• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well since I've seen a few characters getting bumped tiers for the same reason i figured I'd give this a try. Anyone who's currently scaling to or above Zoro should be flat out High 7-A as opposed to 7-A+, the 7-A+ feat is coming from an extremely casual Pica which yields 838.527 Megatons of tnt. Zoro is able to butcher and slice apart his golems with ease and can even tank head on attacks from Pica, later on in the fight Zoro one shots Pica with relative ease. And this fight took place in Dressrosa, later on Zoro almost kills Hawkings several times and later one shots Killer, characters who should be at least equal to Dressrosa Zoro who can one shot Pica.

And with this method of scaling it could easily explain how Zoro was able to fight though Fujitora's Gravity attack, said attack didn't damage Zoro all too much and even forced Issho to block his Pound-Ho attack which also sent Issho back a bit. Verses like Fairy Tail and NNT have used methods of scaling like this for tier jumps and given how close these characters are already to baseline High 7-A i don't think it's far fetched to say that Zoro and co breach High 7-A.

As much as I don't like this upscaling, I can't disagree. Other verses do it as well, if they are allowed to do such, OP is as well

I personally think pre-enma Zoro should be low 6B from Asura and from Fuji (who should also be low 6B imo)

Other verses upscaling to the next tier are simply wrong. I'm not comfortable making Zoro an indeterminate value above Pica just because he one-shot Pica w/ Haki.

also, Fujitora is only ~2x stronger than him (currently), and was holding back, yet Fuji was still toying with him and came out as the dominant.

I disagree with the High 7-A upgrade.

I also disagree with the upgrade for the same reasons.

Well how's about a "Likely higher" at the end of his tier? Given the fact that the wiki accepted mutiple verses scaling like this I don't see the issue but I'm fine with whatever.

? We don't scale the Admirals as equal to Whitebeard, so why would we scale Zoro as being comparable to Fujitora when Fujitora wrecked him with casual effort, and all Zoro managed to do is push him back a few feet with a surprise ranged attack?

The answer is "no upgrade".

Saying Fuji wrecked Zoro is definitely reaching. First of all, Zoro wasn't expecting an attack from an Admiral, secondly he came off with a minimal amount of damage, lasty he overpowered Issho's gravity with a Pound-Ho attack, sending Fujitora back a bit and if you notice Fujitora's expression seems like he had to put effort into blocking.

Can't remember the manga scene but Fuji noted the air slashes in the anime were a threat to civilians, if he's toying with Zoro air slashes shouldn't be an issue, just apply more gravity or take him more serious.

LordWhis said:
Didn't G3 Luffy fail to push Fuji back at all ? So Zoro should be above him at the least.
No? Quite the opposite in fact.

Also pretty sure just pushing someone doesn't fully scale you to their durability.

No? He has no 6-B feats.

Let's not wank him up to Yonkou level without evidence, please.

Assuming Zoro scales to Pica and not his own feat with asura's previous known power he should still b High-7A due to the previous known 3 times increase,

Zoro should have at "at least High 7A with Asura" since we know he should be at least capable of this amount but at the same time we're scaling him off a one shot thus "at least" (+asura should based of Sanji and Luffy have been improved).

Don't know about the backscaling since I'm not really sure how it works.

Why "At least High 7-A"? The "At least" part seems completely speculative.

@Schnee One

Well at least I always prioritize the facts shown in the manga. Zoro never used Ashura is one of them. If he lost that power is unknown.

Also, we don't know how the ability will work after TS, so I disagree with using this reason to upgrade him until we see he using it.

@Rei Rubro; I agree. It's not really part of his demonstrated skillset Post-Timeskip.

I don't think Zoro lost that power, it's pretty evident that he's just not been forced to use it like with Kaku and The pacifista (his current fights haven't been serious threats at all Post-skip)

Just because Zoro hasn't used Asura yet doesn't mean he no longer has it. It makes no sense at all that Oda would completely get rid of Zoro's strongest technique pre-timeskip and not have him improve upon it like Luffy and Sanji did with their respective Enies Lobby power-up. All of Post 2 Year Training Zoro's attacks are just upgrades of his attacks from the first half of the story. In a recent example from Chapter 944, he tried to kill Orochi with 720 Pound Cannon, the improved version of 72 Pound Cannon.

Zoro definitely still has Asura, he just hasn't fought anyone yet that he needed to use it against.

I agree with the upgrades and the Zoro downplay is crazy

Also we do upscale characters like someone said above. Zoro literally one shotted pica who is already close to high 7A.

If the upscaling is used and regular Zoro becomes High 7-A then Asura should only be counted as "Higher with Asura" I personally don't agree with higher for Shishi sonson for post-timeskip; I'm completely fine for it being there for pre-timeskip.

@Damage - I would prefer to keep the "At least" Simply due to the fact that Zoro is superior to Pica by an undetermined value.

@everyone - To be quite honest, we shouldn't include Asura post time-skip until we see it. My opinion is that he does, just has had no need to use it thus far--but opinions are irrelevant.

Also, Trying to upscale Zoro to High 7-A just cuz he defeated someone in the 838MT region is ridiculous. Any other verse that does this should be questioned. He's an unknown value ABOVE Pica, so "At least 7-A+" should suffice.

(God this is as bad as trying to downgrade Doflamingo >_>)

Schnee One said:
Upscaling to another tier is allowed and accepted
But why should we do it when the current description works just as well?

We don't need to upscale him to High 7-A is describing him as At least 7-A+ is even more accurate.

Back