• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeref vs Zeldris (Best Villains Battle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to point it out but Zeref considers Acnologia, who like Zeldris is resistant to magic, invincible; so it's a fair bet in my eyes that magic resistance is enough to deal with Zeref's abilities.

It would also be fair to say that Zeldris 's sealing would work on Zeref as zeref himself said that sealing would be effective on him to Gray when grey tried it.

To be fair, Acnologia has Magic Resistance, while Zeldris has Magic Nullification, small difference, I know, but just wanted to point that out

And if it really is a copy of the demon kings inversion all of Zeref's abilities will just make Zeldris stronger.

Zeldries didn't have inversion cause escanor nearly defeat him and zel didn't convert his attack in any kind of buff, also magic sealing Ôëásealing a person, lost ice shell requried a scarifice, while zel have magic sealing while zeref have resistance to it

Zeldris can seal both magic and people (he has demonstrated both) and zeref has no resistance to sealing - at best he has a very low resistance to power nullification with Zeldris's power nul being much stronger than any zeref has resisted.

Zeref has never been shown to summon his demons in battle - there all to weak to be of help and susceptible to Zeldris's ability to absorb demonic curses.

He sealed Drole's magic in the training arc and was shown in the process of sealing the vampires in a flash back (him sealing them is also corroborated by reliable sources and the fact that the vampires were indeed sealed with Zeldris stated to be the culprit).

If you going to play the "not shown on screen" card, Zeref would also be affected and far more severely than Zeldris.

I'm saying you can't use Zeldris using an ability on Zeref if you don't know how the ability works because you don't see Zeldris using it.

What are you referring to?

Oh, the power null resistance I think.

It's true that happened for Zeref off screen but that's more simple compared to something like Sealing.

Zeref is alive now, therefore the power null couldn't remove his immortality and magic for him to be killed.

Zeldris sealed the Vampires, but we have no idea how he did it. Sealing could be thought based, it could be contact based, it could require a chant or ritual, we as the readers have no idea and can't use that in a thread because the ability might not even be combat applicable.

Delta3000 said:
Zeref has never been shown to summon his demons in battle - there all too weak to be of help and susceptible to Zeldris's ability to absorb demonic curses.
Zeref summon mardgeer book to seal him back, he can do the opposite, demon-like blood man/9dg can be useful even tho it's just to be used as a opening, this is SBA so both characters can have maximum benefit. Also zeldris can only absorb commandment and only if when the opponent either ready to give him or zeldris beat his opponent then to death and then take forcefully their commandment

@Dragonemperour23

Actually we do, In the flash back Zeldris's sealing is shown to involve trapping his targets inside a magical bubble. Also his magic sealing prevents people from activating their magic.

More than that actually: 1) Power nul res- never shown on screen and, even if we give Zeref this resistance, magic barrier particles have never demonstrated the ability to prevent someone from using their magic like Zeldris's power nul/sealing can.

2) Regenerationn - has never demonstrated mid regen only stated that someone with the contradiction curse would survive decapitation; weather he was actually decapitated at some point and his head grew back or reattached itself is never clarified only implied.

3) Death magic soul rip - the soul rip of his death magic is only stated to occur and is disproven by mavis's body retaining her soul after she was killed.

4) demon summoning - never shown to use this in battle and has no reason to since all his demons are dead, sealed(in the case of Lullaby) or they want to kill him.

J004
pic of Zels sealing or http://www.*************/manga/nanatsu_no_taizai/c287/4.html if you can't see it.
Zels power nul: http://www.*************/manga/nanatsu_no_taizai/c215/10.html

Turns out she was still alive though Hades doesn't specify in what way http://www.*************/manga/fairy_tail/v38/c451/10.html

yes they do though only e.n.d and mard were conscious of the desire to kill him.

For that, I see how it works now. That's pretty much the only time Zeldris has sealed someone's power and he's never sealed someone during combat since then.

Well yeah, she has the curse too. It's possible that people with the curse's body still survives without a soul inside of it.

Where was that stated? Mard worshipped Zeref and created Memento Mori so he could grant Zeref a death which is what Zeref had wanted at the time of Mard's creation.

By that line of reasoning Zeref won't use his teleportation, time stop or magic absorption in battle either; That said zeref has never used those powers in combat where as Zeldris has used his power nul in battle before.

Possible but the thing left in her body might have been her soul with the ghost Mavis that appears later being an astral projection or an illusion.

http://www.*************/manga/fairy_tail/v38/c407/14.html Mard monologue on why the deamons were made.

I never mentioned he would. Zeldris has only done the sealing thing once to Drole and didn't use it in situations where it would have been useful, like against Escanor, Ludociel, King's Chastifol.

Zeref can't see her or hear her though.

Yes, they need to go to him to kill him.

My point is they could use their in battle if they want to with zeldris being more likely too as he has used it that way before.

And Zera was only visible to mavis and then later only members of FT.

so you agree that his demons want to kill him?

I'm saying he has the ability, he just doesn't do it in character in situations where it would be really useful. More example, fighting a guy who's powers are mainly magic based and if you lose then you never get the love of your life back.

Yeah, but you can't use thought projections while being in a coma.

No, they want to go to him. That's what they all want. He created beings to kill him and made them want to go to him.

Well, it's a thought projection. You have to make it appear. It's not like Mavis had one ready in the case of random death. When Zeref died, she just became a body and the soul was separate from her.

Mard's words are specifically that the demons want to go to Zeref. He explains that why they want to is because Zeref wants them to kill him. I mean, even when Zeref shows up, Mard doesn't instantly go into attack mode, he starts telling him about Memento Mori.

There is no indication that her soul ever left and considering mavis had been resurrected before her ghost showed up the ghost is unlikely to have been her soul.

that's what I said. Mard was critically injured when Zeref showed up so him begging him for help so he could recover and kill him later makes sense.

Yeah, Hades experimented with her resurrection, stopped, then left the Guild and Mavises ghost showed up like 40 years later during the tenrou island arc.

I'm surprised he was alive given he had been impaled through the chest with a giant expanding ice arrow and rendered unable to continue fighting.

Enryu The Red Tower said:
Wait then, if Zeref's Death Magic is able to exorcise the soul of his opponents, then how did Hades appear as a soul to Lcuy, Natsu and Happy then?
This. Was always such a confusing thing for me.

It apparently sends your soul to the afterlife yet Hades came down

I mean, it didn't do anything right?

Demons aren't normal humans after all. MM doesn't seem to take any energy to do either.

http://www.*************/manga/fairy_tail/v38/c414/6.html

his soul was actually absorbed by franmalth though how franmalth got it when Hades had been dead for awhile before he found the body I have no idea.

Of course Mavis's soul left her body, her body was dead.

Especially in religion, your soul goes to the afterlife when you die.

Zeref killing her and purposefully moving her soul is one thing, but her dying and thus her soul coming out of your body is another

It's the equivalent of me taking a sword, cutting someone's head off and their soul leaves to go to the afterlife and calling it soul manip

DragonEmperor23 said:
Not really, the soul was removed from the body. It wasn't erased from existence or anything, it still exists.
If the soul of Hades had really been removed from his body because of Zeref's Death Magic, then how do you explain about Franmalth having revealed that he encountered the body of Hades and absorbed his soul?

@Enryu I think you mean if Zeref removed his soul by force, him dying and his soul coming out might not be Zeref's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back