• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Brackets | Round 13

@Arsenal

Fair enough. But if Assefa can dodge, he will. Like, the moment he sees the machine gun, he'll likely already be sprinting with his gun in hand for cover.

@Jacky

Depends on how fast Alec runs out of bullets. But also keep in mind that during that feat, Assefa was literally cutting himself to remove the bullet from his body as it didn't pass clean through. A bullet passing clean through would take much less time to regen from.

Even then if he's durable enough you can even argue the bullets wouldn't go through him entirely either way. Though I see your point. I enjoy your argument and I admire the work put in I just see a flaw and am pointing it out.

It all basically just relies on one shot, and Alec can make that shot

Yes but Alec holds an AP advantage which means even if he gets shot, he'll more than likely shoot him back which will do more damage. If he tries to regen from a shot this powerful or from a machine gun, Alec finishes him the second he does so. Hiding for cover is great and so is being super stealthy but Alec is a former spy. That is nothing new to him, he won't give Assefa the time to regen

It might also matter on their starting distance.

I mean, even if Assefa is shot, it's a machine gun. And there's cover all around. He'll go to find cover. Transform into a Mngwa to expedite his statistics, including the speed of his regen. Like, it's been shown that regening as a Mngwa vs a human can be the difference between life and death.

Yeah, but Alec possesses no supernatural senses. And I've already provide an example of how ridiculously stealth Assefa is. Literally following someone into their office from outside the building. And even closing the door without them so much as flinching. So there's a pretty solid chance that once Assefa gets cover, he knows that he can't regen from being continuously being shot in human form in particular, so he'll resort to sneaking. (And yes, his stealth actually does get better as a Mngwa).

Plus, the Mngwa's tough coat has actually been shown to be able to tank more attacks than what one should think. Similar to scales, hardened skin, blubber making many preternatural harder to injure, Assefa's coat in no exception.

While that's good an all, it's not like Alec is gonna stay out in the open while Assefa goes into cover. Assefa has amazing stealth feats except that's him going somewhere he needed to go not finding someone also in cover with amazing stealth. Alec made it into a high guarded facility with ease. The second he gets shot, he's gonna go for cover and Alec isn't gonna just stand there. Even with that hide Alec still has AP advantage so he should be find fending it off and with similar skill, Alec should be able to get across the line

I guess I disagree. I'm sure Alec has amazing stealth feats, but I highly doubt it's only the level of being right behind someone and they can't hear you breath, smell your cologne, or even feel your presence. Assefa's stealth is supernatural, which is something that Alec cannot replicate.

And once Assefa finds cover, while it's true that Alec won't just stand there (much like guy from my example, he walked around as well), he doesn't have any particular reason to know Assefa is sneaking up on him unless he just happens to see him. Being a spy doesn't give him supernatural senses, which are required to know that Assefa is coming when Assefa decides to sneak up on someone.

I also think you're underestimating the hide. Aside from his regen being significantly faster, the hide is especially potent against piercing weapons, a category that bullets fall into. Plus, he gets faster in Mngwa form, and has the potential to sprint from one place to the next, with minimal damage should Alec decide to shoot at Assefa as he transition from one place of cover to the next, assuming Alec sees him of course.

Also, Alec doesn't have unlimited bullets. And taking Assefa down involves spamming them. And spamming them isn't guaranteed to take him down. Like, if he aims for the head, and Assefa starts sprinting for cover, and then transforms into a Mngwa, suddenly many the shots that were going to hit him are now sailing over his head, and Assefa is now physically faster, with faster regen to boot.

Except Alec will be on the lookout for Assefa since he would see Assefa taking cover. He will have a big reason to know Assefa is following him too because if he sees Assefa has moved and was previously shooting him he'll know to lookout for him. I know Assefa has better stealth but he still has to find him and Alec will always be on the lookout for him. Plus even if he does attack Alec in the car form, Alec holds an AP advantage physically as well so he can easily fend it off. Either Alec shoots him with higher AP so physically beats him with higher AP. Eventually he's gonna see the regen happening and know to kill Assefa quickly. It's gonna be a long drawn out fight but Alec has firearms which scale to his physical AP advantage meaning he holds an edge in both categories and if Assefa ever attack him he's gonna always be at a loss in most situations. Eventually Alec realises his regen is what is keeping him from coming back because he'll see he is doing loads of damage to him and will know that if the situation arises again to make sure he doesn't get the chance to regen.

So yeah I think Alec takes this but it's very close and I have huge respect for you

Speed is a good question. It's hard to give an exact number tbh. He's just faster and stronger cause he's in his cat form as opposed to his human form. I'd imagine it would be a similar difference in speed to a human vs an actual cat.

As far as his regen, best I can say is that he had to transform to be able to regen fast enough from something that would've killed him otherwise. So I'd say a fairly significant margin. Especially since part of the argument is "kill him faster than he can regen" when he regens faster in Mngwa form and has his coat to boot.

But the thing is, the cat attacks more physically and Alec still holds an advantage. If he wants to kill Alec he's gonna have to turn back into a human and use weapons or hope to get lucky somehow to chip down Alec's health without taking damage, both of which he's at a disadvantage

I mean, there's still stealth, his coat, his faster regen, faster body, Sanura's necklace, etc. I don't think it'll be difficult to either get Alec to waste his bullets, or for Assefa to sneak up on him fairly simply.

I mean, how fast does his regen activate/does it have a limit? Cause his regen seems to be reliant on a necklace and he could esily lose that during the battle.

Which is all great but none of his attacks are gonna do enough. He either gets shot out while he's a human or Alec physically beats the cat. Also Alec isn't an idiot, if the bullets aren't doing enough against the hide we won't keep shooting. Don't forget that's hes an extremely experienced and expert spy, even without previous experience against the supernatural, he won't keep shooting if it's not working and keep shooting if it does work. Either way Alec is always with an advantage. Plus it's unlikely he'll beat Alex as a cat so he'll have to become human again where he gets shot out

I think it was actually said somewhere that if a bullet pierces Assefa's brain then he can't regen from it, and considering how good a marksman Alec is, I think he can get the shot off.

Shooting a bunch with higher AP and in a shorter timeframe than one minute.

I'm telling ya, at the very least I'm bringing home bronze for this.

(I need to queue up either a Remember Connie video or victory video depending on how this goes lol.)

technically I voted for Assefa

but I'll switch to Alec

Alrighty then, guess were done here.

Though Crimson, could you hold off on the next round for like a half hour to 45 minutes-ish? I gotta go away from my computer for awhile here.

I'll post it, cause I've gotta leave soon for ~3 hours, but for obvious reasons, we won't move on till you get back

Awesome debate Lit. I have only the upmost respect for you, you're a good bloke. If you need any threads that need votes on just let me know

Back