• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Simon is trending, so let’s keep the momentum going shall we?
This is also a match that has been done back in 2017, so a trip down memory lane for those who were around at that time

The title is a play on both of their abilities, because they both have attacks that can reach other points in time

Simon the Digger (Episodes 17-26/Lagann-hen) vs Zen’ō

Rules:
  • Simon has Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann
  • Simon also has prior knowledge on Zen’ō
  • Simon has 30 seconds of prep time
  • Speed Equalized

Who will win?
Probability Manipulation GG: 7 (Baken384, ElixirBlue, Chariot190, FluffyCreatureZ, StrawHatArslan, Sonicflare9, Oleggator)
Existence Erasure GG:
Both Hax Each Other to Death:

Last edited:
I think Simon would probably take this since i think Zeno wouldn't immediately erase SGGL since it looks pretty cool in his perspective (Unless he is already annoyed and wants to erase the whole thing) and since Simon has Batman's ace weapon, which is prep time for like 30 seconds and has knowledge on Zeno that he could essentially wipe him down in a mere instant then Im sure he will oof Zeno as fast as he can once the match starts.

I think Simon would probably take this since i think Zeno wouldn't immediately erase SGGL since it looks pretty cool in his perspective (Unless he is already annoyed and wants to erase the whole thing) and since Simon has Batman's ace weapon, which is prep time for like 30 seconds and has knowledge on Zeno that he could essentially wipe him down in a mere instant then Im sure he will oof Zeno as fast as he can once the match starts.
Just saying, I had these rules in mind, because I thought that Zen'ō would immediately go for the erase, and it takes Simon at most 30 seconds to charge his Mega Vortex Maelstrom Cannon, which is the only thing he has that matters (along with Dimensional Travel, but he likely wouldn't use it, because Simon probably would never just run off to a different dimension to attack an enemy). But, counted

I have a question tho, can the MMVC even harm Zeno? Like if Zeno was, say 2-C, in the past, that would mean that the MMVC is useless.

What can Simon do?
I'm pretty sure nothing. I don't MMVC can actually harm Zeno? Like what Goku, we know Goku wasn't always 3-A, meaning he can die to the MMVC, but with Zeno, he's only shown to be 2-C in the past, meaning if MMVC shooting in the past would be ineffective meaning his weapons would be ineffective.

Seems like a stomp ngl

I'm pretty sure nothing. I don't MMVC can actually harm Zeno? Like what Goku, we know Goku wasn't always 3-A, meaning he can die to the MMVC, but with Zeno, he's only shown to be 2-C in the past, meaning if MMVC shooting in the past would be ineffective meaning his weapons would be ineffective.

Seems like a stomp ngl
what does the mmvc do?

It attacks the opponent across all points throughout time and space, including your past and future self

When did durability negation did it happen?
When Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann fought the Ashtanga. The Ashtanga was far inferior to SGGL, so much so that Simon could destroy one of them in a single attack. As for the other Ashtanga, well... it used probability altering missiles, and managed to actually damage SGGL

Aren't the Ashtange like, glass cannons? The probability atering missiles altered the probability of SGGL's defenses working. It didn't lower it's durability

Aren't the Ashtange like, glass cannons? The probability atering missiles altered the probability of SGGL's defenses working. It didn't lower it's durability
That’s what Durability Negation is, it’s not Statistics Reduction. Normally, we assume a character’s AP is comparable to their durability, unless there’s contradiction. If SGGL can destroy the Ashtanga in one shot, the gap between them should be so large that the Ashtanga shouldn’t even be able to make Simon even feel any significant damage. Therefore, it’s safe to assume SGGL uses Durability Negation, in a similar way to the Ashtanga, as they can also manipulate quantum probability in order to get such desired results

Sggl doesn't have durability negation, and the mmvc doesn't damage zeno because of how that guy said it works, zeno should stomp.

Sggl doesn't have durability negation, and the mmvc doesn't damage zeno because of how that guy said it works, zeno should stomp.
Yes he does, so my explanation is just irrelevant right? I literally explained how SGGL could have Durability Negation, because the Ashtanga, who is far inferior to Simon, to the point where it could be one shot by him, was able to actually damage him very significantly. SGGL is also due for a profile revision, like the profile has been around since the beginning of the wiki

Yes he does, so my explanation is just irrelevant right? I literally explained how SGGL could have Durability Negation, because the Ashtanga, who is far inferior to Simon, to the point where it could be one shot by him, was able to actually damage him very significantly. SGGL is also due for a profile revision, like the profile has been around since the beginning of the wiki
How does damaging someone far superior to you immediately mean durability negation? It could just mean that thing has low durability but high AP, so actually prove that it's durability negation.

How does damaging someone far superior to you immediately mean durability negation? It could just mean that thing has low durability but high AP, so actually prove that it's durability negation.
It’s durability can’t be lower than it’s AP, because the mecha is literally powered by the same Spiral Power that did a 3-A feat. Throughout the entire story, the AP has always depended on the level of Spiral Power the pilot has, same for its durability. Hell, even the first Ashtanga threw entire planets at SGGL, and did nothing, like at all. The argument that a planetoid can’t possibly hurt a 3-A, can’t be used, because Granzeboma threw 11D galaxies at another Tengen Toppa Gunmen, who is comparable to TTGL, which was stated by light novel 4, to have infinite Power running the thing. So, it really comes down to the thing that throws it. Why does this argument matter? Because the first Ashtanga attacked SGGL, and it did nothing, the second Ashtanga attacked SGGL, but with Probability Altering Missiles, and all of a sudden, it’s capable of damaging Simon? Idk, sounds like Durability Negation to me

Not sure

i’m convinced it’s not a stomp, I just don’t know who’s winning

Back