• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zarathustra vs literally Hell

the thing is ren instantly goes for the blitz and his nect cutting is a curse that will neg naraku's regen...what does naraku do again?

quoting RavenSupreme from that Rusalka thread:

"He usually likes to fool around IC.

Often this includes high level Illusions which attack the body, the soul and the mind simulatenously. In addition his Illusions are not interrupted even from outside interference (like someone grabbing the victim and assaulting it so he snaps out of the illusion). He can show them to multiple people at once and even mix them with real existing things.

Also a very often used thing is exploiting his very good battle teleportation (he was shown to teleport immediately before getting affected by an attack and also behind his foes)

He also likes to immediately go for Soulmanipulation on touch (interesting in combination with battle teleportation).

And he enjoys absorbing people. He often discards dozens of small pieces of flesh which all on their own can absorb people from the outside (which can be prevented with enough force) but more dangerous also from the inside. every piece of him is sentinent.

Oh and he usually spreads the entire battlefield with acid potent enough to melt mountains"

illusions well he did scale to LDO in mind things. Soul is on touch and teleport while can get distance prolonging it will only make ren faster to the brim. And ren doesn't take risks and just goes in. Also he doesn't need chant so its a stupidly fast activation

Unless Naraku can affect at least 300 souls + one soul strong enough to rival Reinhard's entire Valhalla, his illusions are getting lolnoped both mentally and spiritually.

I don't know too much about Ren, but looking at his profile, he really doesn't have anything to put Naraku down for good. Naraku's Low-Godly Regenerationn can be used an infinite number of times at an endless Time Loop. There's also transcending space time, which also seems quite impressive. Don't think Space or Time manipulation is working on Naraku. Naraku has existence erasure, which I don't see on Ren's profile's base key, so Naraku could finish him if he wanted too. Though CIS is a common trope for Naraku. BFR is another thing Naraku's got, which might be useful.

Also, Naraku's Soul manipulation worked on hundreds if not thousands of demons at once iirc; although those were fodder demons. Also, Naraku's no stranger to manipulating illusions, so not sure if that's going to help. Naraku also has his own Reality Warping abilities. Naraku's also got way better range. Voting Naraku for reasons I mentioned.

"Ren's Holy Relic, taking in the form of Marie that manifests as a black and red scythe-like extension from his right arm. The Relic carries a unique ability: Replicating Marie's curse, Ren can negate immortality and Regenerationn by cutting at his target's neck (even if the target in question can survive decapitation), beheading them in the process if it successfully makes contact. However, the curse will not take effect on any other part of the body than the neck and Ren will just deal the usual physical and spiritual damage effect like all other Relic users in the series."

the thing is the neck thing is a 1-A curse from Marie and he will speed blitz the longer it drags out

Does it negate Low-Godly Regenerationn? And I can understand it would negate some lower levels Immortality type 3, but not sure if on Naraku's level. I did hear Naraku was going to have Type 5 Immortality soon, does it negate that too? Either way, I don't think he's going to get close enough to hit Naraku's neck; he doesn't even have a neck sometimes. Also, 1-A? Wouldn't that only apply to his 1-A key if it was really that potent?

it can neg low-godly and again its a 1-A curse from marie. Plus he would try to blitz naraka so he won't react in time

It has a 1-A killing curse and basically everyone in DI has Low-Godly, so yeah, pretty sure that it would work.

Plus the weapon attacks the soul anyway

he can outspeed naraka's reactions via his EFO which amps his speed to the brim. He doesn't start with it but he activates it right away anyway

Doesn't sound like that quite compares to the Shikon Jewel Transcending Space and Time. Also, Naraku leads by hiding behind his decoys/puppets; also, Naraku's range is still much greater. Hundreds of meters Vs Extended Melee range. Ren would probably just cut the neck of one of his Bamboo clones first. But the Miasma could poison Ren, and Naraku's illusion is even more broken then Aizen's KS. Also, does Ren have a way of getting past Spatial Intangibility in his base key?

LDOs are immune to natural poison afaik. And the speed can make him harder to predict and naraka can't do much if he can't react to ren which wouldn't take too long

I don't see resistance or immunity to poison on Ren's profile. Also, Miasma isn't normal poison, it effects ghosts and can easily screw up the mind and all 6 senses real good. Not to mention it melts Mountains and entire valleys. Also, does Time Manipulation even work on a character who already transcends Space-Time? That's pretty much what the speed thing is linked too. Still, Naraku is initially not even in sight at the beginning of his fights; a puppet or decoy is.

Also saw a note that the OP should specify which route for Base Ren, since he doesn't always have all aforementioned abilities listed. There's two different routes.

it only affects ren actually not naraka. And ren can sense souls so he would realize the difference. And pretty sure its EFO at least based on picture

Naraku doesnt trascend space time, he'd be immesurable if that were the case.

It does say the Shikon Jewel Transcends Space and Time; and that Naraku is merged with it. And well, Immeasurable Speed is where someone perceives the past, present, and future as just the present. His reactions are clearly not Immeasurable, but still. He can travel forward and backward in time at will.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
And well, Immeasurable Speed is where someone perceives the past, present, and future as just the present.
No? That's cosmic awareness/nigh omniscience.

Immeasurable speed is being able to move freely across time

That's what Immeasurable reactions and combat speed is being able to react from attacks that strike from the past among other things. Or dodge Immeasurable speed attacks. Plenty of characters have Time Travel as an ability but do not possess Immeasurable speed. Same reason Teleportation doesn't automatically grant Infinite speed.

Base rens negating regen is at 1-A level even if he was not using his atziluth. low godly isnt really anything impressive to characters using Briah

Monarch Laciel said:
Just pointing out that Ren needs to say his Briah in base to go fast, he isn't already in it.
With said chant giving him a boost anyhow

> Naraku leads by hiding behind his decoys/puppets

Ren can just his Ewigkeit sightseeing to know who is the true Naraka

Main point was he isn't 3000X faster than the enemy as soon as the match starts, he needs to consciously activate the ability. I think Naraka's entire body is made up of a bunch of different souls though. Evil bandits or something

No different from Three Commanders whom are technically part of Reinhard being (hence why they feel his emotions, ect)

Ren can still clearly see their "color" or whatever and whom are literally composed of other souls

Just noticed Ren doesn't have immunity to natural poison/diseases which is weird considering other DI have it due to Ewgikeit amping their life forces essentially stopping them from getting affected by them

The point was that he wouldn't know which soul is the actual Naraka, or that if he attacks one of those souls then the others would still remain.

Each soul has its own distant color

He would know which one is Naraka due to his own specific color

He doesn't automatically know which colour is Naraka's though. He'd see a bunch of souls with a bunch of different colours.

Guess i was a little bit vague my bad

The color allow him to know which soul is strong enough to target

Well then, even assuming he doesn't know which illusion is the true one. He would active his Briah then and the constant speed is enough to see Naraka as being frozen which would give him enough time to kill every single illusion until beheading Naraka takes place

As for being poisoned...What are Naraka's best poison feat? Even when Ren Fuji suffered Tubal Cain Poison he could still fight on.

Tubal can literally rot and decay the soul yet Ren Fuji kept on fighting

Idk the issue here because Ren fought three commanders and went toe to toe with them using his Briah. Even without activating it right away he will eventually use it to the point he will see the opponent as a threat. Against Cain he was resistant to his poison. Ren isnt a type of person to drag on the fight.

Ren pretty much desires to finish fights as fast as he can. And we always see him using Briah after he acquired

Narakus Mountain Melting Miasma, and his Aura alone can turn an entire Valley to nothingness via his Poison.

https://i.imgur.com/ikKbUn5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lvJIKQs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2AcwmFq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Bi0brC0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oZMqJdF.jpg

-

In addition, Naraku can seal opposing powerswith a glance

this specific feat was performed by magatsuhi, who at that time portraied the evil part of the shikon jewel. later naraku took over that spot (like he took over everything in the verse).

after he took Magatsuhis place as the Jewels Dark Will

-

Can deal Ren with Low Godly?

yes 100% as stated above his curse deals with it easily. Even without it he has dealt with the LDO who most of them have low-godly

Thanks for the heads up. How about the power-sealing thing?

One question: Has Ren dimensional travel?

he can't resist power sealing but tbh that's activate via a glance but the thing is due to some range ren will eventually be a blur to deal with for it to really work (Assuming its 4km)

And no afaik he doesn't have dimensional travel

Yeha Magatsuhi (replaced by Naraku) has to actively glance. It is not a passive ability and also not autonomous.

Ah thats interesting news, at least for Naraku, since even assuming that the fight in the regular plane of existence goes south and he would technically be killed. he can trap his foes inside the jewel dimension forever

He also would be resurrected by the way - albeit also inside the jewel to fight with his foe for eternity

-

So even when Naraku would be killed, if his opponent has no means of dimensional travel, he seales the opponents with him in the Jewel in the moment of his death, where he reawakens.

Which in my eyes is the poster child for an inconclusive at the very least.

Albeit he may edge a win, when he seals Ren powers with a glance.

Back