• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Brackets Round 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, im saying the same thing and have been for half this thread. His semblance allows him to completely and totally bypass aura by cutting clean through it via sheer power. Its how he has been able to constantly damage people through their aura for the entire series.

@Dargoo Yeah, and what im saying is that he doesnt damage the aura at all as he bypasses it with his semblance

so it isn't strong enough to one-shot blake's aura then since it doesn't even interact with aura in the first place

Even then I don't see how that's very supported in-verse as Yang's aura goes down when he attacks her with his semblance, and begins flickering. If it just yeeted past her aura it wouldn't have begun flickering in that final fight.

Dargoo youre really just not listening to anything im saying right now are you? It does not oneshot Blake's aura, it oneshots BLAKE and her WEAPON, both of which have 8-B durability.

In-verse he cut Yang's arm off through her aura, stabbed Blake in the stomach through her aura, and visibly damaged Yang's bionic arm through her aura.

Hell, looking through the fight Yang's aura only flickers AFTER blocking his amped attack with her bionic arm (Which at this point has enough feats to be argued as being far more durable than the rest of her) and hitting him with her own semblance-amped attack.

Considering Blake is still alive, and her weapon already took damage prior to that attack, nah.

That was Vol 1-3 Yang, whose aura in total can't stop Adam's blade from running through it.

Yeah, her semblance flickers after blocking his attack and being lowered to the point where it flickers.

Burden of proof is on you for Adam having an as-of-yet unmentioned power.

Considering blocking attacks with something equally as durable as yourself is a thing that exists, yah.

Her aura only flickers after she herself delivers her semblance amped punch and not once before this. And its the only time in the entire fight that it does so.

What says

A) Blake's weapon is as durable as herself or her aura

B) Blake's weapon wasn't damaged from the whole battle before that

Yeah, mainly because she just took a hit from Adam's strongest attack in the fight almost two to three times at that point. Her aura flickering makes sense.

Still waiting on proof for this theory that Adam bypasses Aura though.

A) Because its a melee weapon that she has constantly used to clash with and strike her opponents with without her sword being damaged in any way, menaing its dura is equal to her physical AP via Newton's third law

B) Because nothing in the show leading up to the point implies that and arguing that is grasping at straws that done even exist to begin with.

Its not a theory, it is a fact directly stated by the CRWBY, hell you were part of the discussion thread when this was brought up all those months ago.

A) Enhanced by her aura, which you claim Adam nopes.

B) It getting hit during the fight seems like a rather direct implication.

There's been no discussion threads on Adam regarding his aura that I could find this year. Link if you have it though.

DragonEmperor23 said:
"Every hit can drop it, some hits can break it, just so happens that Adam's attack was so badass that in one hit it managed to break it and do damage all at once."

Glad we've now debunked both the 'Adam bypasses aura' and 'needs x damage to damage Aura' simultaneously.

I'm seriously dumbstruck by how you all think Blake's weapon would have lower durability than herself. By this logic she could literally just sit without aura and block a strike by Adam with her arm without her arm getting cut off.

Also the idea that Blake's weapon sustained large damage prior to Adam's semblance fueled attack is total bull as we see zero indication of the weapon having any sort of malfunction, visible damage, focus of any kind, and the fact that we've seen RWBY weapons operate perfectly fine at all times even with aura having been broken.

Please drop this point as it makes everyone here look dumber.

Although minor thing to note, the durability of the weapon doesnt get incerased in any way, it gets the same aura forcefield that coats blakes body.

I feel it is pretty important, since the only thing Adam has going for him really is that people think he can absorb Kai's KE and fire it back to one-shot. Although even with the current assumption, Adam's KE blast is simply 'he can one-shot people who are >>> 18 tons'. There's no solid numbers behind that however, and I highly doubt that is justification enough to one-shot Kai who is >>> 52 tons.

When you look past that argument, Kai has the strength, skill, stamina, lifting strength and ability advantages including a solid, in-character win-con in restrain + absorb.

- Strength is negated by AP amp

- Skill true

- Lifting Strength true but not too much of a factor other than chain restrain which Adam can counter with doubles

- Restrain is not a close distance attack that he does and Adam will maintain a close distance attack.

Not completely. Weekly said that before the amp he's equal to Blake, so I doubt he can reach Kai's level by amping, especially since Kai scales far above his own feat. Also I assume amping takes time, even if it's just a bit.

Lifting Strength also helps for disarming (which ik is temporary, but it can help) and other martial arts moves which rely on lifting strength.

He generally knocks his opponent with a hit before throwing the chains when they're close distance. Also Kai fights better at CQC than at range so that may play to his favour.

Afterimages help a lot with avoiding being restrained seeing as his are borderline Duplication with how they work

Aren't his afterimages just generic afterimages caused by him moving fast? Kai's skill, senses and extrasensory perception means he'll have no trouble keeping up with the 'real' Adam.

Fair enough.

Could you show a clip of this? This feat keeps coming up in the thread, and I'd like to see it for myself.

@Gyro No, they're pseudo duplicates in that he is able to create multipel at the same time all of which move in different directions and make different actions on their own

First one he clearly needed to charge up the attack before he was able to become strong enough to one-shot the spider droid. Plus is there any evidence that the giant beam, which looked stronger than its other attacks, isn't above the droid's own durability?

Second one was what I said before. They're not duplicates that can make different actions on their own, they're afterimages created by speed which show the position Adam was in a brief moment ago. Also, even after tanking multiple hits from Yang to his sword to absorb KE, the attack he fired back with simply pushed Yang back.

Adam doesn't charge attacks, he needs to be hit with an attack to become stronger

They are duplicates, they charged Yang from the crowd and distracted her while Adam attacked from above. And yeah because Yang's bionic arm is far more durable than the rest of her body.

Then why did he ask Blake to buy him some time? Surely if it was a case where all he has to do is take the attack then return to sender, he could have done that without needing Blake to help.

Adam got the chance to attack from above only because Yang couldn't keep up with his speed and was being distracted by the afterimages. Also Adam's attack seemed too large of an AoE to be blocked simply by a pair of bionic arms.

Because he had to amp himself by absorbing the laser and needed Blake to bait the droid into using it

You literally see the duplicates running around her while she reacts to adam attacking from above. And watch the clip of it, she blocks the whole attack with her bionic arm, and does so a second time near the end.

If he wanted to bait the droid into firing his laser, there's no reason why he couldn't have helped Blake out by attacking it together. Or better yet, absorb some of its lesser attacks to damage it, if that's all it took to do so. It's pretty clear that 'buy me some time' implies that 'I need time to do something', not 'try and get that thing to fire its most powerful beam at me'.

I see Adam running around her and his afterimages following him, Yang getting confused and Adam taking the opportunity to blast her from above.

I did watch the clip, the attack was covering her entire body.

The only times he has ever needed "charge" an attack have been for long distance shots with his semblance.

The one for disintegration sure was quite the powerful beam that he had to absorb but the point is that he doesn't need that amount of AP to one shot Of Kai. What Adam did is waaaaaay past killing Kai too.

The other time he had to charge was against Yang in Volume 5 where he shot a long range attack.

The duplicates are supposedly a result of his semblance, think of it as projections of energy that he's absorbed....

Yang blocking the AOE attack can be explained by aura cover her.

I'll explain Adam's semblance a little more in my next reply.

Adam's Semblance:

When Blake hits Adam's sword and he activates his semblance then he will be attack with his own force plus and amplified amount of the original attack he absorbed.

Blake attacks with 18 tons. He activates immediately. He then proceeds to attack with his own 18 tons plus an amplified 18 tons from Blake. Totaling >>> 36 Tons (they are actually higher than 18 but this is an example).

Now he is also capable of STORING absorbed AP. So let's say Blake hits with 18 tons 5 times and he uses his semblance then. He will be hitting with his own 18 tons plus an amplified 90 tons totaling 108 tons.

Does this make sense? It depends on how many attacks he absorbs, the power of the attacks he absorbs, and whenever he decides to actually use his semblance.

It's not that he can immediately one shot. It's that he can continually absorb and then one shot (unless Kai hits Adam with some VERY powerful attack early on that let's Adam one shot immediately).

Regardless Adam could have the AP advantage for a good portion of the fight if he keeps using his semblance.

By this logic, as long as it's someone near his own level, Adam pretty much climbs a tier in just a few blows. I find problems with this interpretation when it's not hinted at all to be how it is hinted on his own profile.

Plus, would you really be telling me Adam takes any time in fights when a mere 5 blocked blows from someone comparable makes him 5 times stronger than them?

@Sir yes that is exactly how his power works, if that's not how it's explained on his profile then it needs to be

Yes that is exactly right

So I rewatched the second clip Weekly sent. During Yang and Adam's bout, she hit his sword a total of 13 or 14 times (I counted) before he fired the ball of energy right back at her.

You're telling me that the attack Adam fired at her (that she tanked like a champ) had a total of well over 252 tons of tnt behind it??

(13 * 18, plus Adam's own AP of 18, plus however far the attack is above that due to amps/scaling).

Yeah that's how it works. He just needs to land the hit then. Adam is a very powerful individual that only got beaten because it was 2v1 and they both knew how his semblance worked this avoided going after his sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back