• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

6-C Tournament: "Journey Through The Ride of Mystery and Supernatural Power" Round 3 - Match 4: Sion Eltnam Atlasia vs Nacht Faust

ALTERNATE TITLE: NOT A DEVIL....BUT NOT A HUMAN NEITHER

At long last, they were finally faced each others
The Vice-Captain of Black Bull and the Former Magus of Atlas Academy
Both granted by an excellent talents, both were also contained by the power of "evil and darkness"
However, only Nacht that has shown a complete control over it while Sion struggled to balanced her power
Right now she's not in her corrupted state but for how long? We are not sure
As for now, Nacht would do what he must here: To Kill
Can he successed? Or it would be Sion instead with her abilities and talent as the top magus?

• Base Sion is used
  • Devil Unions Equus and Canis are restricted
  • Speed are equalized
  • Both are in-characters
  • Place located in: Empty Road of Tokyo City
  • images
  • Starting Range: 10 Meters
  • Win via anything!!
  • Vice-Captain of Black Bull: 8
  • Former Magus of Atlas: 5
  • Inconclusive: 0

Nacht.%28Black.Clover%29.600.3105464.jpg

VS
Sion.Eltnam.Atlasia.600.94105.jpg

• GRAND BATTLE THEME 1: DRINK IT DOWN

• GRAND BATTLE THEME 2: TIME IS DEAD

Last edited:
That should definitely be updated then
Really important if it legitimately scales across most of the verse
I'd do it myself but busy with Melty Blood buffs

Am not sure, tbh. But I vaguely recall Type-Moon characters with MCs since 2019 to 2020-ish, so somebody might have to dig awhile to find something regarding this topic.

The Memory Partition refers to the splitting her train of thought 7 different ways and being able to run simultaneous parallel calculations in each of the 7 streams not like her combat simulations relying on her memory or anything and yeah she'd never fought Shiki or Arc and still managed to full predict anything and everything Shiki could do and then beat him

Ummmm sure I wasn't trying to downplay or anything I'm not super knowledgeable on Black Clover I've just read the Manga once so that's what I remember hahaha

I wasn't referring to that though, you wondered why I said the range favours her so I explained that at this distance it's easier for her to use her Mystic Code which is her main wincon(which should have a 5KM range) but well
she didn't beat Shiki. she got folded by Shiki twice and her stronger key got speed blitzed by him when he got serious finally. neither her or Arc scale to him when fully serious. but Sion did manage to hold up against Arc without prior knowledge of her combat abilities if I remember correctly and land a solid hit with the Black Barrel by catching her off guard, which is impressive considering she was at the disadvantage in power and speed along with Marble Phantasm. she still lost though because she had no way to properly kill Arc.

as for the fight at hand, I don't really have any input right now. not really awake. just felt like correcting that. glad to see people debating someone like Sion for once though.

as for the fight at hand, I don't really have any input right now. not really awake. just felt like correcting that. glad to see people debating someone like Sion for once though.
We'll waiting for your further input once you're finally awake
And yeah i'm going to make some of Sion matches outside from this tourney, expect a Raikou spam 2.0 soon lel

so i'll let others handle what she resist since that mystery resistance stuff is complete bullshit that should only be an in-verse mechanic

i think she can survive the AoE attack from the dude even if he pulls it off since she can take attacks from people stronger than her. pretending for a second this isn't way above island level, this is still the ultimate attack of Wallachia in Arcueid's body and Sion is able to survive it and still be capable of fighting. so she was able to survive an AoE ultimate attack of someone already stronger than her naturally.

27-o.jpg

3-o.jpg

20-o.jpg

Sion can also entrap people in a cage of etherlite.

10-o.jpg

34-o.jpg

she can also create etherlite cage traps on the fly in the middle of combat for the opponent to walk into.
39-o.jpg

i don't see how he's going to actually avoid the etherlite. there's too many ways for her to land it before he hits her with his stuff, which besides the AoE, would be harder to land, so I'm leaning with Sion currently. still not fully awake, so i may be missing something from her opponent.

Last edited:
so i may be missing something from her opponent.
Yeah the fact that Nacht can simply crush her or rip her apart by spawning shadow arms from beneath her feat. He has a massive LS advantage.

And he can avoid the Etherlite with his Felis mode which can dodge Danmaku from those superior to him, and his stealth mastery which enables him hide in shadows can be enhanced by blinding her with darkness all over the surrounding. He also has reinforcement magic and forbidden magic to further amp his speed. He has fought and defeated Asta many times who uses precognition and has the capability of defeating him with Anti Magic.

Something I didn’t quite mention earlier was Manazone’s ability to nullify magic. Nacht can use Manazone.

Yeah the fact that Nacht can simply crush her or rip her apart by spawning shadow arms from beneath her feat. He has a massive LS advantage.

And he can avoid the Etherlite with his Felis mode which can dodge Danmaku from those superior to him, and his stealth mastery which enables him hide in shadows can be enhanced by blinding her with darkness all over the surrounding. He also has reinforcement magic and forbidden magic to further amp his speed. He has fought and defeated Asta many times who uses precognition and has the capability of defeating him with Anti Magic.

Something I didn’t quite mention earlier was Manazone’s ability to nullify magic. Nacht can use Manazone.
alright most of this is fair. but i don't think the danmaku argument works here. maybe i'm wrong. but danmaku isn't really the same as being trapped in a cage of etherlite. not really a way to escape by dodging.

i get that precog isn't just auto immunity and auto dodge to everything but it could help Sion since she can also end him quickly. but the speed difference depending on how much it is could be a big problem.

i guess for now i'll roll back to being neutral until i see further arguments.

@Kazuma_kuwabara this isn't a Fate character.

Sometimes, it makes me wonder if arguing for Shiki to join the 6-C Tournament instead of relenting and suggesting Sion would've been a better move.

@Violatas any arguments you want to say here?
Whoops. Have been busy.

Anyways, unsure what to add at this point that hasn't been said, though since I'm curious, how good even is Asta's precog? The Atlasia precog is very different from your standard precog. Memory Partition lets Sion have 7 different trains of thought simultaneously and Thought Acceleration speeds up her reaction timing. A step above your standard precog users. Doesn't make her untouchable or anything but it ensures she can predict a good chunk of attacks coming her way. With speed equalized here, that's gonna go a ways. Wondering if what Nacht has dealt with is in any way comparable.

Asta has the capacity to predict opponents' next moves by reading their breathing, muscle movements, glare, life force, current emotional state and even their slight presence, with all his senses combined. His ki sensing allows him to even sense non-living objects such as rocks and other energies like magic + Asta´s move are unreadeable because he has Kiato swordstyle integrated into his skill which makes his moves impossible to read even with Ki

Nacht as said, trained Asta and was superior to him, Asta could not sense Nacht at all, only when Nacht was enraged, which means Asta sense his emotion, and if Nacht use clones, all his clones are identical to him and impossible to sense who is the clone or who is real unless Nacht shows emotions

Asta has the capacity to predict opponents' next moves by reading their breathing, muscle movements, glare, life force, current emotional state and even their slight presence, with all his senses combined. His ki sensing allows him to even sense non-living objects such as rocks and other energies like magic + Asta´s move are unreadeable because he has Kiato swordstyle integrated into his skill which makes his moves impossible to read even with Ki

Nacht as said, trained Asta and was superior to him, Asta could not sense Nacht at all, only when Nacht was enraged, which means Asta sense his emotion, and if Nacht use clones, all his clones are identical to him and impossible to sense who is the clone or who is real unless Nacht shows emotions
Oof. That sounds good, yeah.

... Anyhow. Does anybody have a count of the votes? This match has been at a standstill for awhile, and I forgot it.
Hmm. I miiiiight lean Nacht here looking over the arguments? Seems to have base Sion slightly outclassed here. If her Dead Apostle form was used here, would probs be a different story. Open to changing my mind but Nacht like a slightly safer choice

Sometimes, it makes me wonder if arguing for Shiki to join the 6-C Tournament instead of relenting and suggesting Sion would've been a better move.
what key of Shiki? and are 1-A smurfs even allowed in these tournament things?

oh and to the OP, i'm voting for Nacht now after seeing these recent post. probably wins 8/10 to 9/10 times.

Can you even use that? Asta's precog and Sion's precog couldn't be more different, it would be like saying that dragon ball gods resist status analysis because you can't feel their ki.

Can you even use that? Asta's precog and Sion's precog couldn't be more different, it would be like saying that dragon ball gods resist status analysis because you can't feel their ki.

Ki is not a power system in black clover, It is simply the energy given off during movement. So Idk why the Dragonball example

So Asta is merely using all his senses to predict and his body reacts instinctively. While Sion predicts her opponent's next move and improves her reaction speed.

Asta's precog has a better product, it doesnt matter how they arrive at the result of their prediction as long as one prediction is better than the other. I hope this helps, if it doesn't meh. Ill let @Kazuma_kuwabara handle it since im busy.

Ki is not a power system in black clover, It is simply the energy given off during movement. So Idk why the Dragonball example

So Asta is merely using all his senses to predict and his body reacts instinctively. While Sion predicts her opponent's next move and improves her reaction speed.

Asta's precog has a better product, it doesnt matter how they arrive at the result of their prediction as long as one prediction is better than the other. I hope this helps, if it doesn't meh. Ill let @Kazuma_kuwabara handle it since im busy.
I'm saying that it does matter. Nacht negates Asta's precog, who precogs based on instinct and senses. There's no reason to assume it would work on Sion, who precogs based on calculations and probabilities

edit: forgot 2 words

I'm saying that it does matter. Nacht negates Asta's precog, who precogs based on instinct and senses. There's no reason to assume it would work on Sion, who precogs based on calculations and probabilities

edit: forgot 2 words
Isn’t utilizing senses to predict the next move similar to calculating the next move? And isn’t basing things off instinct just basing things off probabilities?

honestly I just think it’s a case of one sounding cooler than the other. They are essentially the same concepts.

Isn’t utilizing senses to predict the next move similar to calculating the next move? And isn’t basing things off instinctive just you basing things off probabilities?

honestly I just think it’s a case of one sounding cooler than the other. They are essentially the same concepts.
it comes down to evidence. Nacht could have the ability to be totally unpredictable and counter any form of natural precognition, but he could also dull your sixth sense or hide his presence/ki, and considering his profile, which mentions his ability to do the latter multiple times, that seems to be the best assumption. Then considering how Sion's precog work (ie: using your knowledge of your opponent and the world as a whole, calculate the most likely course of action) , it wouldn't matter.

Yeah that’s why I said Asta is better many posts ago simply on the fact that She has no knowledge on Nacht. Asta can gain knowledge himself without having to meet the person thanks to his senses.

that's beside the point. His precog being advantageous in some way doesn't make it superior, and it definitively doesn't mean that anything that could negate his precog would also negate hers, for the reasons I mentioned above.

is the map being taken into consideration btw? Sion already was capable of retreating into a forest against someone stronger and faster than her and set up etherlite traps immediately. if she realizes she's being overwhelmed, it seems like she'd have multiple places to retreat and immediately set up etherlite traps that can be put there on the spot. and i doubt she would be immediately tagged by him.

that's beside the point. His precog being advantageous in some way doesn't make it superior, and it definitively doesn't mean that anything that could negate his precog would also negate hers, for the reasons I mentioned above.

You haven't said why the unpredictability + stealth mastery + speed advantage doesn't counter her precog. Especially when stealth and unpredictability have countered precog more advantageous than hers. Instead, you used an example that is related to your idea but unrelated to both characters, expecting us to think it they are different by default.

is the map being taken into consideration btw? Sion already was capable of retreating into a forest against someone stronger and faster than her and set up etherlite traps immediately. if she realizes she's being overwhelmed, it seems like she'd have multiple places to retreat and immediately set up etherlite traps that can be put there on the spot. and i doubt she would be immediately tagged by him.
The range is too low for her to somehow go past someone with multiple-speed amps in the dark, who can teleport through her OWN shadow. and/or spawn arms beneath her feet.

C'mon, why did i laugh thinking about this...

You haven't said why the unpredictability + stealth mastery + speed advantage doesn't counter her precog. Especially when stealth and unpredictability have countered precog more advantageous than hers. Instead, you used an example that is related to your idea but unrelated to both characters, expecting us to think it they are different by default.
First, idk why you would assume that he is unpredictable, what I said is that out of the possible reasons for asta's precog not working on him, unpredictability would also affect sion's precog, but there's no evidence that that's the reason, and instead we have multiple evidences that it's his ability to conceal his ki

Second, for his ability to hide his ki and mana to be relevant, Sion would need to use that in her precog, but she doesn't. She simply uses her mind combined with spells to calculate probabilities and figure out the most likely move for the opponent to use, being able to use it against faster, stronger and more durable opponents than her like Arcueid or TATARI to even the odds.

Third, speed advantage is totally unrelated to precog.

First, idk why you would assume that he is unpredictable, what I said is that out of the possible reasons for asta's precog not working on him, unpredictability would also affect sion's precog, but there's no evidence that that's the reason, and instead we have multiple evidences that it's his ability to conceal his ki

Concealing "Ki" makes yourself unpredictable to those who analyze movements and so on. That's why I said he is unpredictable.

Second, for his ability to hide his ki and mana to be relevant, Sion would need to use that in her precog, but she doesn't. She simply uses her mind combined with spells to calculate probabilities and figure out the most likely move for the opponent to use, being able to use it against faster, stronger and more durable opponents than her like Arcueid or TATARI to even the odds.

With her mind does she not need to have knowledge of the character for her predictions to be accurate? How would she know arms are going to come out of the shadow below her... with her mind. And what spells exactly? By the way, does she have resistance to power nullification because Mana Zone can negate spells? and the darkness currently surrounding her is his manazone.

Basically,

Can she make predictions with limited knowledge of powers without making guesses? Yeah i guess.

Can she make predictions in pitch-black darkness? Probably not.

Can she make predictions on things she has never seen before? Like someone or tons of hands capable of appearing from her shadow undetected.

Third, speed advantage is totally unrelated to precog.

If one is faster than the reaction speed of a precog user, precog is pretty useless. The typical "What is the point of predicting me if you can't dodge it?"

Concealing "Ki" makes yourself unpredictable to those who analyze movements and so on. That's why I said he is unpredictable.
It makes you unpredictable to those who detect ki. Unlike what you might think at first, ki in black clover isn't just what they call your everything, it's a special kind of energy some people can feel to predict your moves. Again, it's irrelevant in a fight against sion who doesn't use ki or an equivalent in her predictions.
With her mind does she not need to have knowledge of the character for her predictions to be accurate? How would she know arms are going to come out of the shadow below her... with her mind. And what spells exactly? By the way, does she have resistance to power nullification because Mana Zone can negate spells? and the darkness currently surrounding her is his manazone.
She could use her predictions to an extent against Shiki, probably the most unpredictable character of the tsukiverse, and wouldn't know much about post-tsukihime Arcueid either, since her personality and fighting style totally changed. The spells she uses are things like memory partition and thought acceleration to increase her ability to think.

As shown in her profile, she does resist power null.
Basically,
Can she make predictions with limited knowledge of powers without making guesses? Yeah i guess.
she can
Can she make predictions in pitch-black darkness? Probably not.
to a lesser extent, but she should still be able to do it. She resists sense manipulation too
Can she make predictions on things she has never seen before? Like someone or tons of hands capable of appearing from her shadow undetected.
That's what she does most of the time. I don't think you get it but her precog isn't just based on knowledge. The movements of her opponent, fluctuations etc... are all factors she can account for. It's at a point where, outside of a fight and with more time obviously, she can accurately predict something as baseless as "an alien will bleach the world"
If one is faster than the reaction speed of a precog user, precog is pretty useless. The typical "What is the point of predicting me if you can't dodge it?"
with speed equalized, nacht advantage is his ability to amp his speed, which 1. isn't overwhelming and 2.gives her time to think and kill him with etherlite. Even if she is slower, she can aimdodge, or even better, just kill him with etherlite before he kills her with shadow hands and be done with it

It makes you unpredictable to those who detect ki. Unlike what you might think at first, ki in black clover isn't just what they call your everything, it's a special kind of energy some people can feel to predict your moves. Again, it's irrelevant in a fight against sion who doesn't use ki or an equivalent in her predictions.

She could use her predictions to an extent against Shiki, probably the most unpredictable character of the tsukiverse, and wouldn't know much about post-tsukihime Arcueid either, since her personality and fighting style totally changed. The spells she uses are things like memory partition and thought acceleration to increase her ability to think.

As shown in her profile, she does resist power null.

she can

to a lesser extent, but she should still be able to do it. She resists sense manipulation too

That's what she does most of the time. I don't think you get it but her precog isn't just based on knowledge. The movements of her opponent, fluctuations etc... are all factors she can account for. It's at a point where, outside of a fight and with more time obviously, she can accurately predict something as baseless as "an alien will bleach the world"

with speed equalized, nacht advantage is his ability to amp his speed, which 1. isn't overwhelming and 2.gives her time to think and kill him with etherlite. Even if she is slower, she can aimdodge, or even better, just kill him with etherlite before he kills her with shadow hands and be done with it

Okay, this is getting ridiculous.

KI IS A TERM USED IN BC FOR LIFE, NOT A SPECIAL ENERGY, AND STOP COMPARING IT TO POWER SYSTEMS.

KI can be defined as a vague term that describes the literal movements or actions of everything. The breathing, muscle twitches, walking, talking, eye twitching, head-bopping, fist-pumping, someone looking at you, a vague sense that they are there is all what life energy is in Black Clover. By saying Sion doesn't have Ki, is saying Sion doesn't exist. Sion's movements, her breathing, and her looking at something EVERYTHING SHE DOES IS KI.

Asta has taken this to supernatural levels with only his 5 senses.

- Sensing emotions contrary to what the target displays.

- Someone who has no magic whatsoever can sense supernatural powers like magic and know where the magic is coming from and who owns that magic. You need magic to sense magic and he does this with his five senses.

- Asta can predict the Ki of things that have NO LIFE. Like Falling Rocks.

- Asta can predict and react to danmaku from Elf Gauche with his eyes closed.

- EVEN THE FIRST TIME ASTA MASTERED IT, HIS FIRST TEST WAS TO REACT TO SOMEONE THAT TELEPORT THEIR ATTACKS TO HIM FROM UNPREDICTABLE ANGLES.

READ WHAT @Kazuma_kuwabara SENT.

Asta and Sion's Precogs are similar, Sion's sounds cooler but if you look at the feats, ASTA'S BETTER.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHY SION GETS TORN APART

shadow arms tears her apart, why?

1. Nacht spawns arms from her shadow. She can not out run her own shadow. The arms can't be detected by those who can detect magic.

2. His Mana Zone turns the entire place into darkness and thus letting him attack from any angle.

3. He has the speed advantage with Mana Zone, Reinforcement Magic, Felis Mode. He has stealth mastery from literally hiding in the shadows, all of which (especially stealth) he can use to dodge Etherlite btw.

4. HE CAN LITERALLY PARALYZE HER WITH CHARACTERISTIC CALL THAT PARALYZES WHO EVER HEARS A BELL. not meant to be in all cpas but whatever

5. Her precognition wont work because Nacht has dealt with Asta's superior precog

Okay Im done voting Nacht.

Goodnight.

Last edited:

KI IS A TERM USED IN BC FOR LIFE, NOT A SPECIAL ENERGY, AND STOP COMPARING IT TO POWER SYSTEMS.

KI can be defined as a vague term that describes the literal movements or actions of everything. The breathing, muscle twitches, walking, talking, eye twitching, head-bopping, fist-pumping, someone looking at you, a vague sense that they are there is all what life energy is in Black Clover. By saying Sion doesn't have Ki, is saying Sion doesn't exist. Sion's movements, her breathing, and her looking at something EVERYTHING SHE DOES IS KI.

- Someone who has no magic whatsoever can sense supernatural powers like magic and know where the magic is coming from and who owns that magic. You need magic to sense magic and he does this with his five senses.

- EVEN THE FIRST TIME ASTA MASTERED IT, HIS FIRST TEST WAS TO REACT TO SOMEONE THAT TELEPORT THEIR ATTACKS TO HIM FROM UNPREDICTABLE ANGLES.

Asta and Sion's Precogs are similar, Sion's sounds cooler but if you look at the feats, ASTA'S BETTER.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHY SION GETS TORN APART

1. Nacht spawns arms from her shadow. She can not out run her own shadow. The arms can't be detected by those who can detect magic.

2. His Mana Zone turns the entire place into darkness and thus letting him attack from any angle.

3. He has the speed advantage with Mana Zone, Reinforcement Magic, Felis Mode. He has stealth mastery from literally hiding in the shadows, all of which (especially stealth) he can use to dodge Etherlite btw.

4. HE CAN LITERALLY PARALYZE HER WITH CHARACTERISTIC CALL THAT PARALYZES WHO EVER HEARS A BELL. not meant to be in all cpas but whatever

5. Her precognition wont work because Nacht has dealt with Asta's superior precog

Goodnight.
Okay chill, you just being so heated right now with all of those caps lock and things like that

Last edited:
i wasn't really committing to a vote yet, but couldn't Sion move to a dark place where she wouldn't have a shadow?

what is the actual speed difference here anyways? was it even significant?

Sion seems to resist paralysis on her profile.

he is not dodging getting trapped in a cage of etherlite if it actually happens. and if Sion moves into a building or a closed area, it'd be an even bigger problem.

the only real issue here is the shadow thing. but i assume the hands don't instantly spawn on her and come out from her shadow to grab her. that could be avoid with a light jump, which would displace her shadow and get her out of range of the arms. it would just require constant dodging and negated entirely if she went to a darker place where there is no shadow yeah? i honestly think the match is a good one.

and i am convinced that Sion's precog being different in nature still keeps it relevant here.

i'm on the verge of voting. i just want to get some of this cleared up.

right
It's a good thing I didn't say that she doesn't HAVE ki then, I said that her precog doesn't USE it

that's still not how it works. And this is the last time I'm repeating myself. Hiding your ki is useless against Sion, just like hiding data about you is useless against Asta. It has NO effect on her precog
WHY SION GETS TORN APART

she can outrun the arms.
she can outrun the arms.
ah, yes, let's have him dodge the invisible weapons that can attack him from every direction
She resists it
still not how it works

Goodnight.
and I'm voting for Sion.

Back