• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Brackets Round 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
So this seems like it's gonna go down very similarly to how Blake vs Kai went down. i.e. Kai has greater AP, far greater skill, greater lifting strength, whereas Adam has no defence for absorption and doesn't have enough AP to make most of the jombies a non-factor (referring to Kai's High 8-C jombies).

Hrrrrm.

Yea, this seems like Kai should take this, to absolutely nobody's surprise.

I guess I'll wait for arguments?

Not really. Adam can potentially drastically increase his AP through absorbing kinetic energy from Kai's attacks, and Kai absorbing him required Adam being incapacitated in some way, which would be hard to pull off properly. Adam can also shadow-clone jutzu to make landing hits on him harder, while using energy blasts at a distance and gunfire for ranged attacks.

Adam also kicked the shit out of Blake in 1v1, so there's that too.

>round 19

>round 21

Things aren't right, the system is wrong.

Kai's chain trap isn't that hard to get off. He only needed a solid hit on Po and Oogway before he could trap them, he trapped Crane with ease, and the former two have superior lifting strength to Adam. Kai's resillience is far greater than Adam's, not only because of his higher durability, but also because of Kai's unlimited stamina. Also Kai vs Blake was very low-diff in Kai's favour

I'd like to know more about Adam's KE absorption before conclusively voting. Is it passive or active? How well does it lessen the blow of attacks?

Oh, so he has to block with his sword? That gives Kai a lot more opportunities to get free hits off on Adam, and disarm Adam before/if he starts absorbing Kai's hits.

Adam has a backup shotgun as a sheathe and the ability to captain america his sword back into his hand via ricocheting

Adam is >> 18 tons, Kai is >> 52 tons. So around a 3x advantage in the favour of the Yak.

Skill definitely goes to Kai. I don't think Adam can come close to 500 years of experience and being comparable to Oogway who perfected and mastered countless Kung fu styles for the same period of time.

Lifting strength, range and stamina are all lesser advantages, but Kai comes out on top in all of them. Lifting strength is especially important given that Kai uses chain traps to restrain his enemies to absorb them, with them working on Crane from a good distance away as he was trying to fly away from Kai. Range is arguable, as while Kai is able to hit from further away and is incredibly skilled with his weaponry, Adam has the more spammable range with projectiles.

Abilities. Both have absorption, with Adam having it through his sword sapping kinetic energy and Kai having it through chi absorption which is a solid win condition that doesn't care about the aura forcefield (which protects Adam from Kai's piercing blades while it's up). Idk if Kai would be likely to use summons from this range; if he does, Adam cannot one-shot the summons without sufficient amping given that the weaker jombies can no-sell hits from KFP3 Tigress. And if he chooses to summon Jombified Oogway...

Shadow clones help to distract Kai, but Kai is no stranger to fighting multiple people at once. Disarming Adam doesn't seem to be the most effective strategy if he can call his weapon back to him, although Kai can do a Thanos and take Adam's weapon while it's rushing back to him. Maybe.

All in all, Kai will have more trouble with Adam than he did with Blake, but he holds most of the advantages here and so he should come out on top.

WeeklyBattles said:
Adam with his semblance is powerful enough to oneshot Yang and Blake through their aura
In Volumes 1-3, certainly not during Volume 6.

WeeklyBattles said:
Um yes volume 6, he left visible marks on Yang when she tried to block his Semblance
I'm not sure how that constitutes him being able to one-shot either of them, considering he liberally abuses his semblance prior to that in the fight.

His AP with his semblance is enough to attack clean through their aura, which scales to their own physical durability. Why would he be unable to?

WeeklyBattles said:
His AP with his semblance is enough to attack clean through their aura, which scales to their own physical durability. Why would he be unable to?
In Volume 1-3? Sure.

In Volume 6, they take attacks from him just fine. Even then by the time he hit Yang with a full-power blast, they had already exchanged attacks and severely degraded each other's aura.

I don't have any obligation to prove he can't one-shot them, then burden of proof is on you to prove he can.

Firephoenixearl said:
What are the current arguments (if there are any)?
My guy, there's a big wall of text about 10 posts up full of arguments. Please don't tell me you didn't notice it.

Sigh...

Kai has around a 3x AP advantage, a big skill advantage, a lifting strength and stamina advantage, a solid win con in absorption, Adam doesn't have enough AP to one-shot the weaker jombies and Kai has ways around Adam's own absorption.

Adam is likely a better ranged fighter and KE absorption (tho only with his sword) can be a problem to close the gap. Idk how much he scales above 18 tons since Weekly's saying that Adam one-shot 18 ton characters whereas Dargoo's saying he did no such thing.

The absorption does seem pretty decent as the absorption doesn't care about the KE absorption. Im leaning towards Kai atm, but not voting yet. Adam does seem to be able to do some things. But does Adam have a win condition? I mean is the KE absorption usable in ofense or only in defense?

His win condition is hitting Kai hard until he dies. Not easy to pull off whatsoever, given Kai's nature as a spirit warrior and all the stuff I've listed above.

Afaik he can use the KE absorption only when he's blocking attacks.

Firephoenixearl said:
That could be a decent win condition then. Considering how he can just absorb KE and 1 shot Kai.
How does using Kai's own KE as an attack one-shot Kai? If you mean that he absorbs so many attacks that the combined KE can one-shot him, then that assumes there isn't some sort of upper limit to the amount of energy Adam can store and/or utilise.

If he can absorb Kai's attack then add his own on top of it would be pretty damaging, but as i said above Kai should take this via absorption.

Guys Adam with his semblance cut through Blake's weapon with one shot.

He also one shot a Spider Drone disintegrating it completely with his semblance when previously he was only doing chipping damage to it.

He can one shot with his semblance and Yang with Blake only beat him because of prior knowledge and being a 2v1 fight.

Adam is probably not as skilled as as Kai but durability wise the guy really is kinda of tank with his aura....I mean seriously he took a massive beating and only lost his aura by a semblance powered Yang.

GyroNutz said:
He's stronger than Blake who is equal to Qrow who is equal to Raven who is stronger than Vernal who easily defeated Weiss' Arma Gigas which stomped the Queen Lancer which tanked an 18 ton attack

Also Nico explained more instances of Adam oneshotting things

So the arguments are:

• Kai: Has more AP, skill and has a win cond with absorption.
  • Adam: Has KE absorption to make up for the AP advantage, can use Absorption to 1 shot.
So it's all a case of can Kai absorb him before adam 1 shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back