• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Brackets Round 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, the aura debate is back.

Alright so Kai has 3x AP over Adam. So, in all actuallity if Kai lands even 1 hit, Adam's aura is breaking immediately.

The reason for this is because we haven seen in the past especially Vol 5 of RWBY characters in the same tier are able to get passed eachothers aura's with just several hits.

My favorite would have to been the famous fight between Weiss and Vernal in this lovely battle. Both characters were 8-B and yet Vernal completely got passed Weiss aura with just 4 hits. 1 = wall, 2 = headshot, 3 = shot in the back, 4 = laser in the stomach.

The first hit Weiss accidenlty hits a wall. The second hit was a headshot to the face by Vernal's weapon. The third hit was a shot in the back. The final hit was a laser to the stomach. Afterward, Weiss aura was gone allowing Cinder to yeet a spear into her back.

So, if Kai has the lead on AP with at least 3x. All it takes is around 2 good hits before Adam's aura is gone. We have seen that previous characters around the same AP can take eachothers aura out in between at least 5 ratio setting. Kai is cutting through Adam's aura like butter.

>2 good hits

RWBY characters can take multiple hits from opponents over 4x stronger than themselves (High 8-C Ruby took multiple hits from 8-B Tyrian which would put him well over 9x stronger than her). Yang took dozens of hits from Mercury without her aura going down. Youre using a low-end when far more feats show that they can take far more hits.

TL;DR It would take at least a dozen hits from Kai without Adam defending himself for Kai to be able to take out Adam's aura, and even then Adam is still 8-B in physical dura

>Ruby vs Tyrian, her profile states that "Her aura can take a few hits from a casual Tyrian before being depleted"

>Yang vs Mercury, her profile states that she "Could withstand casual kicks from Mercury Black"

They were far from casual, Tyrian was actively trying to kill everyone there and Merc had to actively get her aura down to the point that she would get the max use of her semblance

That's not what the profiles say.

Idc if grace is over, and idc if this gets added now. If the result is proven to be wrong I'll just get it rightfully removed. I'll argue until the opposing arguments have convinced me, and convinced Dargoo to continue the brackets.

Weekly, what even is your point and what is with your attitude for crying out loud? Grace doesn't matter if someone has brought up legitimate points that haven't been cleared up.

And as far as I've seen, this hasn't been really cleared up.

My point is that i have been yelled at for making arguments after a grace period has ended and the thread i was arguing on was forcibly closed (See SCP-076 vs the Composite Human) yet here people are completely fine with it. Gyro is breaking the rules of Vs Threads by continuing to argue after the grace has passed. If he wants it to be removed after its added then he can argue it on the removal thread but this thread is done and at this point is being pointlessly stalled.

Nico-v11 said:
The only times he has ever needed "charge" an attack have been for long distance shots with his semblance.
The one for disintegration sure was quite the powerful beam that he had to absorb but the point is that he doesn't need that amount of AP to one shot Of Kai. What Adam did is waaaaaay past killing Kai too.

The duplicates are supposedly a result of his semblance, think of it as projections of energy that he's absorbed....
He asked Blake to buy him some time, and then unleashed a very powerful attack after whatever he was doing was done. The implications are pretty clear that he was charging something.

Debatable, but alright. He won't get the chance to fire an attack that powerful.

That's cool, but I doubt it'll serve much of a purpose other than to maybe catch Kai off-guard the first time they're used.

Weekly, in all fairness I ended up giving you quite a bit of extra time on that thread. A thread ca be taken out of grace if the stuff that FRA's are built on is found to be shoddy, but at this point I don't even know what you guys are even arguing about. IMO there's not a point in just going super by the book and closing it considering Gyro can just go straight to thread removals and do that making the close rather pointless.

It being part of Dargoo's bracket also makes it a little weird.

GyroNutz said:
That's not what the profiles say.

Idc if grace is over, and idc if this gets added now. If the result is proven to be wrong I'll just get it rightfully removed. I'll argue until the opposing arguments have convinced me, and convinced Dargoo to continue the brackets.
Then they need to be adjusted

Well unfortunately the Grace period ended 5 days ago so you are breaking the rules by continuing to stall this thread out for this long. Feel free to argue for its removal on the removal thread but this thread is past grace and should have been closed days ago.

That has literally nothing to do with this thread, so I would recommend not venting your frustrations at us.

If you had legitimate arguments and they were disregarded, bring it up to another mod, or just make the win be deleted after explaining the why in detail.

It has everything to do with this thread as it means that this thread should be closed due to being past grace. Im not venting anything im simply stating rules.

It evens shows more that inconsistences shows with aura in RWBY verse. The fact you have moments where 8-B vs 8-B battles have only just a few hits and the aura breaks.

Also you mention the battle between Ruby vs Tyrian. Ruby got hit exactly 5 times throughout the entire fight. She blocked twice incoming blows from Tyrain and the blocks itself show that Ruby's aura was starting to break. The amount of times Ruby actually got hit in the fight. Ruby's aura completed broke by the 4th hit with a kick to the stomach and the 5th hit was just a drop kick to the face. However, throughout the entire fight Tyrain didn't go for a fatal blow against Ruby unlike he did at Qrow.

As for some counter points, even if I disagree with Weekly's portrayal of how durable aura is, Kai doesn't need to hit Adam a dozen times and then some to win the fight. He needs one solid hit to knock Adam back, giving him an opportunity to restrain him with chains, a combo he has done against Oogway and Po which he has pulled off. The absorption won't care about aura, and Adam certainly can't break free.

Side notes: Adam doesn't seem to spam KE absorption. He uses it a decent amount, but he seems to prefer to go CQC and just slash at his opponent, beating them that way, which is a horrible way to start against someone much more skilled than you in CQC. Kai can sense chi energy and tell how strong it is, so he can likely realise Adam's gimmick if he keeps absorbing energy which will prompt him to either restrain him sooner or summon jombies to scout.

Except I just checked the thread, and Wok does indeed reply back to the issues you bring up. It's not that you were literally disregarded and your points thrown to the way side. Now, whether you yourself personally think your points were countered is another issue entirely.

So yes, this thread has literally nothing to do with that one. What Gyro has brought up hasn't been properly addressed by his own words. Dargoo himself hasn't even checked the conclusions drawn either.

@Gyro Adam does indeed spam KE absorption, any time he uses his sword in any way is him using his KE absorption

Really? We should be arguing about the thread, not about the rules.

I don't even think there's a specific rule that says you can't argue once grace is over, especially in circumstances like these. There are points which I believe are yet to be sufficiently explained, so I'll continue to argue them. Add the 'results' of the thread if you really want to

WeeklyBattles said:
@Gyro Adam has never once shown the ability to charge attacks, he did no such thing there.
Then explain why he needed Blake to buy him some time, and then stood there with what looked like he was charging his sword.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Versus_Thread_Rules

"When the thread reaches a valid vote count, a grace period of 24 will be acknowledged, starting when the final vote that resulted in valid vote count was posted. After this time period the match can be added, with proper format, to the respective characters' pages, or, for Tier 2 characters or otherwise locked profiles, requested in the Versus Addition Request Thread. "

GyroNutz said:
Then explain why he needed Blake to buy him some time, and then stood there with what looked like he was charging his sword.
I already did, he needed her to bait the robot into using its giant laser so he could absorb it

WeeklyBattles said:
@Gyro Adam does indeed spam KE absorption, any time he uses his sword in any way is him using his KE Absorption
No, I've seen two of his battles now. Against the spider droid, he pulled out KE absorption when he was getting beaten. Against Yang he led with CQC, then started to absorb KE as she gained momentum

WeeklyBattles said:
GyroNutz said:
I already did, he needed her to bait the robot into using its giant laser so he could absorb it
That is not 'buying time', and I've already explained why that explanation makes no sense whatsoever.

Legitimate arguments needing to be answered properly before the thread is closed, grace or not, has happened before. Stop bringing rules needlessly Weekly, stuff doesn't just work how you want it to.

And no, you saying you have countered his points and actually having countered them are rather different things. I for one don't agree, having read what you've both said. Common has brought up his own issues too.

WeeklyBattles said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Versus_Thread_Rules
"When the thread reaches a valid vote count, a grace period of 24 will be acknowledged, starting when the final vote that resulted in valid vote count was posted. After this time period the match can be added, with proper format, to the respective characters' pages, or, for Tier 2 characters or otherwise locked profiles, requested in the Versus Addition Request Thread. "
And? The results can be added, I've said this more than once. The rules do not stop me from arguing however.

It was agreed on the removal thread that the arguments that people voted Adam for were completely null and void. Not saying that there aren't actual arguments as to why Adam wins, but those aren't it, and I feel all votes based on the debunked arguments should be removed.

GyroNutz said:
It was agreed on the removal thread that the arguments that people voted Adam for were completely null and void. Not saying that there aren't actual arguments as to why Adam wins, but those aren't it, and I feel all votes based on the debunked arguments should be removed.
Wait, really?

Can you link to the point on the removal thread? If that's the case I'll have to update the brackets lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back