• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

0.5 Second Unconsciousness

Ciruno Fortes said:
It's not a pseudo-precog to dodge an old man's attack when he's clearly being confident as heck beating someone as famous as you.
Nor showing confidence and belief and knowledge in a character you already know of.

But alright. Let's see he's close to these examples who are ambushing him

Example 1 - A famous boxer

Example 2 - A martial artist that is very obscure but very skilled

Example 3 - Light Yagami, who's nearby and writing his name on the Death Note

Example 4 - He's fighting against a guy who can manipiulate lightning but can attack in various ways.
He deals with overconfidence all the time, even from people that know his strength. He showed genuine shock on the punch before it made any impact, despite IA likely telling Yujiro that Kaku is 10-C

Ex 1) Pseudo precog bc Yujiro knows his entire style and every possible move he could make. He also has normal human anatomy, so human movements are to be expected and dealt with

Ex 2) As soon as he takes a stance or uses a move, see Ex 1

Ex 3) Can't see him, it only acts as danger sense. If he could see him, he could precog Light writing his name, possibly that something bad would result (but I doubt it)

Ex 4) If we're talking bending, he can pseudo precog the guy's movements and aim dodge his attacks, if we're talking something like shoot lightning out of palms like a Sith, Yujiro would precog their palms being pointed at him, but no lightning

"Despite likely" sounds like an assumption. Again, that's more of a flaw of IA and seems to be him realizing said flaw at the last moment.

Ex 12) This sounds about right for both. However, what if it's a style he's never seen before? Is it still the same with 2? What if it's with a weapon.

Ex 3) Oh. Huh. Makes sense, that said please don't use precog when the proper term is predict.

Ex 4) Nah as in with literal he points his arms at you, and then lightning can come in from the sky, from his hands, or from the side and such. Second part answers it though. Yeah it makes sense when it's like that.

That said I hold some anti-feats for his prediction of every move.

https://s2.********.org/data/4ddffb1e519c1a800c5492fa8626df7c/x2.jpg

https://s2.********.org/data/4ddffb1e519c1a800c5492fa8626df7c/x3.jpg

https://s2.********.org/data/4ddffb1e519c1a800c5492fa8626df7c/x4.jpg

He reacted, but nothing is casual about his expression. If anything he's taking him seriously or is surprised. Considering it's Yujiro, likely latter. Some on his fights seem to imply he didn't expect certain things, and some of his things you can argue is prediction sounds like it falls more on experience. And he certainly didn't expect someone to interrupt his fight with Musashi.

Laptop dying, gtg!

Okay, let me reword. Despite IA definitely telling Yujiro that Kaku was 10-C because it's passive and Yujiro looked at Kaku.

Styles he's never seen before wouldn't be a problem due to his power mimicry feats. Basically, he sees it, he knows it. A stance, a move, whatever, so long as it's martial arts and it's humanly possible (to a degree). Weapons are tricky, but based on his fights with Gaia, Motobe, and Musashi, as well as his being able to solo all 5 convicts at once, I think it's the same to a potentially lesser degree.

PP or ES is what's used on his page

Anti feats are a slippery slope, and I'm not sure of the standards on the wiki about that (Krillin pelting Goku with a rock and it hurt, Sorbet yeeting Goku with a Ring Pop, etc)

We'll continue whenever you can get back, TTYL

I am back! Or at least I thought I was. the moment I finished this response I have to go.

Do you have any proof of IA revealing the old man to be exactly like that? It might just be his IA being imperfect or not as amazing as you claim it to be. Contradictions have already happened in this manga.

He instantly copies attacks he's seen for the first time? Any fight references? Chapters or such? And not yet done on Musashi's

Pseudo Precog, which is still false.

Anti feats are allowed when they're abundant. And so far I'm not seeing any strong backings of actual precogs of any description of him predicting the enemy mid fight to the level you claim he can do. Or rather he's actually more limited than we thought if he struggled and had to take a hit from Musashi to damage him.

Also anti-feats only exist if the feat at point is pretty conclusive. So far... all the prediction things that you claim him to be on the level of (predicting everything an enemy can do) isn't working out with how Yujiro keeps getting surprised by ambushes and being interrupted in a fight by an outsider.

Everything I have said could be easily debunked if you show me a situation where Yujiro is actively predicting an enemy and evading or such. TO prove that he immediately knows everything a person can do. But so far.... all I'm seeing is that he has really good experience and rather... Power stacking. That's as bad as calc stacking if it doesn't have backing and is contradicted by events. And none of these events are PIS.

Might as well edit this into a Baki revision thread but aight.

Honestly yeah. But you know what I think I'll just read Baki from start to finish too and gather an update log/respect thread. But I will be disagreeing with any sort of thread where you try to point out prediction. I'll make the thread

KGiffoni said:
Imo this is the closest we're ever getting to an accurate depiction of 0.5sU
That's a good explanation, but Itagaki still tries to ground the verse by making the timeframe 0.5 seconds, which is impossible considering all the speed feats we have for people it has affected. It's like how Doppo killing a tiger is considered impressive, or Oliva can only deadlift a ton, Doppo could go toe to toe with Yujiro, who did the earthquake punch, and Oliva works out with helicopters as weights

I know, i already gave my opinion on that. I think it's refered as "0.5s" because that's the norm for the average person, what is written in Nor's book.

I'm refering to the explanation. I think it's what is more befitting and what would work best.

KGiffoni said:
I know, i already gave my opinion on that. I think it's refered as "0.5s" because that's the norm for the average person, what is written in Nor's book.
I'm refering to the explanation. I think it's what is more befitting and what would work best.
I agree. I think that Itagaki perhaps went back and realized how confusing 0.5 seconds was to understand, and that the explanation you linked is him trying to clarify better

Back