• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how many votes does this need to apply? Also if this goes through is weakened Hela getting upgraded as well?

The world crushing statement wouldn't be enough to qualify for a Tier 5 rating imo. It would only really apply if Surter was physically larger than the planet.

If you're being literal, how does one crush a planet without being planetary size? You can't. Which is why I said it doesn't seem like a Tier 5 statement.
Maybe because the statement isn’t being literal in terms of size. What do you think when someone says “I’m gonna crush you” do think that they’re literally gonna squeeze you or do you think they’re gonna beat you up? Even if it’s not, Hela straight up saying his power is greater then the tesseracts is quite blatant

Maybe because the statement isn’t being literal in terms of size.
It's just not enough to get past the hyperbolic stage in my view. Crush is far more more hyperbolic than break or destroy.
What do you think when someone says “I’m gonna crush you”
I think they're going to defeat the person. The issue is that you can't defeat an object like a planet. You can "Crush a planet" by subduing it, killing everyone, causing an extinction level event, or breaking it to pieces. You can't determine which one it is based on that statement and Surter has no other Tier 5 showings. So to default to Tier 5 just doesn't make sense in my view.
Even if it’s not, Hela straight up saying his power is greater then the tesseracts is quite blatant
She doesn't though or at least not directly. She calls the Tesseract not bad and then asks him if he wants to see True Power when she resurrects a bunch of fodder Asgardians and Fenris. Are those zombie Asgardians gunned down by some M16s > the Tesseract?

She doesn't though or at least not directly. She calls the Tesseract not bad and then asks him if he wants to see True Power when she resurrects a bunch of fodder Asgardians and Fenris. Are those zombie Asgardians gunned down by some M16s > the Tesseract?
Bad logic

Fodder Asgardians ressurected by a small portion of the flame =/ the flames full power when the entire thing is absorbed by Surtur

Also Hela's statement is about as direct as it gets in terms of implying superiority

It's just not enough to get past the hyperbolic stage in my view. Crush is far more more hyperbolic than break or destroy.
It’s clearly not referring to his size as we have seen how big he is and it’s a supporting statement so I don’t see the problem here
I think they're going to defeat the person. The issue is that you can't defeat an object like a planet. You can "Crush a planet" by subduing it, killing everyone, causing an extinction level event, or breaking it to pieces. You can't determine which one it is based on that statement and Surter has no other Tier 5 showings. So to default to Tier 5 just doesn't make sense in my view.
Ya and he can do the same with his sword. I already proposed him being “likely tier 5” not just tier 5
She literally refers to it as “true power” and ranks them by strength so idk what your talking about.

Btw @Qawsedf234, what do you think about scaling Hela/Surtur above the Casket of Ancient Winters since she considers it as weak?
That's probably fine. Or at least I don't see an issue with it.
Ya and he can do the same with his sword. I already proposed him being “likely tier 5” not just tier 5
I mean these are the qualifiers

Likely​

Should be used to list a statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be favourable. This term should be used sparingly.

Possibly​

Should be used to list a statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be notable, but mild. This term should be used sparingly.
The statement doesn't seem to be "favorable" or "notable" since its just that and nothing else.

I get Tier 6 to whatever degree it is, but Tier 5 is just unsupported and shouldn't be mentioned in my view.

That's probably fine. Or at least I don't see an issue with it.

I mean these are the qualifiers

The statement doesn't seem to be "favorable" or "notable" since its just that and nothing else.

I get Tier 6 to whatever degree it is, but Tier 5 is just unsupported and shouldn't be mentioned in my view.
Hela literally says his power his stronger along with having a supporting stament. How is that not “favorable”?

Since everyone agrees with the High 6-B+ upgrades via upscaling from the Casket of Ancient Winters, could that be applied now for the time being?

Dude we literally see what Asgard looks like. We have calced its destruction. 5-B is based on destroying an Earth sized planet and he never does anything close to that. It's why I mentioned Gorr's moon. It's a moon (I guess) but its astronomically tiny and blowing it up wouldn't yield anything remotely close to 5-C.
Oh cool so you’ve seen every single feat his ever accomplished throughout his life time right? You definitely have more knowledge then the thousand year old character in-universe who has extensive knowledge on Odin’s weapons correct?

Oh cool so you’ve seen every single feat his ever accomplished throughout his life time right?
You have to prove an assertion. Surtur has nothing to back a 5-B rating outside of a statement that can easily just be talking about Asgard. The Tier 6 stuff I won't argue against but I'm not for a 5-B rating.

So are we waiting for the CRT to finish to apply the upgrades or will they be done today?
It couldn't be applied originally considering it was just Marvel giving their approval and LordTracer skimming it.

But if they both disagree with my take then it can be applied whenever that time limit runs out.

You have to prove an assertion. Surtur has nothing to back a 5-B rating outside of a statement that can easily just be talking about Asgard. The Tier 6 stuff I won't argue against but I'm not for a 5-B rating.
Hela literally says his power is greater than a tier 5 item what are you talking about. You have to prove she wasn’t referring to his strength. Like I’m not even saying his straight up tier 5 just likely
So are we waiting for the CRT to finish to apply the upgrades or will they be done today?
i guess we’ll wait and see if any mod has any other say, if not then surtur we’ll only be bumped up to like tier 6-a or b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back