yep the light noevls gives them stuff like photon ray guns.

The Last movie has stuff like dimensional teleporting canons.

And the manga also has them growing arms out of cells. And creating fully functional humans. Naruto tech>>>>>our current tech. Its is just not going the same path that we do due to the existence of ninja.

deidara naruto sasuke and a few others definitley have a debate with kakashi for combat intelligence

I mean tbf we do currently have photon ray guns (i.e.: lasers) as weapons. They're just suuuuper impractical and you're better off just...shooting or shanking.

The real cal howard said:
I mean tbf we do currently have photon ray guns (i.e.: lasers) as weapons. They're just suuuuper impractical and you're better off just...shooting or shanking.
ok photon pistols.

Lop222 said:
What about black zetsu guys?? for me its a tie between Aizen and black zetsu
Yeah, BZ long-term game makes Kisuke look like a joke by comparison, but this is combat-smart specifically so I left him out and rank Mayuri above Kisuke.

Even so if we look at all the characters collectively Naruto looks to win by a considerable margin. A few characters on Bleach raise the curve but not enough. One piece is better than hack and slash but its not exactly Naruto worthy yet. It shnes more on large scale tactics which is more appropiate given the story is focused on groups VS individuals.

Dr.Fix said:
Lop222 said:
What about black zetsu guys?? for me its a tie between Aizen and black zetsu
Yeah, BZ long-term game makes Kisuke look like a joke by comparison, but this is combat-smart specifically so I left him out and rank Mayuri above Kisuke.
Even so if we look at all the characters collectively Naruto looks to win by a considerable margin. A few characters on Bleach raise the curve but not enough. One piece is better than hack and slash but its not exactly Naruto worthy yet. It shnes more on large scale tactics which is more appropiate given the story is focused on groups VS individuals.
If kisuke can already come up with 1k posibilities on the moment give him the same time as BZ and he will do a "all of this i predicted around 100k years ago" and make a better plan than BZ.

Aizen fooled the Soul Society for 100s of years in plain sight and orchestrated the existence of the main character for his pleasure...He's stated Kisuke > Him if not for his overwhelming power advantage.

kabuto and other edo users only need a bit of dna to bring a soul back from the afterlife, thats pretty smart lmao

i thought it was he goes into battle with 1k outcomes prepared not that he thinks of it mid battle

combat intelligence: narutoverse by far

booksmarts: bleachverse/narutoverse ((not going down to a character but people there have been many showcases of scientific advancements in Narutoverse that put them even passed people IRL))

OP pretty much falls hard behind in this debate

as for the quote about 1,000 what-if's, pretty much any person in combat should know this kind of behavior. It's all hype. Ninjas and Shinigami have showcased a lot of different ways to approach battles but between the two you will see a lot more mechanical and scientific breakdowns in the Narutoverse. ((I bet you can find hours of Naruto logic breakdowns just going on and on about strategies within combat versus people mindleslly babbling to progress the plot))

Urahara, Aizen, and Mayuri probably put Bleach above everyone else here. I don't even have to explain it to anyone, but these guys are literally masterminds. Urahara just plans out everything. Aizen is already carrying out his plan (and everything you do is part of it lol) and Mayuri always comes prepped for a powerful enemy (even Askin didn't want to fight him). Naruto does have Orochimaru, Shikamaru, and a few others (there are some shinobi who can be considered geniuses since they were prodigies like Madara or Hashirama or even Kakashi and Itachi). Shikamaru has a really high IQ and displays an impressive strategic approach in all of his fights. One Piece is being downplayed as usual, but doesn't have anyone individually on the level of Urahara or Aizen. My examples of geniuses in OP (Vegapunk, Usopp, Law, Nico Robin, etc.) But One Piece doesn't really have strategic fights, so they can't be measured in that regard. But they have crazy advancements, the Sea Train, Pacifistas, Ships like Thriller Bark or Thousand Sunny, devices that can control weather (which Usopp somehow made), dials, and don't forget the moon stuff and Enel's Maxim.

Overall Bleach has the highest intelligence, but to be fair, their cast lives in a more modern world and has access to more technology. One Piece and Naruto both take place in worlds that aren't completely developed yet, though both sometimes do display technology beyond our modern day world.

Overall Bleach has the highest intelligence, but to be fair, their cast lives in a more modern world and has access to more technology. One Piece and Naruto both take place in worlds that aren't completely developed yet, though both sometimes do display technology beyond our modern day world.

I'm not sure if you finished Shippuden or even caught up to Boruto but..

Narutoverse via science has:

life manipulation and necromancy ((clone, rebirth, and reincarnate people)) ((mitsuki, kawaki and edo tensei))

lightsabers

jetpacks, cyborgs, miniguns, teleport panels, rail guns, super trains etc.

store jutsu in USB like scrolls

and thats ONLY on science without technology.

With ninjutsu ninjas have figured out how to manipulate space and time, calculated how to replicate the procedure of molecules forming to create an atomic bomb and use it at a smaller scale, aerodynamics etc.

A lot of the top ninja study science and utilize it with their ninjutsu techniques both go hand in hand.

Aizen's manipulation of people and use of illusionary techniques is just being a sociopath and having genjutsu. Being a sociopath isn't uncommon, and then in the Narutoverse illusionary techniques of similarity or high calibres are used all the time. Within their own verse by intelligence Bleach hasn't gone very far unless strictly using magic.

The Narutoverse in present time literally is beyond Earth's own technology by a long shot, meanwhile the Bleachverse is stuck in the 90s to Early 2000s.

??? Stuck in the 90s to 2000s? I guess dimensional portal, sensors that pick up stuff across the multiverse, artificial souls, artificial bodies that function exactly like human bodies unless customised, the same but inflatable balloon versions, gloves that shred apart atoms, wish granting devices, controlling the flow of entire space times, auto defense swords, robotic limbs with a bunch of other stuff in it, serums that regrow whole limbs, serums that turn people into sentient slime, serums that are basically Izanagi, tattoos that seal away people's strength, subatomic robots that can relay info from another space time etc are all available in the early 2000s.

AnonymousBlank said:
??? Stuck in the 90s to 2000s? I guess dimensional portal, sensors that pick up stuff across the multiverse, artificial souls, artificial bodies that function exactly like human bodies unless customised, the same but inflatable balloon versions, gloves that shred apart atoms, wish granting devices, controlling the flow of entire space times, auto defense swords, robotic limbs with a bunch of other stuff in it, serums that regrow whole limbs, serums that turn people into sentient slime, serums that are basically Izanagi, tattoos that seal away people's strength, subatomic robots that can relay info from another space time etc are all available in the early 2000s.
Good ol 2004.

In some ways these verses are stuck in the 90s-2000s because they are what people of that era would imagine the future to be like so no smartphones, apps etc.

Tbf Bleach actually is in that time period, it's just that certain groups have access to tech far beyond what's common. WoL is clearly at the early 2000s while the Western Branch has elevators to other dimensions or smth, Rukongai looks like it's something out of Dororo (the occasional Hollows that pop up really support this lol) but then the Gotei 13 has the SRDI, Hueco Mundo is Tatooine but at night where it seems to be the most barren place with nothing but monsters for the most part but then you find things like Las Noches/Mos Eisley with their outlandish super structures and hi tech stuff.

What I'm trying to say is that they were written in 90s-2000s. So they are what people of that era would have imagined the future to be.

In actual combat smarts, Naruto does indeed take this. Their techniques and therefore fights are in general more geared for this and I always appreciated Kishimoto understood this and abused this. Clones and transformation jutsu is always a nutty, simple combo. After that One Piece I think trumps just in general intelligence of finding ways to use their powers - sprouting clones that can transform into nearly whatever has some pretty obvious applications even if effectively using them would be hard, being made out of rubber and using it for long range attacks, mobility, speed and power amps... that's ******* creative.

In just general intelligence, however, Bleach outstrips hilariously by the actions of Mayuri/Aizen/Urahara. Mayuri literally creates a drug that sends your mind back in time if you kill him, and if you go back enough times you are instantly incapacitated. This is just something he was working on, along with the other million things he was working on, just because, while the whole Wandenreich fiasco was happening, among other things.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
In just general intelligence, however, Bleach outstrips hilariously by the actions of Mayuri/Aizen/Urahara. Mayuri literally creates a drug that sends your mind back in time if you kill him, and if you go back enough times you are instantly incapacitated. This is just something he was working on, along with the other million things he was working on, just because, while the whole Wandenreich fiasco was happening, among other things.
We just gonna forget when Itachi put Kabuto in a genjutsu that would infinitely loop him losing in a fight w/ different things changing each time until Kabuto came to the realization that he actually ****** up? :flushed:

I'm still standing w/ the technologic advances, and usage of intelligence in the Narutoverse being better than the Bleachverse until proven otherwise. There must be HARD feats of intelligence to come to a good result.

Medicine and mechanical Narutoverse has it all.

Teleportation, Manipulation of Life, Robotics etc.

Back