• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Semifinals: Solid Snake vs Optimus Prime (2007 DS Game)

Completely prevent him from moving (Yellow stuff flickering through the air means the chaff was active and thrown). A chaff grenade is an electronic attack device that deploys countless metal strips along with an active jammer to temporarily disable basically any kind of machinery. It's got a huge area of effect, hard to tell how much it lasts since the guy constantly pauses but it's more than 10 seconds.

Also the gap is only vaguely above a stomp, attacking weaker spots would allow him to inflict damage. Come to think of it, could I see the scans for the scaling? Mostly the one-shots and that kinda stuff.

Completely prevent him from moving (Yellow stuff flickering through the air means the thing is active). A chaff grenade is an electronic attack device that deploys countless metal strips along with an active jammer to temporarily disable basically any kind of machinery. It's got a huge area of effect.

Also the gap is only vaguely above a stomp, attacking weaker spots would allow him to inflict damage. Come to think of it, could I see the scans for the scaling? Mostly the one-shots and that kinda stuff.
That didn't look impressive at all, It stopped the robot for like 3 seconds before it was able to start firing missiles again, that shouldn't stop optimus for long.

Nah not really, Optimus prime one shots someone who one shots someone who can stomp groups of 34 tonners, and snake isn't even 34 tons himself. And again mid low would also help with that, And idk I dont keep ss of the 2007 ds Game, this is what I've just been told. Cinder or shady boi most likely has the scans though

And does he even use these In character? since the footage you sent me is someone playing the game instead of a cutscene or smth

Nah not really, Optimus prime one shots someone who one shots someone who can stomp groups of 34 tonners, and snake isn't even 34 tons himself. And again mid low would also help with that, And idk I dont keep ss of the 2007 ds Game, this is what I've just been told. Cinder or shady boi most likely has the scans though
yeah i'd like to see those if possible.
And does he even use these In character? since the footage you sent me is someone playing the game instead of a cutscene or smth
no real indication of his in-character combat tactic against giant robots but he knows they were really useful against REX so pretty likely to use them

All the time, hell in some cases not using them is the unintended way (like the staircase full of guns).

But yeah, Snake uses them all the time, and if he doesn't, Otacon tends to pop in tells him to instead, plus it's Snake, he uses everything he has at his disposal, would be a shitty "find and use" soldier if he didn't.

I'm confused, Armor said we have no real indication of what he does in character, and Chariot said he uses them all the time. But even then cant prime just dodge? There's still the problem of the gap in AP between them, I've been told optimus one shots someone who stomp groups of 34 tonners, and snake ain't even 34 tons himself. he also has mid-low which for machines is regenerating large dents and openings, although idk if snake is doing even that due to the AP Gap. And once prime even lands a single hit he's done for

I'm confused, Armor said we have no real indication of what he does in character, and Chariot said he uses them all the time.
I forgot that MGS1 requires you to use them a bunch of times. But yeah he'd unquestionably use them against a big robot I wasn't disagreeing with them
But even then cant prime just dodge?
Huge ******' AOE. Like, they cover the whole room.
There's still the problem of the gap in AP between them, I've been told optimus one shots someone who stomp groups of 34 tonners, and snake ain't even 34 tons himself.
Which is why I want to see those scans. Also, piercing damage is a thing.
he also has mid-low which for machines is regenerating large dents and openings, although idk if snake is doing even that due to the AP Gap. And once prime even lands a single hit he's done for
With Snake's sheer willpower he can truck past injuries that would normally be lethal, plus he's pretty hard to hit.

We don't know 100% how he acts in every situation, sure but that's because it's always different, he has to acquire his tech on the field as part of his stealth missions (Points this out himself even in 4) as he's only given the minimum, sometimes he has things, sometimes he doesn't. He uses chaff grenades to disable enemy equipment, jam tech and the like, he uses them when it makes sense and is suitable, such as to disable cameras, mech or radar. This goes for everything, obviously he doesn't whip out RPG's for normal grunts, they're loud, unneeded, will alert others and so on, thus he'd use CQC, silence weapons or not engage at all. It's less "what's in character" and more "what does the situation call for" type of dude. Though as the games go on he seems to become a bit adverse to killing for what that's worth and opts for nonlethal takedowns where he can such as CQC or tranq where he can (assuming he engages at all, as his specialty is stealth).

But even then cant prime just dodge?

idk they have some big AOE (Definitely tens of meters, they could cover the whole hangar so it must be like at least 50m+, best place to check would be 4 or 5 for a maximum AOE given how those games function but finding footage of that is tough, if need be I'll dig tho).

A̵l̵s̵o̵ ̵c̵h̵a̵f̵f̵s̵ ̵l̵a̵s̵t̵ ̵l̵i̵k̵e̵ ̵3̵0̵ ̵s̵e̵c̵o̵n̵d̵s̵ ̵i̵n̵ ̵M̵G̵S̵2̵.̵

I forgot that MGS1 requires you to use them a bunch of times. But yeah he'd unquestionably use them against a big robot I wasn't disagreeing with them

Huge ******' AOE. Like, they cover the whole room.

Which is why I want to see those scans. Also, piercing damage is a thing.

With Snake's sheer willpower he can truck past injuries that would normally be lethal, plus he's pretty hard to hit.
Ah alr

I do too, Also idk how piercing damage works other than that they usually deal more damage, but idk if it can cover that big of a gap

Idk if that really matters, prime hitting him doesn't just mean injuries, its one shotting him
We don't know 100% how he acts in every situation, sure but that's because it's always different, he has to acquire his tech on the field as part of his stealth missions (Points this out himself even in 4) as he's only given the minimum, sometimes he has things, sometimes he doesn't. He uses chaff grenades to disable enemy equipment, jam tech and the like, he uses them when it makes sense and is suitable, such as to disable cameras, mech or radar. This goes for everything, obviously he doesn't whip out RPG's for normal grunts, they're loud, unneeded, will alert others and so on, thus he'd use CQC, silence weapons or not engage at all. It's less "what's in character" and more "what does the situation call for" type of dude. Though as the games go on he seems to become a bit adverse to killing for what that's worth and opts for nonlethal takedowns where he can such as CQC or tranq where he can (assuming he engages at all, as his specialty is stealth).

idk they have some big AOE (Definitely tens of meters, they could cover the whole hangar so it must be like at least 50m+, best place to check would be 4 or 5 for a maximum AOE given how those games function but finding footage of that is tough, if need be I'll dig tho).
Icic. if its tens of meters than yeah idk how prime can dodge it, but There should still be a window for him to hit snake I feel like, maybe whilst the snake is hitting him

I do too, Also idk how piercing damage works other than that they usually deal more damage, but idk if it can cover that big of a gap
Me neither tbh, it's a mess
Idk if that really matters, prime hitting him doesn't just mean injuries, its one shotting him
He survived a heat tunnel that was gonna basically melt him through sheer willpower. Not saying he can live through anything but like, a bunch of broken ribs from a kick to the chest ain't enough to do him in.
Icic. if its tens of meters than yeah idk how prime can dodge it, but There should still be a window for him to hit snake I feel like, maybe whilst the snake is hitting him
Probably, I mean eventually he'll run out of Chaff anyway although Snake can just use one of them to go into hiding.

Me neither tbh, it's a mess

He survived a heat tunnel that was gonna basically melt him through sheer willpower. Not saying he can live through anything but like, a bunch of broken ribs from a kick to the chest ain't enough to do him in.

Probably, I mean eventually he'll run out of Chaff anyway although Snake can just use one of them to go into hiding.
That's an insane feat fosho but prime is just wayy too strong, At best I'd say that his willpower will require prime to hit him 3 - 5 times.

Once he runs out of chaff he can't really do anything anymore unless he has some other Nice equipment that'll be useful against prime

He survived a heat tunnel that was gonna basically melt him through sheer willpower.
While having a seizure and suffering from a condition where he shouldn't even be able to stand and should've died like a week ago.
Old Snake is badass as ****.
A̵l̵s̵o̵ ̵t̵h̵a̵t̵ ̵p̵r̵o̵b̵a̵b̵l̵y̵ ̵g̵a̵v̵e̵ ̵h̵i̵m̵ ̵s̵u̵p̵e̵r̵ ̵c̵a̵n̵c̵e̵r̵ ̵t̵o̵o̵.̵

That's an insane feat fosho but prime is just wayy too strong, At best I'd say that his willpower will require prime to hit him 3 - 5 times.
I mean I can't see Optimus easily hitting such an evasive and small target so much
Once he runs out of chaff he can't really do anything anymore unless he has some other Nice equipment that'll be useful against prime
I mean he can also become invisible at will though it drains his stamina. Snake has plenty of ways to drag out the fight, issue is if he can actually kill Optimus.

I mean I can't see Optimus easily hitting such an evasive and small target so much

I mean he can also become invisible at will though it drains his stamina. Snake has plenty of ways to drag out the fight, issue is if he can actually kill Optimus.
I mean optimus is acrobatic too, but yeah snake will probs be able to dodge easily, but eventually I see prime landing a hit.

How much does it drain his stamina?

My mistake, it's the Spider camo that drains stamina in MGS3. Stealth camo doesn't do that but Snake's footsteps can still be heard and he still has a bit of a translucent aura around him so he can't stand in front of someone without being spotted, although that might be game mechanics idk. Pretty busted

Prime has enhanced senses on his profile, Idk how potent it is tho since enhanced senses is vague. I can also see prime just firing at the direction where he hears the footsteps from, I'd assume snake would be a little more open if he's invisible which prime can capitalize on, and he should have pretty decent Area of effect since he has a grenade launcher

Snake does sneak past people with enhanced senses all the time, and obviously knows to conceal the one weakness of his suit. Honestly I really thought the camo suit had some kind of weakness beyond that, will investigate a little more.

Snake does sneak past people with enhanced senses all the time, and obviously knows to conceal the one weakness of his suit. Honestly I really thought the camo suit had some kind of weakness beyond that, will investigate a little more.
I mean even then, Optimus would be able to hear his footsteps an just fire at that direction. even if his enhanced senses doesn't work

Snake is like, the best stealth expert in a world full of them. I think he knows how to walk quietly.

I thought the footsteps thing was a specific weakness of the suit, my bad. So if snake just starts with that then idk how prime is hitting him

Yeah me neither lol, I've asked some people if it has any weaknesses beyond that

This granades are very good and are enough to give time to snake hide, Optimus could just bomb every thing aroud him to find snake but I don't know if he would do It in character

I am very confused
What I understood

1- Snake will most likely use that granades that paralize eletronic machines like optimus
2- It will hide
3- While hiding will spam his atacks out of optimus sight
4- basically will damage optimus very slowly until it defeats optimus without optimus knowing where snake is during this entire fight.

At least It's ehat I understood

I'm not even sure how much Snake does hurt Optimus. I guess there is a difference between one-shotting someone and being immune to their attacks but idk

I'm not even sure how much Snake does hurt Optimus. I guess there is a difference between one-shotting someone and being immune to their attacks but idk
Eh, idk.

This thread has gone down the toilet. I don't even know what's going on at this point.

Is your vote for Snake?
idk, if bombing the battle field is in character for optimus I vote ptimus, if not I vote incon because AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Back