• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zelda: A Link to the Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Matt in opposing these upgrades.

Also why is Cal in the "agree" even though he's never agreed to these upgrades and stated he's not giving his opinion? That's just being neutral.

"Lorule (pronounced /ˈloʊ.ɹuːl/ LOH-rewl)[1] is the name of a kingdom that serves as one of the main settings of A Link Between Worlds.[2] It is a dark mirror of Hyrule almost entirely congruous with the Dark World as featured in A Link to the Past" from the zelda wiki of ALBW

Has you can see its a mirrior world to hyrule and what does mirriors do they reflect and the fact it was designe to be the same has the the dark world and the sacred realms of ALTTP which they are at least solar system level of range if you guys don't want to accept the 3-A triforce it should obviously be 4-A

The triforce in hyrule was able to restore the one in lorule and the whole dimension that is the same size has hyrule was getting destroyed and in the le link to past one triforce was able to affect 3 separate dimension's (hyrule,dark world,sacred realm) and all 3 of them are the same size.

And has i remember 4-A is multi solar system level which the triforce feats fits the bill by affecting other dimension's of that level and at the same time.

Staying completely neutral still. One thing I will forever disagree with Matt is that anything above 4-B being an outlier. With three tier 2 beings outright empowering the thing and more omnipotent statements than DBS has universal statements. There's only one 4-B feat in FF7. Is that an outlier? Lavos has one 2-A feat. Digimon has one 3-C feat.

If the Triforce winds up getting anything below 2-C, it'll be accepted.

The real cal howard said:
Staying completely neutral still. One thing I will forever disagree with Matt is that anything above 4-B being an outlier. With three tier 2 beings outright empowering the thing and more omnipotent statements than DBS has universal statements. There's only one 4-B feat in FF7. Is that an outlier? Lavos has one 2-A feat. Digimon has one 3-C feat.

If the Triforce winds up getting anything below 2-C, it'll be accepted.
I have to agree with cal here i went and check all the other verses and each of their old threads to see how they got upgraded and so far i just dont want to call out anyone but it feels like you guys are just nippicking at this point but thats just my opinion dont my mind me and so far other feats than the the triforce were way more ambiguous despite that they have been accepted even tho some of them never recreated the feat but when it comes to the triforce it was stated time and time again to be universal and to be the second most powerfull thing in the zelda verse and so far nothing have even come closs to it ever.

so i really cant see why people keep calling it an outlier since nintendo has done nothing to disaprove this.

Tbh if the triforce dosent get upgraded to 3-A or at least 4-A thats kind of bull TP1 has left enough link's and extremely well translated text that shows it is a universal power and if not at least multi-solar system level since the triforce can interact with more than one world at the same time.

But again dont mind thats how i see things i can be horribly wrong but at this point we are just arguing if darker orange is still orange.

Nobody other than Matt has called it an outlier.

And I don't want to put you both at blast, but @Cal you know quite well that there are reasons those feats were accepted.

Are you using the universal power statements as proof? @Ashen.

AshenCrow777 said:
And has i remember 4-A is multi solar system level which the triforce feats fits the bill by affecting other dimension's of that level and at the same time.
Which dimensions are you talking about?

SomebodyData said:

And I don't want to put you both at blast, but @Cal you know quite well that there are reasons those feats were accepted.

Except I was talking purely hypotheticals. I said absolutely nothing about the thread itself. Comb through this thread and you won't see me once say I agree.

SomebodyData said:

I am, so far the only reason we all seem to not agree is the fact that Universal and world are the words being use , but world (has in planetary) would count has a low-ball because it was shown that the triforce area of affect is at least solar system level (sacred realm earth to sun and distance so it wouldnt make sense that other characters shows better feats than the triforce

Which dimensions are you talking about?

I am talking about ALTTP where the sacred realm,dark world and hyrule was being affected by ganon's wish through out the whole event and all worlds are stated to be equal in size.

Plus like i said the triforce that was sustaining hyrule link made a wish to restore the other one in a completly diffrent dimension that is also said by nintendo to be a complet mirrior world to hyrule so they obviously have the same size.

I know i sound like a broken record but if we cant get a 3-A triforce i think we can all agree on a 4-A triforce it seems more logical

I think he means that since all (three?) of the worlds contain a star, it's probably destroying three solar systems and therefore should be 4-A?

@Ashen that makes no sense? Just because the triforce is depicted as 4-B does not at all mean that world now means universe.

@Cal The last part was directed at Ashen (if thats what you're talking about as shown by the "@Ashen"), or at least thats what I think you're refering to. I never mentioned anything about disagreeing or agreeing on the outlier topic, just pointed out those aren't good examples to compare to.

Lorule was getting destroyed and at the end of the game they were all about to die when link suddenly made a wish to save them (he made it while he was in hyrule with Zelda after the portal closed) and lorule triforce is equal to hyrules triforce so they can probably scale from each other, the sacred realms was corruppted and sealed off but was still affected by ganon's wish so it was to late but even then ganon wanted to rule not destroy and lets not forget hyrule was going insane even tho ganon was in his tower in the dark world.

So the fact remains the triforce can affect other realities despite being in a completly diffrent dimension.

That's a good range feat, but if you're trying to use it to prove low 2-C triforce, it wouldn't quite work that way. @Ashen

SomebodyData said:
That's a good range feat, but if you're trying to use it to prove low 2-C triforce, it wouldn't quite work that way. @Ashen
Im just trying to prove if it can become 4-A im not going for low 2-C or hell even 3-A

For now iv become neutral for 3-A triforce until someone else gives their argument (a hella of a good one) so i could support it again

I think that Matthew made sense above.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Cool, on a pocket dimension the size of a country. It's not universal, and even then that's debatable.
54C84809-7B65-4C57-8864-D87240AC7EA2
"Lorule being destroyed is a feat, but the kingdom is literally just a dark mirror to Hyrule. It's not universal in size in any way shape or form. It's just the destruction of a pocket dimension. Nothing more."

Here is your 3-A feat. Lorule is the mirror of the Hyrule "multiverse".

That scan shows it as the inverse of the Kingdom of Hyrule, not of the entire multiverse.

Lorule does legit take place in another "World/Realm." That could be interpreted as universe or planet, which I'm neutral on, but it's way more than Country sized. In fact, there was a calc that at bare minimum put Breath of the Wild's size at Low 5-B ish. And that's only including the spots they let you explore in the game. Sacred Realm is 4-B at bare minimum since Creating/Destroying a realm containing a Earth to Sun radius with the Earth being in the middle and Sun being on the edge was calc'd at 4-B. Destroying three worlds that since assuming no calcable distance would still be 4-B. IRL, the closest solar system from our solar system is like really far away; and that's why baseline 4-A is so much greater.

However, destroying a pocket reality containing a starry sky is legit 4-A according to Kepekley's calc. I'm still neutral on this now, but I feel 3-A or Low 2-C won't be accepted now. If there's a canon source from either Hyrule Historia or one of the games; (Not the manga) in which the Sacred Realm contains many stars, then 4-A is in order. But if not, 4-B is what they remain.

Theglassman12 said:
@Triforce there's no "multiverse" in that scan.
The main universe called Hyrule and its dimensions. Couldn't find a better term.

That Hyrule is clearly an universe due to Deku Tree's myth, so Lorule is universe sized due to being equal to that.

First of all, I'm Rein.

@Executor

You're taking the letters literally. There are letters that don't translate to the meaning, that's why there's confusion and need for teaching everytime you read Rashomon (The story). ÚüáÞÂ│ for example is "trip". Which doesn't make sense because the letters says "long walking".

I accidentally made the translation of the Ganon feat as too over the top, it can also means "outside" or "above". I generally don't think it's hyperbole though. It lacks slurs that most hyperbole do like FTL Baki and it delivered on a such straightforward manner.

One of the problem is that, like, everything revolves around Hyrule. I mean, planet is Hyrule, dimension is Hyrule, even sky full of stars is called Hyrule at one point if I remember correctly when I was a kid though I may be wrong.

Lorule is quite clearly shown to be the inverse of Hyrule, but Hyrule contains the main universe, and Lorule, being its inverse, has the same size. To further prove this point, Lorule even has its own Sacred Realm, separated from Hyrule (universe).

The scale of the destruction is universal. First of all, as the image shows, Lorule is the name of the universe, while the kingdom is named "the kingdom of Lorule" to differentiate them. Hilda states: "Let's talk about this country for a bit. Long ago, there was a triangle that if touched, grants any wishes in Lorule. It's called Triforce. People fought over for this power, resulting in kingdom's collapse. The kingdom of Lorule, to stop this, destroyed the Triforce. But it backfired..... Triforce is a power of God. It's existence is the pillar of the world, holding it. With Lorule, not having the pillar, is destined to collapse. This land needs Triforce. One day, We knew the existence of the another world's Triforce. Triforce of power, wisdom and courage. Your mission is to wake up the Triforce of courage. I need to correct the mistakes of my predecessors as a queen of this country."

Look at how the terms are used. First she says that the Triforce was in Lorule, which makes sense given that it was in the Sacred Realm and not in the kingdom. Then she states that the wars caused the kingdom's collapse, which is true given that the effects of the war were felt only in the kingdom. She's very consistent with the distinction "kingdom" "Lorule". So when she says that "Lorule is destined to collapse" she quite clearly meant Lorule as in the universe, as stated by the image above. And before you say it, "world" (or Sekai in Japanese) CAN mean universe, despite how much this wiki tries to go against it. It's NOT the only meaning nor the most common one, but it can mean that with enough proof and this is the case here with its connection to the word Lorule. Especially given that it caused the destruction of the Sacred Realm as well.

Is this enough or do I need to bring up more?

@Rein kind of

So it still mantains the 3-A sense? I'm unsure now.

I'm neutral. It makes sense in a way. Though if you look at the different way, it doesn't. Also 100% sure that people NEVER uses country as sekai. Japanese or otherwise. You don't use the word "world" on America, do you? It won't make any sense at all and people will laugh at you everytime you bring it up, it's ridiculous. I don't believe Lorule is country sized, even if it's not universal, it's at least Planetary. Dark World also has Star on it. And it's only copying Sacred Realm. And it's only part of Hyrule.

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
First of all, I'm Rein.
@Executor

You're taking the letters literally. There are letters that don't translate to the meaning, that's why there's confusion and need for teaching everytime you read Rashomon (The story). ÚüáÞÂ│ for example is "trip". Which doesn't make sense because the letters says "long walking".

I accidentally made the translation of the Ganon feat as too over the top, it can also means "outside" or "above". I generally don't think it's hyperbole though. It lacks slurs that most hyperbole do like FTL Baki and it delivered on a such straightforward manner.

One of the problem is that, like, everything revolves around Hyrule. I mean, planet is Hyrule, dimension is Hyrule, even sky full of stars is called Hyrule at one point if I remember correctly when I was a kid though I may be wrong.
Hey there Rein, just wanted to ask you(and other japanese speakers if you are looking) a question about a few lines you translated:

õ©ûÒü½ÒÇÇþÉåÒü¬ÒüÅÒÇüÕ梵£¬ÒüáÒÇÇÕ¢óÒü¬ÒüòÒüÜÒÇé

ÔÇ¿When there was no reason in the world and life did not yet have form.

ÒüôÒü«Õ¥îÒÇüÒüØÒü«ÒÇÇÞüûõ©ëÞºÆÒéÆ õ©ûÒü«þÉåÒü«ÒÇÇþñÄÒü¿ÒüÖÒéïÒééÒü«Òü¬ÒéèÒÇé ÔÇ¿After that, those sacred triangles became the cornerstone for the world's reasons.

I wanna ask what "reason" here means. Is it something similar to the "law of the universe"? Does "reason" mean concepts like time, space or gravity ect...? Cause that can be pretty big.

People here were arguing about the meanings of the words here. Someone who speaks japanese language might understand the meaning more than non-speakers.

Don't wanna get involved into this mess, but I thought I atleast ask this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back