• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zelda: A Link to the Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kona Aganhim didn't flip the world. He BFR'd Link to the Dark world. That was all he did.

Lorule is a mirror to hyrule, not the light world.

Theglassman12 said:
@Kona Aganhim didn't flip the world. He BFR'd Link to the Dark world. That was all he did.

Lorule is a mirror to hyrule, not the light world.
Lorule lives in its own freaking universe that is just like hyrule but mirriored think of it as an alternate earth in a diffrent reality its not that hard to understand

If you actually look at that scan. If flat out says that it's a mirror to Hyrule. It's not a mirror to the Light world.

The Sacred realm is a separate world that is it's own universe, stated to have it's own space and time, being a counterpart to the light world. Light world is a universe, so is the dark world, they are both equal in size, the light world is what Ganon wanted to conquer and he ended up transforming sacred realm into the light world, aka the universe, but it ended up becoming evil.

Saying the light world isn't a universe is foolish, it's never been less than that, and nothing goes against it, DW is literally just another world that mimics it's look but distorts it as well.

Not gonna lie, while the laugh thing is obvious hyperbole with the transcended space and time thing, it does imply that it lies within a separate spacetime to the Light World.

Not that makes a difference to anything as that doesn't affect anyone's argument. Just because say, Universe 6 is in a separate timeline to Universe 7, doesn't make destroying Universe 6 any more than 3-A.

The Causality said:
Sooooo

Link is upgraded 4-A/3-A or not...?
Well, even if it doesn't get accepted here, I'm not the kind of person who gives up. If this fails, I'll make a new one after some time with new evidence and incorporating what I learned here. If it gets accepted, well, that's good to say the least.

Being relentlessly argumentative is not considered as a good thing here though. If something has been rejected, you should not make new threads until people get so tired of arguing that they give up.

Antvasima said:
Being relentlessly argumentative is not considered as a good thing here though. If something has been rejected, you should not make new threads until people get so tired of arguing that they give up.
Only if its agressive which its isnt

But i fail to see why the triforce cant be 3-A the DW and LW are equal and cal told me what i posted to him is that the triforce have universal range

Antvasima said:
Being relentlessly argumentative is not considered as a good thing here though.
Obviously it will always be accompanied by new evidence every time. The Zelda series is big, and I'm sure I can find something more if I just look over it carefully. I don't want it to end up being upgraded simply due to insistence but because actual evidence supports it. Also, as you can see, I've stopped arguing once the thread started taking in consideration things different from the OP.

I mean I'll admit I do think that borderlien upgrade 2-C was a bit of stretch, and I have no idea where 4-A came from, so 3-A honestly seems the most logical to me as it applies only to the wielders of the TF and not anyone else, and it has 3 feats that support it. The Light world is the same as dark world, both of these are universes, light world has no contradicting statements of it not being a universe, it can't be considered smaller because all we see is the land and the sky. It takes part in it's seperate timeline and the DW might as well since it is it's own space and time.

Off topic, but I'd also really liek some speed upgrades, these ratigns they have now are painful to look at.

There must be agreement from the Admins to make changes about this and they are either neutral or against this.

there's no speed upgrades in this thread. And again, practically every staff here is neutral or against this upgrade. So it's not going to be accepted.

I never said that. If your words had actual ground to be based on. Then we'd actually consider it legit. But nearly everything the supporters have here had been either a hyperbole or an exaggeration as a mean to upgrade the verse without concrete evidence.

Theglassman12 said:
I never said that. If your words had actual ground to be based on. Then we'd actually consider it legit. But nearly everything the supporters have here had been either a hyperbole or an exaggeration as a mean to upgrade the verse without concrete evidence.
I dont see what you are talking about since the only "hyperbole" here is ganondorf's laugh and thats it nothing else is a hyperbole and really exaggeration thats a pretty strong claim their mate.

@Ashen yes they are exaggerations when you guys are claiming that parallel realms that's supposed to mirror HYRULE is apparently the same as mirroring the entirety of the LIGHT WORLD. Not to mention claiming that the entire universe or planet is called Hyrule is another exaggeration when we already have a clear cut context of what Hyrule is supposed to be.

One, didn't know Hyrule had a minimum radius of several astronomical units.

Two, buddy, if you looked at the scans, you'd see it outright say LIGHT WORLD. Not Hyrule. LIGHT WORLD.

I give literally 0 craps about ALBW at this point. Lorule means nothing to me. The place where it's from is clearly a parallel universe, whether the Triforce affects all of it or not (I doubt it does and it only affects the planet), but since I don't care, believe that a naturally occurring parallel universe has to be proven to be full sized when I doubt any other fiction has to go through that.

Again, I don't care if people debunk it, because I agree with them about the stuff in the OP, but please at least give legitimate arguments like SD and Matt (before he said stuff about outliers) did.

"Not to mention claiming that the entire universe or planet is called Hyrule is another exaggeration when we already have a clear cut context of what Hyrule is supposed to be."

I didn't want to entre the discussion but this is just wrong. ALTTP manual states that the Sacred Realm is "somewhere in Hyrule" while three sentences later than it says SR was a different world.

Termina is Hyrule's parallel dimension, to the point of having the exact same constellations.

Deku Tree describes Hyrule as the primordial land of chaos, AKA the tipical thing from which the gods of said myth create the universe.

Heck, Lanayru literally states that the Twili wanted to conquer "Hyrule, the Sacred Realm", basically calling the latter "Hyrule".

True, it generally means the kingdom, but not always. Btw, what I said comes from jap translation, as NoA tried to fix that by calling Hyrule only the kingdom most of the time, but jap uses "Hyrule" to describe a lot of things.

Personally, this is my opinion completely ripped off from an another site but it's the only way this makes sense

In ALttP it's said that the Light and Dark Worlds are the two sides of Hyrule, and in Japanese worldview everything has these two sides (like yin and yang). So when the Dark World was still the Sacred Realm, Hyrule was divided into Light World and Sacred Realm - but calling it Light World made no sense yet without a dark opposite, so the Light World was simply known as Hyrule, and calling the Sacred Realm not a part of Hyrule would've been discriminating. Therefore it was all just known as the Sacred Realm Hyrule, and the Sacred Realm was "somewhere in Hyrule", as ALttP puts it. That might be why the terminology was so blurry ever before the Dark World was created (in OoT's adult half). I dunno, that's the only way I can make sense of those "Sacred Realm Hyrule" wordings (occurs at least three times in TP)...

Furthermore, the kingdom also adopted the same name, just to make things more complicated.

Though this is just my opinion.

^^^^^ basacaly all this it ain't my fault if the word hyrule used to be get thrown around before the retcon of the lore happened and several time at that the more recent games had to be clear about alot of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back