• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Venom you’re right, as of now we don’t have anything else to go off of.

Also, the more I think about it, the class K lifting strength upgrade seems to be a clear outlier. It’s higher than Nomi’s feat which is stated multiple times to be something nobody in the verse aside from maybe Yujiro could replicate. And now all of a sudden we’re saying Base Baki can do more? Unless Nomi’s feat was done wrong and it’s higher than Class 100, I believe we shouldn’t use this class K feat to scale the verse’s top and god tiers.
This I guess

Oh nice, as long as that calc is still good we can add it with the class K calc and make some revisions. Most characters still scale to class K, but Nomi would get class M and Yujiro would get class K possibly class M.

Oh nice, as long as that calc is still good we can add it with the class K calc and make some revisions. Most characters still scale to class K, but Nomi would get class M and Yujiro would get class K possibly class M.
Disagree with possible and in my opinion he should just scale, if not then it should be a likely rating.

It should just be possibly. When he took coal in front of Obama, he just broke it with his grip, and even said that no man was able to turn coal into diamond. https://manganelo.com/chapter/hanma_baki/chapter_182 (Although, it's just a scanlation)

So, for the god tiers, we scale Low 7-B+, and the top tiers, Low 7-B or High 7-C+? It seemed that you agreed to a flat Low 7-B, but I'm just asking to not make mistakes.
I will apply all the changes to the tiering, you can apply those to the speed and the lifting strength.

It should just be possibly. When he took coal in front of Obama, he just broke it with his grip, and even said that no man was able to turn coal into diamond. https://manganelo.com/chapter/hanma_baki/chapter_182 (Although, it's just a scanlation)

So, for the god tiers, we scale Low 7-B+, and the top tiers, Low 7-B or High 7-C+? It seemed that you agreed to a flat Low 7-B, but I'm just asking to not make mistakes.
I will apply all the changes to the tiering, you can apply those to the speed and the lifting strength.
Low 7-B is the rating we agreed on.

Tho to be honest idk how to edit the profiles lol, at least yet. However for speed we already have everything done it’s just that now the top tier downscale to HIgh Hypersonic+ and for lifting strength top tiers get K and god tiers get M

all the scaling for speed was done here

One last question before making the changes once and for all. xD

How do we translate something like this?
"At least Low 7-B, likely Low 7-B+"
We make "At least Low 7-B, likely higher"?
Because if that's the case, it could get confusing until we look at the Attack potency more clearly.

For instance, Raitai Baki would have At least Low 7-B, likely higher with demon back, and Yujiro would have At least Low 7-B, likely higher.
It would require the user to look at the attack potency in more detail to see that there are differences between Low 7-B and Low 7-B+ that make those characters not really comparables.

It's just a minor issue, but I'd rather be careful.
Tho to be honest idk how to edit the profiles lol, at least yet. However for speed we already have everything done it’s just that now the top tier downscale to HIgh Hypersonic+ and for lifting strength top tiers get K and god tiers get M

all the scaling for speed was done here
I still prefer to have someone else than me do the modifications for speed and lifting strength, if you don't mind. As I don't perfectly understand those subjects.

Last edited:
Yes that's exactly how you deal with tiers that have +. All profiles that have (AP), likely (AP+) are reflected in the tiering as (AP), likely higher.

The Attack Potency section will be written out as Small City level, likely Small City level+.

Wait one more thing on Retsu profile he still had town level with Xiao lee. It should be changed to small city level+
Oh shit you're right.
what the **** is baki about
Pickle is a caveman who used to fight with dinosaurs back in the jurassic period and who was ressurected by SCIENCE.

Also quick question, I'm gonna create Joe Crazier's page. Should he be At most Low 7-B since he was able to knock Retsu out. Or 9-A since he's supposed to be Muhammad Ali's rival during his prime? I really don't know at all.

Edit : Forget this, Crazier is 36 years old during the warrior struggle arc, so I assume that it's a different character from the real life boxer, and that in Baki Ali didn't have his iconic rivalry with him since Ali is much older during that saga. I'll put him at Low 7-B.

Last edited:
Wait, why does Kaku have Low 7-B for his physicals? He's only Low 7-B through Xiao Lee.

Crazier is another character who like Retsu doesn’t belong in the same tier as everyone else. He can sit at Low 7-B for now but he likely won’t be there forever.

53848_eae88d1fce4c82ac20779233cb8cdbc7.jpeg

Ok so new speed scaling

Yujiro Hanma

High Hypersonic+,
likely Higher (Should be superior to Hitless Blow which is confirmed speed of Mach 78), Higher with techniques, Higher with Demon Back

Baki Hanma

At least High Hypersonic (Stronger and faster than at the end of NGB), Higher with Demon Back | High Hypersonic+, likely Higher (Scales to Yujiro), Higher with techniques, Higher with Demon Back

Musashi Miyamoto

High Hypersonic+
, likely Higher (Scales to Yujiro and Baki), even Higher at full power (Could fight on par with Yujiro with his Demon Back)

Yuichiro Hanma

High Hypersonic+,
likely Higher (Scales to or above Yujiro), Higher with Demon Back

Pickle

High Hypersonic
, likely Higher (Comparable to Baki)

Kaku Kaioh

High Hypersonic+
, likely Higher (Scales to his own Hitless Blow)

Nomu II

High Hypersonic+
(Scales to Baki)

Retsu

At least High Hypersonic (Comparable to Katsumi) | At least High Hypersonic, likely Higher (Forced Musashi to fight more serious)

Doppo (Prime)/ Doppo (Dou)

At least High Hypersonic , likely higher (Superior to his Baki Dou self; made Yujiro fight more serious); at least High Hypersonic+, with Sangan (Scales to Yujiro) | High Hypersonic (Could very slightly tag a casual Musashi)

Kaoru Hanayama

At least High Hypersonic (Could somewhat perceive a casual Yujiro’s movements. Although Tokugawa was unsure if he actually did) with Subsonic travel speed (Chased down a car and would've caught up to it eventually)

Goki Shibukawa

At least High Hypersonic (Reacted to Katsumi’s attacks)

Katsumi Orochi

At least High Hypersonic (Fast enough to strike Pickle even with his regular attacks), High Hypersonic+, via Hitless Blow (Confirmed to have a minimum speed of 1000 miles per minute or Mach 78) | At least High Hypersonic, likely Higher (By the time Katsumi had gotten Restu arm he had become far faster than before), higher with Retsu spirit, High Hypersonic+ via Hitless Blow

Biscuit Oliva

At least High Hypersonic (Much faster than SOO Base Baki, could attack Guevara before he could react)

Jack Hanma

At least High Hypersonic (Could land hits on Pickle until he got serious. Faster than before) | At least High Hypersonic (Faster than Motobe)

Izou Motobe

High Hypersonic
(Could tag a casual Musashi)

Ron Shobun

At least High Hypersonic (Consistently depicted as faster than Oliva even after the latter got serious), higher with Kenpo

Jun Guevaru

At least High Hypersonic (Together with Oliva could blitz and KO Baki before he could react)

Iwao Muneuchi

At most High Hypersonic (Could keep up with Prime Doppo while he had him off guard)

If I got any wrong you guys can fix lol

Last edited:
Last thinbefore tomorrow

All the top tiers should scale to Class K as Baki was very casual with that feat so for Baki it should go like

Class K (Can crush a stone with his bare hands)

And for those who scale it should just be

Class K (Comparable to SOO Baki)

For class M it should only scale to the god tiers

So like this for Nomi

Class M (Can crush coal into a diamond)

And for those who scale it should go the same

Class M (Comparable to Nomi no Sukune II)

Last think for there final keys Baki and Yujiro should get a higher with DM

And that all I believe

Baki crushed that rock during the Max tournament when he was talking about his mom to kozue, not during SOO.
We need a list and each key, "top tier" and "god tier" isn't self-speaking enough.

Besides of this, are people okay for the speed tiering?

Also if that feat was done during the maximum tournament it only further pushes it to be an outlier. I’ll have to disagree with the class K upgrades based on this new info.

Baki crushed that rock during the Max tournament when he was talking about his mom to kozue, not during SOO.
We need a list and each key, "top tier" and "god tier" isn't self-speaking enough.

Besides of this, are people okay for the speed tiering?
Oh then my bad, IDK why it was in Ratai to SOO of key then lol, and don’t worry I’ll get the list for you know since it’s Max tournament

Wasn’t that speed feat not useable? We should get some Calc group members to look at it.
Nah Armor said it was good to use. Sure we need to put it in a clac form but it’s still good.

Also if that feat was done during the maximum tournament it only further pushes it to be an outlier. I’ll have to disagree with the class K upgrades based on this new info.
Sorry G but gonna disagree, Outlier means by its definition “an event or incident that is considered to be completely and irreconcilably inconsistent with a character, entity, group, or series' normal displayed level of power”. And while being high having class K doesn’t really break anything especially since the god tiers are going to have class M.

I said it should be fine to use if the assumptions were correct, which I was told they were, but yeah it definitely needs to be put in a blog.

Created the grand sumo's profiles, feel free to edit their stats if you feel like they deserve others and take them into your next speed and Lifting strength edits.

That verse page is getting pretty long.

Last edited:
It extremely breaks the consistent showings of the verse. There’s multiple feats performed by characters who are comparable if not superior to maximum tournament Baki that are nowhere near Class K. It worked for SOO Baki since he was a top tier himself by then. Hanayama, Garland and Spec all have feats in the Class 5 to Class 25 range that were done with considerable effort. We also have Oliva who performs a Class 25 to Class 50 feat as a workout with considerable effort. When we have multiple feats like this that set a consistent level for the verse, a random feat that far exceeds that level is as clear as outliers get.

As for the calc, once it’s in a blog and approved we can use it. It shouldn’t be applied before that happens especially when it’s only assumed that the assumptions made in the calc are correct.

Also the sumo profiles seem to be good. I’d say Hono should just be flat out Low 7-B though. He stunned Baki sure, but Baki did get up with no damage only to taunt Hono right after. Baki also held back his strikes as to not kill Hono. We can discuss this though.

It extremely breaks the consistent showings of the verse. There’s multiple feats performed by characters who are comparable if not superior to maximum tournament Baki that are nowhere near Class K. It worked for SOO Baki since he was a top tier himself by then. Hanayama, Garland and Spec all have feats in the Class 5 to Class 25 range that were done with considerable effort. We also have Oliva who performs a Class 25 to Class 50 feat as a workout with considerable effort. When we have multiple feats like this that set a consistent level for the verse, a random feat that far exceeds that level is as clear as outliers get.

As for the calc, once it’s in a blog and approved we can use it. It shouldn’t be applied before that happens especially when it’s only assumed that the assumptions made in the calc are correct.
Ehh that’s fair lol.

For real tho re reading Baki wasa great time

All that’s need is to put it in a blog and we’ll be done.

When you lose class K but get class M
1*ON_d7DWgW8g8uu3EBntfNw.png

Ok but I got the scaling down for it

Who scales
Yujiro
Baki
Nomi
Pickle
Musashi
Hanayama
Goki with Akik

And I think that’s it. Do you guys believe that the other Sumos should scale?

Also in a bit I’ll get the blog for the speed feat

Not only that Ill add it later this night if everyone ok with the scaling

Last edited:
I just realised. If we need a tier so much for mid-tier characters, shouldn't we be using kinetic energy? I saw that Retsu at supersonic speed for example was already at 9-A itself.

Last edited:
Alright I did all the updates, now all thats needed no see who else scales and I also need help because idk how to do Blogs, unless someone can help.

Then I can do the speed changes and then will be done :)

Last edited:
I just realised. If we need a tier so much for mid-tier characters, shouldn't we be using kinetic energy? I saw that Retsu at supersonic speed for example was already at 9-A itself.
it needs to be an attack to qualify for KE in this wiki

Soda I think you should have waited a little before making all the lifting strength changes. We still had to discuss if any of the people you said would scale.

I stand by the idea that only Nomi should truly scale to his feat since it is stated by both Baki and the narrator to be an impossible feat for anyone else. With that said, Yujiro is considered to be someone who could do it regardless, with Baki even saying if anyone could do it, it’s Yujiro. So he should get a possibly class M rating.

Baki, Pickle and Musashi are all vastly weaker in the grip department than Hana who himself has no feats to put him on Nomi’s level. Hana could scale in the future when we hopefully see him and Nomi have a grip match, but until then I don’t think he should scale either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back