• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

6-C Tournament: "Journey Through The Ride of Mystery and Supernatural Power" Round 3 - Match 4: Sion Eltnam Atlasia vs Nacht Faust

ALTERNATE TITLE: NOT A DEVIL....BUT NOT A HUMAN NEITHER

At long last, they were finally faced each others
The Vice-Captain of Black Bull and the Former Magus of Atlas Academy
Both granted by an excellent talents, both were also contained by the power of "evil and darkness"
However, only Nacht that has shown a complete control over it while Sion struggled to balanced her power
Right now she's not in her corrupted state but for how long? We are not sure
As for now, Nacht would do what he must here: To Kill
Can he successed? Or it would be Sion instead with her abilities and talent as the top magus?

• Base Sion is used
  • Devil Unions Equus and Canis are restricted
  • Speed are equalized
  • Both are in-characters
  • Place located in: Empty Road of Tokyo City
  • images
  • Starting Range: 10 Meters
  • Win via anything!!
  • Vice-Captain of Black Bull: 8
  • Former Magus of Atlas: 5
  • Inconclusive: 0

Nacht.%28Black.Clover%29.600.3105464.jpg

VS
Sion.Eltnam.Atlasia.600.94105.jpg

• GRAND BATTLE THEME 1: DRINK IT DOWN

• GRAND BATTLE THEME 2: TIME IS DEAD

Last edited:
alright yeah. the only problem for me was the shadow thing. but if that's the only real issue for Sion she can deal with it. voting for her.

she can outrun the arms.
Why?

She has a lower movement speed than what is equalized and Nacht has speed amps and arms that appear in every direction.

she can outrun the arms.

with a 40x slower movement speed than her equalized combat speed vs a guy with speed amps.

Do the math.

ah, yes, let's have him dodge the invisible weapons that can attack him from every direction
How is she even attacking first? And the weapons are not invisible to the naked eye, Felis mode enhances his vision

Speed is equalized here but Nacht has a speed amp, but then again Sion has a reaction speed to countering but i'm not the best to descripting it so i'll leave it to the others
Sion also has a slower movement speed, is at least 40x (lowest MHS value - highest subsonic value).

she definitely cant out run the arms. assuming she can even predict the arms appearing in every direction in darkness.

Y'know, what, I think I am going to switch sides and vote for Sion. I think what TypeOu is enough for me.

Meh. Hoping what I said changed your mind

alright yeah. the only problem for me was the shadow thing. but if that's the only real issue for Sion she can deal with it. voting for her.
The shadow thing is his magic. You basically said the only problem is Nacht 🗿

anyways, at least say how she deals with it. Manazone which covers several hundred meters and starting distance is 10m

And she cant outrun them with her movement speed.

Last edited:
Welp, I tried my best.

it’s just very hard to believe that she resists darkness with resistance to sense manipulation when Nacht isn’t even affecting her senses directly. He just turns off the light with Manazone.

and her reactions to danmaku from her immediate surroundings just seems wanked. even going as far as to say she outruns them with a slower movement speed than whats equalized speed.

Welp, it was fun in the beginning at least.

She has a lower movement speed than what is equalized and Nacht has speed amps and arms that appear in every direction.
the hands aren't speed amped. Dodging hands is not movement speed, it's combat speed.
with a 40x slower movement speed than her equalized combat speed vs a guy with speed amps.
the hands are still not amped, dodging hands is still combat speed.
How is she even attacking first? And the weapons are not invisible to the naked eye, Felis mode enhances his vision
They're both attacking at the same time, but one can precog and dodge visible hands that need to crush her while the other will be surrounded by strings he can't see with the ability to one-shot him on contact, the latter also need to amp himself with one or 2 spell AND use another spell to plunge the area into darkness, that's 2~3 "free actions" for Sion
Proof that Felis mode allows him to see a 1 micrometer long etherlite?

the hands aren't speed amped. Dodging hands is not movement speed, it's combat speed.
They are amped. It’s his base magic.
Then why did you say she outruns them?

it’s not like the arms disappear after you dodge them, they follow you.

the hands are still not amped, dodging hands is still combat speed.
They are amped by reinforcement magic, devil magic and especially Manazone.

The arms don’t disappear after you dodge them. They follow you

what danmaku dodging skills at point blank range does she have with precog?

They're both attacking at the same time, but one can precog and dodge visible hands that need to crush her while the other will be surrounded by strings he can't see with the ability to one-shot him on contact, the latter also need to amp himself with one or 2 spell AND use another spell to plunge the area into darkness, that's 2~3 "free actions" for Sion
Proof that Felis mode allows him to see a 1 micrometer long etherlite?

They are both attacking at the same time, but one spawns multiple arms at once at point blank range.

She dodged danmaku at point blank range before? And after she dodges, what will she do with arms continuously appearing in every direction at point blank ranges. The arms she dodges don’t even disappear they will just keep following her.

She can’t outrun the arms.

Also the spells are thought based and he can hide in the shadows to avoid everything and still attack with arms. starts with Manazone that’s all he needs to win since that’s already a speed amp.

@CrystalValley seems to not trust the speed at which she sets up etherlite traps. He/she always said She needed to hide to set up traps. Well there is no where to hide cuz natch can find and teleport to her by peering through shadows. And she can’t outrun the arms anyway. So hiding isn’t an option.

Last edited:
There is nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide.

No amount of genius intelligence with Memory Partition will let her target Nacht hiding in the shadows of his Manazone and spawning arms in every direction

No amount of thought acceleration will boost her reaction, even if it reaches a level of instinctive reactions. It still won’t let her dodge attacks in Manazone. Because it’s everywhere. It’s pitch black and her target is hidden in the shadows.

@CrystalValley seems to not trust the speed at which she sets up etherlite traps. He/she always said She needed to hide to set up traps. Well there is no where to hide cuz natch can find and teleport to her by peering through shadows. And she can’t outrun the arms anyway. So hiding isn’t an option.
Technically it's not impossible for her to set up traps mid fight. Etherlite is nigh invisible to the naked eye as stated already, so depending on the environment, she can control her etherlite and set them up accordingly.

From what's been said though, apparently Nacht can maybe see these attempts

Technically it's not impossible for her to set up traps mid fight. Etherlite is nigh invisible to the naked eye as stated already, so depending on the environment, she can control her etherlite and set them up accordingly.

From what's been said though, apparently Nacht can maybe see these attempts

Yeah, especially since it’s magic. And in Manazone his detection abilities are boosted.

and he can hide in the shadow to evade anyway. He always starts with stealth against complete fodder and against the strongest devil.

source for magic getting speed amped by mana zone?

Seriously? Do you really have to be that pedantic?

And she dodges them again while running. Or the match is already over as Nacht brain gets turned off.

She dodged danmaku at point blank range before?
He doesn't have danmaku for a reason.
They are both attacking at the same time, but one spawns multiple arms at once at point blank range.
they're not since he needs to amp himself
And after she dodges, what will she do with arms continuously appearing in every direction at point blank ranges. The arms she dodges don’t even disappear they will just keep following her.
Kill him.
Also the spells are thought based
casting 1 spell is instantaneous. Casting 3 isn't.
and he can hide in the shadows to avoid everything and still attack with arms. starts with Manazone that’s all he needs to win since that’s already a speed amp.
but is it in character? I'm not actually asking btw, it's not

btw I just checked because I wasn't sure, but yes, stunning his opponent is his first move.... with his paralysis, which Sion resists, not his shadow hands. IE: when he met asta. That's one more

I'd probably side Sion here if I knew how reliable the whole "Magi resistance scales to other magi users" thing is. Not cited on any Nasuverse profile though and I really don't recall what would imply this

I'd probably side Sion here if I knew how reliable the whole "Magi resistance scales to other magi users" thing is. Not cited on any Nasuverse profile though and I really don't recall what would imply this
I think it was the statement of Medea that you can resist magic by spreading the magical energy throughout they're body.

She dodged danmaku at point blank range before? And after she dodges, what will she do with arms continuously appearing in every direction at point blank ranges. The arms she dodges don’t even disappear they will just keep following her.

Also the spells are thought based and he can hide in the shadows to avoid everything and still attack with arms. starts with Manazone that’s all he needs to win since that’s already a speed amp.

i do trust the speed at which she sets up etherlite traps. i mentioned to hide just for a better chance. the first scan i sent against Wallachia was in a direct confrontation on the fly. her stuff with Arc was also set up with her out of sight of Arc for like a split second. the retreat was mainly just to hide because a direct confrontation with Arc she knew was useless. and considering she has survived an ultimate attack with someone that has higher AP than her already, getting hit by AP from the guy won't be a huge issue just for reference.

for the record i'm not ignoring any points and even voted for him initially. and without following profiles, I think this guy beats her without an issue really since she doesn't resist anything of his. but profiles are profiles.

Honestly if you don't agree with the resistance that's applied across the Nasuverse for Magi, a CRT wouldn't hurt. Kinda sus on it myself. Not sourced so I don't know what all evidence is going for it. Idk if what John said is justifiable on its own.

Anyways gonna get ready for work now and will check in later

magus resists spells simply by having magic circuits. Most of them don't have something like magic resistance, so of course, it's assumed that anyone with magic circuit would resist what people with magic circuits can resist

I'm very busy today, and judging by someone's behavior, noone is going to wait for me. So this is as much as I can do.

source for magic getting speed amped by mana zone?

Seriously? Do you really have to be that pedantic?

And she dodges them again while running. Or the match is already over as Nacht brain gets turned off.

He doesn't have danmaku for a reason.

they're not since he needs to amp himself

Kill him.

casting 1 spell is instantaneous. Casting 3 isn't.

but is it in character? I'm not actually asking btw, it's not

btw I just checked because I wasn't sure, but yes, stunning his opponent is his first move.... with his paralysis, which Sion resists, not his shadow hands. IE: when he met asta. That's one more

Alright, so there are a couple of things wrong with this so I will sort them all out as much as I can at this moment. I will tag all the messages after this too since I will address everything in my last post for a couple of hours. I can come online sparingly for any short answer reply.

Not really knowledgeable on Tsukihime.
Would he actually sense it when magic in the verse is 4D?
I think it was the statement of Medea that you can resist magic by spreading the magical energy throughout they're body.

Okay let's get straight to it.

Nacht starts with stealth all the time, he even does this with fodder characers to him. And he tries to end the fight quickly. He started with arms against Asta too but in this situation, his attacks are just naturally undetectable until its too late. magic captain's exceptional ability to sense mana could not sense his magic. He also went with stealth against Lucifero so he can catch him by surprise with Shadow Demon Dogs and he starts with mana zone in a rematch against Asta, and with Yami against Lucifero. So Nacht always starts with shadow arms, and he always goes into hiding in the shadows and/or turns the vicinity of a hundred meters pitch black with his Mana Zone. So No he does not start with paralysis, he only did so when he first met Asta (he just wanted to talk) and when he needed to remove the twin supreme devils from the battlefield to another location. In fact, as once he did that to the supreme devils he immediately made a territory to turn the vicinity pitch black with Mana Zone.

Sion has two one-shot haxes. Nacht's starting moves immediately counter these two one-shot haxes because Sion is either blinded by the pitch black darkness or Nacht just goes into the ground and strikes when the enemy least expects it with shadow arms in base. Sion has inferior Lifting Strength so she can easily be crushed with these shadow arms. Sion can't sense Nacht's magic coming so it is unlikely her Memory Partition and Thought Acceleration will work here especially when she knows nothing about what she is dealing with and can't detect it before it is too late. If that is not enough to convince you all then Sion also has subsonic movement speeds and a MHS combat speed, In VSmatches, the combat speed is equalized while every other speed is reduced by the same percentile. You can find this rule under Vsthread rules. The gap between subsonic speed and MHS reaction speeds is large, up to at least 40x from the highest subsonic value to the lowest MHS value to make things fair. A 40x gap is far too great for her to outrun the shadow arms. However, she can dodge some of the arms with her reaction speed. But there are so many of them that she must have danmaku dodging feat skills to a certain level and dodging them isn't going to be enough and she runs slower than she reacts. LOn top of all this, In Manazone, She can't see in pitch black darkness so she will not be able to dodge any of the shadow arms. In fact the ManaZone is made up of shadow arms and unfortunately she can't even fly to delay the inevitable. The best part is that Nacht does not need to be in the area, he can just hide in the shadows. The moment she tries to run she gets blitzed hard because Nacht's combat speed is 40x higher than Sion's running speed. She can't stand there because the arms are already on the ground. Unfortunately, she dies. Even if you say she jumps with MHS speeds, that's a dumb way to die. The arms can spawn anywhere in the territory. She will get crushed.

This is what Mana Zone does. The rest of the amps are on Nacht's page. They can amp all stats. Honestly, at this point he only needs ManaZone out of these amps to win.

Now for other messages after this. Yes, Nacht's power nullification does not work here. But her magic resistance intruges me. According to her page, the magic resistance only applies to the magic that is similar (not exactly) to status effects inducements. What I mean is that they are all resistant to all types of magic that aim to directly control them and/or have an internal effect. Luckily, Nacht is not directly affecting her in any way, paralysis will not work as a result of this, and power nullification will not work. Nacht does not have a spell that directly control her or affects her. Even the pitch black darkness of his ManaZone is akin to blindfolding them. The darkness does not affect her senses or preception directly. So she can't "resist darkness".

I hope i was able to change everyone's minds. Thank you for reading this.

I had fun.

See ya. ❤️

Nacht starts with stealth all the time, he even does this with fodder characers to him. And he tries to end the fight quickly. He started with arms against Asta too but in this situation, his attacks are just naturally undetectable until its too late. magic captain's exceptional ability to sense mana could not sense his magic. He also went with stealth against Lucifero so he can catch him by surprise with Shadow Demon Dogs and he starts with mana zone in a rematch against Asta, and with Yami against Lucifero. So Nacht always starts with shadow arms, and he always goes into hiding in the shadows and/or turns the vicinity of a hundred meters pitch black with his Mana Zone.
"Nacht always start with X"
proceed to show the one time he started with said spell
Not how it works.

BTW, he didn't start with arms against Asta, this is literally the end of their training.
As for the time with Yami, the context was totally different since 1. he was with yami and 2. he was overcharged, it definitively doesn't apply to a normal fight
So No he does not start with paralysis, he only did so when he first met Asta (he just wanted to talk) and when he needed to remove the twin supreme devils from the battlefield to another location. In fact, as once he did that to the supreme devils he immediately made a territory to turn the vicinity pitch black with Mana Zone.
Cool. So that's two, and those two times are definitively more relevant than him training someone, or going all out because he feels full of energy.

Anyway, let's list his starting moves:
->Paralysis twice
haxx get resisted, etherlite GG
->canis mode, hands, pack
Sion has more than enough time to fry his brain if she just dodges his hands with her precog, or even before that since, again, he can't just cast all of his spell in a thought.
->hide in his shadow, then appears behind his opponent and grabs them
Sion uses her precog and doesn't care if he TP behind her, then fry his brain with etherlite... again.
Sion has two one-shot haxes. Nacht's starting moves immediately counter these two one-shot haxes because Sion is either blinded by the pitch black darkness or Nacht just goes into the ground and strikes when the enemy least expects it with shadow arms in base.
You didn't show even one time he immediately hid in the ground or plunged the area into darkness.
Sion has inferior Lifting Strength so she can easily be crushed with these shadow arms.
She fought against Arcueid, attacks with the ability to one-shot her aren't an issue, especially crushing her which would take more effort for obvious reasons (blast->dead compared to have the hands spawn->have them grab her->have them crush her->dead), and again, just because the arms try to crush her doesn't mean she has to answer with lifting strength, she can destroy them with AP
Sion can't sense Nacht's magic coming so it is unlikely her Memory Partition and Thought Acceleration will work here especially when she knows nothing about what she is dealing with and can't detect it before it is too late.
She doesn't use magic detection, she uses maths and probabilities.
If that is not enough to convince you all then Sion also has subsonic movement speeds and a MHS combat speed, In VSmatches, the combat speed is equalized while every other speed is reduced by the same percentile. You can find this rule under Vsthread rules. The gap between subsonic speed and MHS reaction speeds is large, up to at least 40x from the highest subsonic value to the lowest MHS value to make things fair. A 40x gap is far too great for her to outrun the shadow arms. However, she can dodge some of the arms with her reaction speed.
dodging is combat/reaction speed based. NOT movement speed
But there are so many of them that she must have danmaku dodging feat skills to a certain level
still not danmaku. And she's dodging with those sicc precog skillz
and dodging them isn't going to be enough and she runs slower than she reacts.
ditto pf my second to last sentence
LOn top of all this, In Manazone, She can't see in pitch black darkness so she will not be able to dodge any of the shadow arms. In fact the ManaZone is made up of shadow arms and unfortunately she can't even fly to delay the inevitable. The best part is that Nacht does not need to be in the area, he can just hide in the shadows. The moment she tries to run she gets blitzed hard because Nacht's combat speed is 40x higher than Sion's running speed. She can't stand there because the arms are already on the ground. Unfortunately, she dies. Even if you say she jumps with MHS speeds, that's a dumb way to die. The arms can spawn anywhere in the territory. She will get crushed.
Good thing this spell that is definitively not your basic mana zone (which of course I would assume we were talking about since we were just using the word "mana zone") isn't instantaneous to cast then

"Mana Zone: Dark Prison Hunting Ground: After taking control of the surrounding mana, Nacht spreads out his shadow, shrouding everything in shadow and cutting off all light. His ki is also hidden, allowing him and his clones to strike their opponent without being sensed."

straight from his page.
This is what Mana Zone does. The rest of the amps are on Nacht's page. They can amp all stats. Honestly, at this point he only needs ManaZone out of these amps to win.
Good. His spells aren't speed amped then
Now for other messages after this. Yes, Nacht's power nullification does not work here. But her magic resistance intruges me. According to her page, the magic resistance only applies to the magic that is similar (not exactly) to status effects inducements. What I mean is that they are all resistant to all types of magic that aim to directly control them and/or have an internal effect. Luckily, Nacht is not directly affecting her in any way, paralysis will not work as a result of this, and power nullification will not work. Nacht does not have a spell that directly control her or affects her. Even the pitch black darkness of his ManaZone is akin to blindfolding them. The darkness does not affect her senses or preception directly. So she can't "resist darkness".
I'm giving you his ability to blindfold her once/if he cast his super mana zone. Don't think anything else wouldn't be resisted that we said would be?

When the rules said speed was equalized, I'd assume that means speed is equalized in all areas.

Unless the OP wants to correct me on this

When the rules said speed was equalized, I'd assume that means speed is equalized in all areas.

Unless the OP wants to correct me on this
Nah he's right, combat speed is equalized then everything is scaled off that. Not that it matters because dodging is def not combat speed

While I am responding to your previous post. I realized you haven't proven why Sion starts with Etherlite and weapon in base.

So go ahead and show us why She starts with Etherlite and gun in base form, because I am quite busy at the moment.

While I am responding to your previous post. I realized you haven't proven why Sion starts with Etherlite and weapon in base.

So go ahead and show us why She starts with Etherlite and gun in base form, because I am quite busy at the moment.
Etherlite is her main way of fighting. She can even use it as a whip. She doesn't use the gun nearly as much as her etherlite though

Etherlite is her main way of fighting. She can even use it as a whip. She doesn't use the gun nearly as much as her etherlite though
In chapter one she ran towards Shiki and she started with a Kick, then she used etherlite as a weapon to attack. She didnt use the hax with it.

I hope things like this dont happen in all her fight as Im reading.

In chapter one she ran towards Shiki and she started with a Kick, then she used etherlite as a weapon to attack. She didnt use the hax with it.

her plan wasn't to kill Shiki. and she severely underestimated him not realizing he's pretty much beyond everyone in the series when absolutely serious aside from Archetype and his original personality. the trend in Melty Blood is Sion being consistently surprised at Shiki's capabilities, which rise the more he's serious and the more he taps into his Nanaya Arts. her first fight with him was by far her biggest underestimation of him. she also started with etherlite in both of her fights with Wallachia as well. when she intended to actually kill Shiki in their second fight she also started with etherlite. she just got folded when he decided to actually let loose a bit. but it shows Sion's starting option is etherlite when it comes to a serious death match.
By the way, I got hooked on Melty Blood when I was checking it out. Wow. Thanks guys.
Melty Blood can't really be understood properly without reading Tsukihime since it's a sequel, just in case you haven't read it.

Last edited:

In the original Melty game, she actually tries to use the hax from etherlite on Shiki
unknown.png

Also when I said it's her main way of fighting; yeah can throw hands somewhat, but Etherlite is what she'll typically use as well in combo with that.

Also, you'll see her open up her fight with Wallachia towards the end by using her etherlite.

By the way, I got hooked on Melty Blood when I was checking it out. Wow. Thanks guys.
Based asf

Back