• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soupy's Bracket Bowl: The Return! The Real Round 1!

Soupywolf5

They/Them
After accidentally shuffling the bracket throwing off all the future rounds, I've decided to simply reset and try again. So here we are! Round 1 for real! Our Champions are Part of You from Celeste submitted by GyroNutz, and Zamtrios from Monster Hunter submitted by 00potato

Speed is equalized, a Zamite is being used, the Champions start 50 meters away from each other

Part of You is 0.01161 Tons, Zamtrios is 0.00518 Tons

The current standings

Part of You: 7

Zamtrios: 1?

Inconclusive:

Part of Me seems better in just about every way.

More AP, duplication, better ranged options and being smaller making it easier to dodge.

Voting for her.

How is Part if You smaller? Zamite are still smaller then most people? If she gets hit once by Iceball she will be on a short timer due to Ice blight. The AP gap isn't massive and if close combat, she will get latched on to and most likely drained of fluids, which will also make fighting far harder. She has to do this with minimal damage or end this before Ice blight tires her out (It works wonders on the hunter's so it would tire her out quickly.)

From what I saw Zamite is way longer and about as tall as an adult.

Double AP and duplicates already give her a decisive advantage on top of that.

She also uses tentacle hair and flies so that's pretty difficult to latch on.

AP doesn't matter if she gets tired out or drained after getting hit once. Zamites vary in size, so which one is this?

00potato said:
AP doesn't matter if she gets tired out or drained after getting hit once. Zamites vary in size, so which one is this?
The strongest, so I'm guessing biggest, there is in the average members of the species.

And it does when she can easily not get hit and use duplicates to just quickly end the fight.

LIke, five people twice as strong as it hitting it relentlessly will kill it pretty quickly.

And she fights by throwing energy balls at the enemy from afar.

Buttersamuri said:
Yea. I thought the most she ever did was 4 though. Been a bit since I played the game, but tha what I recall
My bad.

But that plus throwing lasers and energy balls from afar puts the land shark in a bad position.

If Zamite is at his Largest the. he probably scales a fair bit above the freezing feat so the AP gap isn't that big. Do the clones have the same physiology as her?

Yea. I do agree. Having 4 characters twice as strong with ranger attack is gonna take him down quickly. Even taking down one would be difficult considering how this game is pretty pin point on them being able to react and dodging quickly. Assuming he even tags one, the others still overwhelm before the monster can hope to even turn to take down another

00potato said:
If Zamite is at his Largest the. he probably scales a fair bit above the freezing feat so the AP gap isn't that big. Do the clones have the same physiology as her?
They should yes

She doesn't seem to start with clones and the ranged attack has a bit of charge up so she is likely to get hit with ice blight when charging up.

If they both attack, her attack would overpower. She is twice as strong. Even if she didn't immediately go for the clones, her attacks seem much faster and stronger, flight and cloning will make her hard to put down and touch. So she is still far more likely to win

A little less since he scales a fair bit above the freezing. Her ranged attack has a fair bit a charge up so Ice blight or just a grapple will end it quickly. If she gets projectiled the fight will end before she can end him due to stamina loss as she can't recover her stamina. If Zamite bites her she will lose bodily fluids, which will impede her ability to fight and grow Zamite a bit.

Still overpowers his attacks and us faster than his attacks. Biting her isn't happening. Her flight and attacks will prevent that.

Her attacks have a longer charge up and the AP gap is still not a s big as you are treating it as he upscales a bit. He doesn't need to bite her, he can ice light when she charges, which ends the fight, he has less charge up and stamina draining projectiles.

The fact She is stronger means her attacks would beat his. If they both shoot attacks at each other, Hers would win via being stronger. He only upscales a small amount. Which isn't a game changer. She still is stronger. And no they don't. If we are considering him at his strongest, we aren't just gonna use her at her worst.

Why they clearly have a wind up in her fight and she doesn't have keys so the charged blast is just what is in character for her. The blast would still lose most of it's momentum on contact with the ice blight ball as the difference isn't that massive. The wind up in her first attacks would lead to her getting ice blighted and tired out.

Many of her arguments don't really hold up, she doesn't start with clones, The AP advantage is exaggerated as Zam scales a bit above, her starting attacks have wind up, which will get her to be iceblighted and become too exhausted to fight, Butter even brought up her attacks being faster, and speed is equalized.

I said she has faster activation attacks. Not faster attacks. And your also incorrect that the arguments don't hold up. We aren't considering her worst. She utilized clones a lot, and her lasers are stronger and activate faster.

And AP is Not exaggerated. He scales only a Bit Above Freezing humans. And we don't know to what degree exactly. But Part Of You still has about a 2 times AP and strength advantages. And my point still stands even if it's a bit stronger. Her attacks would still win via being stronger. If they both blast an attack, hers does more damage

We are considering what is in character though. Look here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XmIK88rS0N8 Her lazers don't start that quickly and some of them have a fair bit of wind up. She also just uses small, easily dodgable blasts. She does even use clones. He scales a fair bit above this feat as this is a prime Zamite at his strongest. She does Teleport frequently but only after getting hit, which with Iceblight will end the fight due to exhaustion. She also doesn't fly high above the ground meaning that Zam could hit her in Melee, and drain her, which helps him grow and heal.

That's because a games not gonna auto have them shooting max speed from point one. If we talk whats in character. She used clones a lot. And there is no reason she wouldn't try and dodge Zams attacks. She flys certainly too high for melee combat. They are normal sized humans and she has to use her boost in order to get high enough to hit her. So she is several meters high in the air when considering her best. There is no reason she would goof around or not go full against Zam as well. She want going full on with her first boss fight. We should consider how she attacked when not messing around which is a later boss fight.

I just showed that she doesn't use clones, she doesn't once in that fight. Also how was she goofing around there? Not one thing suggested that. Look at the actual evidence I showed, she was clearly flying in melee range.

She started with clones in the first fight. And quick clarification, she makes four other duplicates, so there'd be five of her attacking.

Back