• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

a big 3 discussion its gonna be a crazy one

which verse in the big 3 has the smartest characters in combat, no outside inventions like mayrui orochimaru vegapunk etc, strictly from a combat standpoint

anime/manga feats only

If the above is true, then Urahara would outsmart with prep a lot of Naruto dudes, but this verse is overall better suited for Smart combat.

The rest of the Bleach cast doesn't rely on strategy that much, and One Piece doesn't have a fighter as smart as the likes of Orochimaru or Urahara.

The real cal howard said:
You're gonna get the same stuff as always. Earl will always claim Ikki and Rakudai as a whole are the best. Yujiro Hanma, Sasaki, and Fugil Arcadia will be the followups. It's a tale as old as time.
who earl

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Well Kisuke comes into battle with a 1,000 scenario's prepared for.
N4MUZWp
what was his beat strategy in combat, i wasnt really looking to count something like this or shikamaru and kakashi planning on how to deal with the immortal duo

Not sure how to respond to you, Urahara is a scientist and was regarded by Yhwach as one of the most dangerous due to his intelligence alone. He doesn't really get in many battles.

He can create kido spells on the fly, Aizen admits Kisuke would have won if not for the hogyoku he had due to intelligence alone being greater than his own.

Kisuke (Extraordinary Genius) > Aizen (Extraordianry Genius) > Mayuri (Extraordianry Genius)

i dont remember much in combat feats from orochimaru where as i remember law had some good tricks vs doffy

Yes, but his trickery is easy to avoid if you're aware of it. Doffy demonstrated that himself when he stopped Law's powers were easily avoidable by taking the right action.

His level of rational thought is nowhere near Naruto levels of smart. These guys think about measures and counter measures against the counter measure. Look at Kid Naruto fooling Zabuza or Sage Naruto beating the Pains with intelligent moves rather than throwing Bijuu Damas everywhere.

^true to counter pains linked vision he threw a smoke bomb on the floor, threw a rasen shuriken out of it that was really a clone to tackle pain and cover his eyes, threw another RS that pain had to almighty push while the real naruto leaped in the sky to attack the reviving pain from above, thats kinda nuts lol

Exactly.

Ironically, I think Naruto has the best intelligence feats even at a young age.

Ichigo and Luffy can't compete with him on that field.

Imo , in raw intelligence, i think Bleach have multiple characthers who are far above anyone else in the HST .

But in terms of battle smart then Urahara and Kyoraku have the best feats in bleach. How they compare to the others two members of the HST is up to debate .

TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
isnt ichigo like really smart? or was that just in school?
yeah , in raw intelligence he is the best out the three protag of the HST who are really dumb in comparison, but he rarely apply it to his battle .

Sengoku is smart, but he hasn't demonstrated anything but war tactics and strategy. If reduced to 1 v 1 he has no intelligence feats.

Even Luffy has shown to be battle smarter than him.

Ichigo is academically smart, but when it comes to fights he never uses that to gain advantage. He either overpower or blitzes his opponent until he doesn't move anymore.

Benn Beckman was considered by Oda as the smartest character in East Blue (or something like that, I don't remember tbh).

Yes, back when East Blue was the only saga in One Piece to date. He's probably nowhere near Top 10.

Doesn't account what we're looking for here.

The Calaca said:
Ichigo is academically smart, but when it comes to fights he never uses that to gain advantage. He either overpower or blitzes his opponent until he doesn't move anymore.
It's more he doesn't have abilities that would allow him to do much more than that .

That and his lack of drive to train unless absolutly neccesary .

Mayuri probably beats even Kisuke in terms on the fly thinking. He had no daten on Pernida but kept up with its evolving tactics till the end.

Other than a few top players though, Bleach is mostly hack and slash with some hax thrown in. Most Naruto characters ar at least fairly intelligent with a few geniuses in their camp as well so overall I think it is smarter even if Mayrui/Kisuke/Maybe Aizen are above them all.

Not sure how to quantify One Piece. Haven't seen Benn or Vega in action yet.

When it comes to mid combat and on the fly strategies I believe Naruto characters are at the top. People like Minato(figuring out Kamui after 1 witnessing of it's ability), Shikamaru( just altogether and I believe he was given an IQ of 200?), Kakashi, Sasuke(just alltogether when he is not going crazy at least), Danzo(Using his summon to create a vaccum so that his attacks can eventually break through Sasuke's susanoo), Itachi (both in combat and overall prepping), Konan(trying to best Kamui, could not prep for reality warping though) and Paradoxically Naruto. There are a few more like randoms that just show strategic plannign out of nowhere because that is just how Naruto works.

So I dont think that the top genuis' of Bleach are that far ahead of Naruto's I just think that the verses work differently thus specific things are possible in each verse. For example Mayuri was struggling to create life but he has some stuf that completel outdo Orochimaru, yet Orochimaru created Mitsuki(and his other clone brothers) with next to 0 issues apart from making him have sage mode which he figured out eventually. People consistently improve of each other.

People like Tobirama inventing a teleportation jutsu, a jutsu that allows you to revive the dead, a jutsu that allows you to clone yourself and more. And then other improve on it, like Minato and Orochimaru and Kabuto. Speaking of which Kabuto is another genius.

Thus for me its like Bleach = Naruto > One Piece, though I just hit the OP timeskip so might have my mind changed.

Ah yeah, Gaara, Deidara, Lady Chiyo and much more, honestly Naruto verse is just filled with smart characters. Its easy to forget.

Edit: Just so that I mention her, Tsunade as well despite being a brute type character is extremely smart medically.

IMHO I belibe Urashiki is currently in the smartest person from Naruto/Boruto, besides him missing the intellectual skills for science which he has never showcased.

Urashiki has literally outsmarted the whole lead village which included Shikamaru who got fooled by his plans.

Also Urashiki uses his time being alive for thousands of years to his advantage to supplement his knowledge of events.

speaking of kimmimaro

shikamaru vs tayuya and neji vs kidomaru were great showing of intelligence

Back