• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Brackets | Round 9

Crimson_Azoth

VS Battles
Retired
Petervshomer
The quarter-finals begin! Which of these two can book their place in the semis?

Current Standings: https://challonge.com/dvuvfz7p

The contestants for this match are Part of You, submitted by Jackythejack, and Alec Trevelya, submitted by TheAresenal1212

Speed is unequalised, Alec has access to all his weapons, the battle takes place at the top of the mountain in Celeste

Alec backscales from 515 kilojoules, Part of You is calcless, but has these feats

Part of You: 1 (Jacky)

Alec Trevelya: 3 (Arsenal, Litentric, Cinnabar)

Incon: 0

Badeline
IMG 1907

AKA Jacky vs. Arsenal.

Soooo...the main reason why I think PoY wins is that because it's something Trevelyan hasn't any experience with. Teleportation, duplication and the ability to make him more anxious and jittery could do him in.

I'm not saying it'd be easy by any means. In fact I'd say this is pretty high difficulty, but considering she could teleport around (which she likely would given...gun) and mess with his head she likely takes it. It'd just be too surprising for Trevelyan to handle.

Of course I'll wait for a rebuttal, obviously

I don't exactly disagree with the above. But, Alec also has faster reactions, meaning he should be able to react to her teleporting.

I do agree that Alec having not dealt with anything particularly supernatural is a problem, but as a spy, I'm fairly certain his mind is pretty tough and would be able to handle the psychological attacks in time. And, since his durability is higher than her AP, he should have the time to actually be able to adjust to this.

Part of You is going to have to put in no effort since she has not ranged attacks. And he can react faster than she can when she comes out of her teleportation.

Only issue is that Alec wouldn't know who to shoot because of her clones. But unless she's making more than, like seven or eight, they'll all likely to get shot since he totes around a machine gun.

I understand the AP advantage and all that but I still don't think that is going to be enough when she can move around him pretty easily. Also, uh...gotta say...

This looks like more than extended melee range

Also this

Hope that those links work, but she does seem to have ranged attacks. Just kinda wanna get this out of the way now. Also while he can resist them somewhat he likely can't completely. He's likely going to get at least a little jittery after a bit of PoY just going around him and spawning duplicates

This is actually pretty close and I can see either winning because they both hold advantages over the other, if it ends up as an Alec loss so be it because it is fairly close

But Alec should take it. Alec may have zero experience against teleportation, but he has better reaction speed, coupled with decades of experience as a spy and being as good as Bond he knows to keep his cool and act accordingly. Flight gets immediately canceled out by Alec's marksmanship, he can dodge most if not all of PoY's attacks and then shoot at her with near perfect accuracy. Teleportation makes it closer but when Alec who is considered one of the best 00 agents of all time before he turned evil has better reaction speed, loads more experience and being incredibly skilled he should get over the line in a close match. So yeah I'm vote Alec via experience, better reaction speed and is the abilities he's gained from being a 00 agent

I still think that PoY is more versatile and able to screw up Alec's concentration, however. Duplicates screw him up and with her flying around it'd still be difficult because, for all he knows, he still has two more PoYs to deal with.

Also I mean if she sees a bullet coming at her just like teleport around like a total spaz to make yourself a hard target.

True, which is why I think it's close. Except Alec an a 00 agent has seen just as much craziness as Bond has, so while it may confuse him for a bit, I doubt this will knock of the concentration of a former world classspy. Plus yeah she can teleport around but she isn't really gonna hit him when his reaction speeds is much better and really it's only a matter of time before Alec shoots all the clones or figures out that she is gonna teleport around and just wait for the time to hit her. He isn't gonna freak out, he'll remain calm like he has been trained to do., this isn't some random with a gun

I'm also going to vote for Alec.

But, honestly, the main reason he takes it is because he has a decent deal higher dura than PoY's AP. Meaning that, amidst the human sized energy spheres she can spits out, the lasers, teleportation, and duplications, he can tank more than she can even with his emotions being messed with. And he has better range, and better reactions by a good amount. Alec has baseline supersonic reactions while PoY has superhuman reactions. That should be over time times worth of advantage. While running doesn't help as they have the same travel speed, Alec can easily react to most things. PoY's passive empathic manip is the main reason why she can land attacks here.

But each of Alec's bullets will practically two or three shot here. One shot her if its a headshot (though this is less likely due to the passive empathic manip). But I find it more likely that Alec, having a machine gun, mows down all of the PoY's after taking some hits than PoY overcoming the AP vs dura advantage before he does.

Edit: Note that his attack speed is similar to his reaction speed. So PoY teleporting in response doesn't guarantee she'll do it in time since her reaction speed is lower.

^ That

Plus I don't even think emotional manipulation will work here considering he's pretty ruthless. I mean him and James were almost best friends and he didn't hesitate betraying him.

But yeah. Alec via better reaction speed, experience, spy training and what I and Teon said earlier

I mean, Alec has no resistance. So it'll work. It might be less effective, but it'll do a good deal more than nothing. He's not resistant to supernatural stuffs.

Honestly those feats of hers really need to be calced. I mean it's definitrly not baseline I wouldn't think. Definitely close that AP gap

I mean, you should calc the feat. Speed, dura, and AP are the main reasons I think Alec can win this. Because he can hang on in the beginning of the fight without taking a terrible much damage. But if her AP is even a fourth of his, I think he'll likely take too much damage in the beginning from having encountered something he hasn't before. Especially since her energy spheres are seemingly human sized based on that video (though that girl does appear a bit short).

Oh yeah I didn't think he would have total immunity, I just thought in theory in might not work but yeah I'm not giving him that

Even when the AP gap is closed this should be an Alec win albeit even closer

Meh. In the beginning Alec is going to be completely overwhelmed. No resistance to empathic manip. Duplicates spamming energy from their hands that are large enough that it'll make dodging more difficult than it has to be. Teleportation among her and all her duplicates. Alec won't know what is going on, and he's going to suffer a lot of hits because of it. Especially since the duplicates can likely attack at the same time, minimizing his speed advantage.

Maybe I'll take a look at the feat. I'm not the be person to calc things, but I've done a few before.

Well even if the AP is closer, he still has better reaction speed. So even if he got caught off guard the first few times, he still is able to react to them. So even then it wouldn't make too much of a difference. Unless it hit him but heaps better reaction speed deals with that before that even happens

But anyway, as it stands now Alec takes a solid victory so far

Again though at first Alec may get confused sure but he's quicker which means he won't really get overwhelmed by blasts if they're moving too slow and he can react to him

I mean it doesn't say. It says she's 19 or older but it also states she's short so...I dunno I can keep looking

Also Arsenal, I just gotta ask you since you seem to be very in to the Bond franchise, but have you ever seen this video before? (I imagine you have just since it's been out for awhile but I'm just asking.)

I have Yes and it's one of my absolute favourite ERB's hahahha

Bond's second verse is ok but he's first and he's lines with Connery Bond are amazing hahaha

It'll definitely take pixel scaling.

I mean, as intelligent as Alec is, he has literally 0 experience against someone like PoY. He'll be confused in the beginning, and that passive empathic manip will only heavily amplify this feeling in addition to adding on what said empathic manip does. Resulting in Alec being especially vulnerable at the beginning of the fight. And taking advantage of that vulnerability is pretty simple since her empathic manip is passive and she can just launch out attacks as she will.

But my vote stays with Alec regardless, at least until we get PoY's AP sorted out.

Also guys, you know Alec can also take the first move and immediately start shooting at her with perfect accuracy and better speeds? I mean if PoY goes first then Alec has the speed to not be too overwhelmed and act accordingly but if he moves first while it's still close and she can win, he can just unload on her with bullets. She'd teleport away catching him off guard and get a shot in but it would never be enough to kill him and Alec then knows to watch out for it. She can win but Alec seems to skilled and to fast for her to handle

"These Initials aren't big enough for the 3 of us." That line killed me when I first heard it.

Seriously tho, there's 3 secret agents with the initials JB, what's up with that?

I mean, I doubt he's going to be shooting properly when he'll be having a panic attack the moment the battle starts. He'll be able to overcome it, but it's not like it'll be easy. And it'll be plaguing him the whole fight.

Though, I should be able to calc the feat. But I have to do a lab report, lol.

CinnabarManx421 said:
"These Initials aren't big enough for the 3 of us." That line killed me when I first heard it.

Seriously tho, there's 3 secret agents with the initials JB, what's up with that?
It's almost as though it's too coincidental... hahaha

Ah, damn, alright.

the only problem is that calc May be higher than 9-B not sure, if not then really far into it

Back