• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, Skyfathers and Hell Lords are 2-C while Strange is 2-A/Low 1-C right now lol, so apparently it is controversial.

No, he’s 2-A/Low 1-C after the whole “merging with Eternity” thing. And it’s implied that’s not a situational thing, as Strange refers to that as the level of the Ancient One (who went through the same trials).

Thank you. I greatly appreciate your ongoing help.

Question, would this also buff Cosmic Cubes' rating?

Edit: Also, Hela probably shouldn't scale imo. While Hela did power a sword that could kill Odin, it could only kill Odin due to him being in the Odinsleep (The New Mutants #83). Hell, it's even said that he's more exhausted than he's been in living memory (The New Mutants #82). Odin also rather casually killed and revived Hela in Thor #190. I'm also not sure if she scales to Mephisto, as she's been portrayed as being only slightly above weaker Hell Lords like Asmodeus and even gets one-shot by an Out of Realm Mephisto after (X-Factor #254). In terms of feats, unless I missed any, the only one I see is the Omniversal Armegeddon one, which refers to a war between their armies rather than a straight up battle. I actually do think this can be attributed to Mephisto, as when he challenged every soul in his realm to a battle together, none dared face him (Daredevil #279), but I'm not aware of any similar scan for Hela. If there's any feats for Hela to scale her this high within this thread I missed out on, just tell me.

Last edited:
We should've nuked that page already, the research for characters whose rating are effected by this got halted tho due to citation revision

We should've nuked that page already, the research for characters whose rating are effected by this got halted tho due to citation revision
Which page? Also, I'm extremely out of the loop on what's going on here, what's the citation revision? I could only assume it's adding citations to wiki pages.

If there's any feats for Hela to scale her this high within this thread I missed out on, just tell me.
Strange directly admitted inferiority to Hela, referring to himself (as well as Wanda and Clea) as pathetic in comparison. Plus (already on her profile) Blackheart didn’t want to fight her and she easily dispatched Bor.

Also I just remembered a feat, although I don’t have the scans of it on me. Didn’t Mephisto survive a blast from Franklin Richards? Albeit, he was injured afterwards, but it’s still a good supporting feat.

Also I just remembered a feat, although I don’t have the scans of it on me. Didn’t Mephisto survive a blast from Franklin Richards? Albeit, he was injured afterwards, but it’s still a good supporting feat.
That's a confusing one. However, in I think Mephisto Vs. #1, it's revealed that he was temporarily dissipated and apparently attacked by Franklin right when he lost his amp. That seems to be what happened in the original story as well (Fantastic Four #277).

Ah, so that doesn’t work as a dura feat. Never mind then.

A lot of the scaling isn’t even related to Yggdrasil though lmao

Eh, you can get Odin scaling to a 2-A Yggdrasil with only 1 cosmology. For example:
Those are all from Matt Fraction, so one cosmology. Here's another example:
Once again, all under the pen of 1 writer, in this case being Tom DeFalco. Maybe for Low 1-C you need to mix different cosmologies, but you can get him to 2-A via one author's stories pretty easily.

Well, Marvel is very inconsistent in this regard, and Odin goes up and down in tiers like a yo-yo, but as I mentioned earlier, it does come across as a bit strange to keep him and Mephisto so far below classic Dormammu and Cyttorak.

Modern Dormammu is a pushover of course, due to that the Marvel writers all seem to hate the character, but nevertheless.

Modern Dormammu is a pushover of course, due to that the Marvel writers all seem to hate the character, but nevertheless.
Yeah, Modern Dormammu could honestly be 4-B, that’s how weak they’ve made him after Defenders.

I would say 7-C or so at times. He was almost beaten by Cyclops once.

This is literally saying that the other infinite iceber is not part of yggdrasil
I'm not sure about that. Here's the quote:
The Asgardian World Tree is kind of a map, okay? The Nine Words you recognize as being a part of Yggdrasil are just the tip of... a maybe Infinite Iceberg.
The Infinite Iceberg is Yggdrasil, and the Nine Words are just the tip of it. I mean, his point here is literally that there is more to Yggdrasil than the 9 realms.
You might believe there are only Nine Worlds, but brother, I'm here to tell you... there's more and they're hungry.

Personally, I believe that Skyfathers are within the ranges of Low 1-C. However, I do disagree with some of what Tracer's points, which I will list down below.

Disagreements with Tracer
And that's pretty much with my disagreements with some of Tracer's arguments. However, right now, I'll expand upon his arguments, supporting him, as I mentioned before, I believe that Skyfathers are within the ranges of Low 1-C.

Yggdrasil

Odin
There are many more feats I could show, but this reply is big already.​

Last edited:
They demonstrate non-tier 2 and tier 1 stuff far more often lol.

Also taking Norse Mythology creation myths as literal in Marvel is extremely questionable because they change all the time. At one point the Ymir story was literally fake bullshit that Odin made up.

They demonstrate non-tier 2 and tier 1 stuff far more often lol.

Also taking Norse Mythology creation myths as literal in Marvel is extremely questionable because they change all the time. At one point the Ymir story was literally fake bullshit that Odin made up.
I disagree, as it's been stated more than once that all mythologies, though some contradict one another, they all basically coexist in this some odd system of belief, as stated below, from Thor Annual #10 (1966).
What this essentially says that all myths are real, even though they contradict one another. And it's supported again as recently as History of the Marvel Universe #1 (2019)--both by Galactus and the guide near the end of the issue.
Again, it's confirmed that all myths and beliefs aren't fiction. It's all true, as confirmed by quantum cosmologist Dr. Eric Solvang.
Also, about the statement of Odin's one eye saying that the creation story was apparently "fake"...
That was published in April 1980, and guess what, Thor still believes that his father did do all of these, as seen in Thor: Blood Oath, approximately 25 years after Thor #294. It's still taken as fact, not something Odin made up.
This was also confirmed in Thor: Dissassembled.
Wanna know why? Because Buri, Odin's great grandfather, confirms that what the eyeball told Thor was bullshit, and that Odin's word is the truth.
He's literally saying, "Um, Thor, do you really wanna believe a floating eyeball over your father, the dude who raised you to the badass warrior you are now?" And even if it wasn't what that meant, Walt Simonson retcons this and says that the creation myth really is true.
It's again supported by a statement from Loki: Agent of Asgard.
And about the "different cosmologies because of different writers," no. In truth, Yggdrasil does indeed have infinite universes, not just nine realms, and does indeed span spacetime itself. It's just that Odin hid the true size of it by the Asgardians, as there were universes and realms that shouldn't be discovered. And those statements are supported by Dr. Solvang's previous statements.
In summary:
  1. The previous amount of realms of Yggdrasil have since then been retconned, and it's revealed that there are more than ten realms in Yggdrasil, as Odin hid its true size.

2. The eyeball stating that the creation of the world by Odin is nothing but a lie was, in fact, the liar itself.

3. All myths are true.

4. The creation legends are, in fact, true, as they're supported multiple times.

There is a banned member who wants me to link to his responses here. He is mentally ill, but still seems to make some decent points.

Yes. I feel sorry for him. It did not feel right to have to ban him, given his mental illness and that he is harmless, but he kept interrupting and derailing threads to an extreme degree.

There is a banned member who wants me to link to his responses here. He is mentally ill, but still seems to make some decent points.

With all due respect

Are we seriously using the word of a banned user whom you have admitted has obvious issues in this thread

Like I disagree with OP too but damn this is odd for you to do

I'm sorry if this is coming out as mean, but why are you trusting the word of a clearly mentally damaged individual, and such a thing is seen with the way he formats his arguments. Not only that, but you clearly admitted that you had issues with him in the past. He is mentally challenged--that I know--but you had the right to ban him. In my opinion, he shouldn't have some sort of contribution in this thread, shouldn't have his word taken as truth--as that'd be the argument of appealing to authority, which is obviously not good--and, well, he's a banned user, and the reason being--from the information and description you've given me--toxicity.

Please note that my little brother also has mental issues (which I will not tell for the sake of privacy), and I don't want to come across a person who insults people for having a mental illness, for that would be offending my brother, too. Just note the fact that he's a banned member. (I'm also not reading it all because--and I'm sorry if this is mean--it's cluttered and messed up.)

Last edited:
Well, I used to be mentally ill myself several years ago, so I sympathise, and he seemed to make a few good points, so I wanted to link to his arguments at least.

I'm only going to respond to the part responding to me.
The cosmologist in question didn't just refer to Yggdrasil nor did he directly mentioned Yggdrasil.
Yes he did. He literally says he's explaining the Asgardian World Tree at the start of the speech bubble. Let's look at this quote one more time.
The Asgardian World Tree is kind of a map, okay? The Nine Words you recognize as being a part of Yggdrasil are just the tip of... a maybe Infinite Iceberg.
The Nine Worlds are a part of an Iceberg possibly Infinite in comparison. Based off of context, what he's explaining is the World Tree and he talks about how the Nine Worlds are only a part of Yggdrasil earlier in the sentence, so I can't see how he couldn't be referring to Yggdrasil. Sorry if I articulated this poorly btw. The next lines are pretty much just him saying that I'm taking things out of context, something I already gave my take on, so I'll skip them.
Anyway now that is out of the way, inform all parties in that CRT, that I am currently investigating the claims made by each users and see if their interpretation is valid or not.

As I do not support this Yggdrasil being supposedly Low 1C that is being claimed by the users in questions.
Sorry if I didn't make this clear before, I don't think Odin and Mephisto scale to Low 1-C. My preferred rating for them would be "2-C, possibly 2-A."

Back