• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeref Time Manipulation Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kaiser

>A dead state is the state where a normal person would be considered dead, but because zeref is immortal he will come back from that state. Some immortal characters when they reach this state, they will lose consciousness and few seconds later wake up and say that they can't die because they're immortal.

You literally made this up. Immortal characters don't enter a dead state unless it's explicit to them. Zeref doesn't have such a thing. He's immortal and can't die to unconventional means. If you chop off his head it doesn't put him in a dead state, he's simply headless and still moving around alive.

>Where did i say that zeref has resurrection, i have been saying he has immortality none stop all this time so where are you getting this resurrection from. He enters a dead state because it's the state where a normal person would be considered dead, even immortals can enter this is state but because they're immortal they can come back. Never said he has resurrection, i have no idea where you're getting this resurrection from. I'm not saying he doesn't have immortality, seriously are you even reading what i'm saying.

The definition of immortality per the wiki:

Immortality is the ability to simply not die by natural means for any number of reasons

There is no dead state like you keep thinking. For a character to become dead and then come back that would be resurrection. Which Zeref doesn't have.

>For him to resist via immortality, the attack needs to leave him in a state where one would be considered dead and after come back because of his immortality. This is resistance via immortality, i have no idea how you can't understand something this simple.

No, simply the attack doesn't kill him because he's immortal in the first place. It doesn't cancel his immortality, not that Zeref is resistant to abilities.

Twilight vampires are immortal, if you hit them with wind/water/lightning that has enough force to destroy a city it won't kill them since they are immortal. That's not resistance to wind/water/lightning, that's immortality at play denying them death.

There is no feat and no reason for why Zeref would be resistant when the a easier solution is the fact that he is immortal and can't die to conventional means.

@Nedge

This is zeref from 400 years ago, we don't know know strong his durability was back then. We can't compare him to the zeref of present day, if the zeref from 400 years ago was able to resist these attacks with his physical body and because of that he should get resistance to them.

Okay so -

1. If the Curse/Spell/attack deals with AP, Zeref does not get resistance as his Type 3 Immortality is what counters it.

2. If the Curse/Spell/attack bypasses durability (Larcade/Franmalth/Kyoka), Zeref does get a resistance as he is clearly able to function even while under the effects and not die.

Sound good to everyone?

AnonymousBlank, we already voted on it and also it is not that important as we would have wait for a new vote counts and potentially derail again. The vote that we have could be used to add a this CRT

I am going to request the addition to a staff since we already have the vote.

If the original topic has already been dealt with, should we close this thread?

@iMadeThisOn

"You literally made this up. Immortal characters don't enter a dead state unless it's explicit to them. Zeref doesn't have such a thing. He's immortal and can't die to unconventional means. If you chop off his head it doesn't put him in a dead state, he's simply headless and still moving around alive."

Nope, dead state is something that many immortal characters have shown. Also you haven't seen zeref without a head or even in a very critical state so how can you assume that he doesn't enter a dead state.

"There is no dead state like you keep thinking. For a character to become dead and then come back that would be resurrection. Which Zeref doesn't have."

That's not what dead state even is, you simply do not understand the meaning of a dead state. If a immortal character took a critcal hit that can leave a normal person dead and but all it does is leave them in a state of unconciousness and in which which he wakes up from few seconds later. It has nothing to do with resurrection, so i have no idea why you're calling it that.

"No, simply the attack doesn't kill him because he's immortal in the first place. It doesn't cancel his immortality, not that Zeref is resistant to abilities. "

No one is saying it is canceling his immortaliy. If he is resisting the attack based on only his immortality, then the attack needs to leave him in a critical state where a normal person would be considered dead. But because he is immortal, he will come back from that critical state. This is resistance via immortality.

"Twilight vampires are immortal, if you hit them with wind/water/lightning that has enough force to destroy a city it won't kill them since they are immortal. That's not resistance to wind/water/lightning, that's immortality at play denying them death."

Twilight vampires have only type 1 immortality, so a attack on that level should bypass their immortality and destroy them. Edward Culle

But that to happen to zeref, then temper's attack need to leave him in a critical state in where he needs his immortality to save him, but it was stated no where that any of this happened.

"There is no feat and no reason for why Zeref would be resistant when the a easier solution is the fact that he is immortal and can't die to conventional means. "

The easiest solution for this is to assume that zeref resisted tempest's attack using only his physical body and is not relaying on his immortality, to say that he was relaying on his immortality is nothing but your pure specualtion. Even when we follow your own reason, you yourself rejected it on multiple times. Saying that he can't be left in a critical state where one would be considered dead, in which he needs his immortality to surivive.

AnonymousBlank said:
Okay so -
1. If the Curse/Spell/attack deals with AP, Zeref does not get resistance as his Type 3 Immortality is what counters it.

2. If the Curse/Spell/attack bypasses durability (Larcade/Franmalth/Kyoka), Zeref does get a resistance as he is clearly able to function even while under the effects and not die.

Sound good to everyone?
Yes, this is exactly it.

@Antvasima.

It was agreed that Fairy Heart Zeref should get Time Manipulation resistance a while ago per the main topic. The thread has now divulged into discussion of Zeref's other resistances.

Alright. Some staff member needs to evaluate it though, and given the sheer length of this thread, that seems unlikely. It is probably best to start a new thread with a summary of the conclusions so far, and that we then close this one.

Nedge posted such a summary on my message wall, so maybe he can handle it?

@Anon

I don't agree with the first one since there isn't anything saying that he was relaying on his immortality, it's simply speculation with zero proof.

It's easier to assume he resisted those ap attacks himself, and not that he relayed on his immortality to resist them. Saying he resisted it using his immortality, is the same as tempest putting zeref in a critical state where zeref needs to use his immortality to survive.

If that's the case I think zeref have time and space manipulation resistance in fh form, and time manipulation resistance in the base. I think we can do another thread for his other resistance. But if we found something (which can affect character profile )we can't just ignore it.

No, Nedge's list and summary is incorrect. He has listed "approved" resistances that have been argued and disagreed with to this point. Only 3 users agree with his full list and staff have disagreed with all the resistances still.

The only thing unanimously approved was resistance to Time Manipulation for Fairy Heart Zeref.

@Nedge

You can tell me when you have started a new thread, so I can close this one.

Zeref: Soul Absorption Resistance (because of Franmalth ), Pleasure and Soul Manipulation Resistance (because of Larcade's magic ),Telepathy (was able to communicate with larcade via telepathy, Water Manipulation and Limited Poison Manipulation Resistance (because of Torafuzar), Wind Resistance , Fire Resistance , Air Resistance and Lightning Resistance (because of Tempester's Weather Manipulation ), Magic Absorption (because he absorbed all of fairy heart away from mavis), Time Manipulation Resistance, Magic Nullification Resistance, Death Manipulation Resistance, Spatial Manipulation and it's Resistances.

Gray Fullbuster/Silver Fullbuster: Limited Existence Erasure Resistance (They're able to resist demonic Existence Erasure because of their devil slayer magic, but a normal Existence Erasure should be able to kill them)

I agreed with this, and so did many others. We should use this list on the next thread.

@IMade

If the staff have only agreed with resistance to time manipulation for Zeref, then that is all that should be applied.

This is incorrect. Burning Full Fingers and Dragonmasterxyz are knowledgeable staff members that disagreed. AnonymousBlank, DragonEmperor23 and I have disagreed and provided reasoning.

Only resistance to Time Manipulation for Fairy Heart Zeref has been agreed.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
This is incorrect. Burning Full Fingers and Dragonmasterxyz are knowledgeable staff members that disagreed. AnonymousBlank, DragonEmperor23 and I have disagreed and provided reasoning.
Only resistance to Time Manipulation for Fairy Heart Zeref has been agreed.
There were not present for most of the thread, that not how CRT works.

That's not true, there was a lot of other stuff that was brought up in this thread that was also agreed upon by others and was even discussed. They were abilities that have proof for why they should be added.

Literally why are you lying to push this through? You could use Ctrl + F.

Dragonmasterxyz last commented 7 hours ago and has been here since the start.

Burning Full Fingers commented 13 hours ago.

That is not how you show that are Knowledge Members, you got to know about everything about the verse from the characters, abilities, and feats from all the verse main media. Besides, Burning Full Fingers stated that he was not an expert. Dragonmasterxyz never claims expertise.

I think that IMade makes sense. It may be best if we only apply the time manioulation resistance and then close this.

Burning Full Fingers and Dragonmasterxyz might have been supporter but not expert..

Burning agreed with other stuff that isn't only time stop resistance, he agreed upon soul manipulation resistance and even magic nullification resistance. Also he didn't heavly debated here so i don't know what you're on.

Also he himself said this "But I'm not a FT expert. I barely remember stuff about the series."

i disagree with iMade, many things he said in this thread was debunked and he at the start was even denying hard evidence.

Many of the things brought up in this thread was agreed upon by me, nedge, mitch, 9tailacno and dragonemperor23.

There have only been small disagreement, but nothing major like what iMade is saying. You can always read the thread from the start and see all the things that was agreed upon rather then taking someone's else words for it. @Antvasima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back