• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kai the Collector vs Adam Taurus (8B Round 21 Redux)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump. So as it seems, this is getting nowhere... probably to the point of an inconclusive.

@Dargoo what about when Adam disintegrated the Spider Drone? That's one shotting it after only absorbing its AP once.

Adam did only chip damage to it previously then one shot it afterwards. How is that not proof?

One shotting something on your level does not mean you one shot something above it

This is logic we've used on this site for years.

Hell, one-shotting someone on your level doesn't even mean necessarily you'd be able to one-shot people from other verses on your level. One-shot gap varies a lot from verse to verse.

I'll repost what I said in another thread, since I feel it pretty much sums up the fight.

Adam Taurus has never been shown to one-shot a character stronger than him (or arguably comparable to him) with his KE absorption. Against the Spider Droid, he needed Blake to buy him time, then took a pose which looked like he was charging something. Then, he absorbed a very powerful beam which is likely above the Spider Droid's durability, and fired back with an even more powerful attack. Clip is here: https://youtu.be/ImKCt7BD4U4?t=212. There is currently no other reasonable explanation for this, and it's not speculation as we can quite clearly see what he is doing. He broke Blake's weapon with his semblance after striking it twice, and even then it was with a downward strike which naturally will have more momentum.

Afterimages is generally a null point against someone with Kai's skill, perception and senses. And yes, they do act as afterimages as they take on Adam's actions at that point, rather than Weekly's claims that they can act by themselves. Again, it's clear when you look at the clip.

Other than that, same reasons as before, Kai via greater AP, skill and chain restraint + absorption.

Schnee One said:
One shotting something on your level does not mean you one shot something above it

This is logic we've used on this site for years.
It's not his level. That's why I said he only did chip damage to it before. It's above his level.

Nico-v11 said:
@Dargoo what about when Adam disintegrated the Spider Drone? That's one shotting it after only absorbing its AP once.
Adam did only chip damage to it previously then one shot it afterwards. How is that not proof?
It's more an inconsistency than anything. Adam and pre-Season 1 Blake both take that same blast to the face without any visible damage and are still in fighting condition, and somehow Adam redirecting that same attack one-shot it when he couldn't even scratch it previously.

Considering the trailers have other inconsistencies with the main series and this isn't reflective of his semblance in Volume 6, I'd disregard it.

If you see some of the plans Monty had for Volume 3 originally, you'll realize that Adam wasn't originally planned to be massively above the Vol 1-3 cast and that his fight with Yang was pretty even; which makes sense as the Black trailer has him roughly at the same level as Blake.a

Wasn't exactly the same blast since last one was charged longer and was a continuous blast compared to the first one which was a single shot.

Not exactly inconsistent since aura allows Blake to tank much higher AP for a few strikes and she was practically unharmed until that hit.

Nico-v11 said:
Wasn't exactly the same blast since last one was charged longer
???

The first charge starts at 3:26 and ends at 3:28, 2 seconds. This is the one that hits Adam and Blake.

The second charge starts at 3:53 and ends at 3:55. 2 seconds. This is the one Adam absorbed.

I vote inconc cus:

Ouma hard counters both of these guys

At this rate the match will never end

It's about time the brackets get a god damn move o

Both sides seem to have valid reasonings

WeeklyBattles said:
Kai has never once lead with Absorption
He did against the furious five, and it was specifically explained that Pandas have such masive amounts of chi that he can't just do it in one go like he usually does. Same thing for Oogway; his chi reserve is large enough to the point where Kai can't just lol-absorb him, he needed to restrain and slowly pull him in.

Dargoo Faust said:
He did against the furious five, and it was specifically explained that Pandas have such masive amounts of chi that he can't just do it in one go like he usually does. Same thing for Oogway; his chi reserve is large enough to the point where Kai can't just lol-absorp him, he needed to restrain and slowly pull him in.
>Absorp

He doesnt go for the instant absorption even after Tigress hits him with her chi kick, plus he had his jombies bring the Five to him, something that wont be possible against an opponent as strong as Adam

Tigress isn't even present after he decides to start absorbing everyone; she runs away.

It's a good thing that Adam will walk directly into-range of his Chi absorption inevitably, due to his close-range fighting style.

Its also a good thing that Kai's fighting style leans more towards blocking attacks rather than dodging them, meaning he'd opt for trying to block amped Adam's attacks and get killed as a result

WeeklyBattles said:
Its also a good thing that Kai's fighting style leans more towards blocking attacks rather than dodging them, meaning he'd opt for trying to block amped Adam's attacks and get killed as a result
Where does this come from? Every fight Kai has been in has Kai being on the offensive from the get go. In fact, the only time I think he blocked an attack was against Tigress' chi kick.

Oh, and against Shifu I guess, but he was practically toying with him.

WeeklyBattles said:
Actually he does.

His fighting style actually revolves more around grappling/upending his oponnent's balance and tossing them into the air, going by his initial fight with Po. He redirects force, like any other martial artist. Adam will have a hard time deploying his semblance when wrapped in chains and being thrown around like a ragdoll.

Adam's amped attacks aren't going to immediately kill Kai.

Also for proof that Kai sometimes does lead with absorption, see the fight against Masters Crane, Mantis, Bear, Chicken, and Croc. Kai instantly absorbs most of them the second he enters the residence. Crane only takes slightly longer cause Kai is just toying with him/monologuing to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqnm14L61I8

Hey wait, this isn't technically my Thread. Kai via my own reasons.

Kai - 5 (Gyro, Crimson, Earl, Psycho, Dargoo)

Adam - 1 (Weekly)

That's grace.

Kai - 7 (Gyro, Crimson, Earl, Psycho, Dargoo, Drite, Anonymous)

Adam - 1 (Weekly)

Grace time!

And it looked like Adam has WILTED without BLUSHING all from a CHIllenging opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back