• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why do Undertale God Tiers have Immeasurable speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, again, please check our Timeless Voids Standards page. Even if it would be a type 3 timeless void, we still have to consider the following:

"Most series do not acknowledge such a feat as something that would take an infinite amount of speed to accomplish, and it's constantly portrayed as an one-off action occurring for the sake of plot. In that case, the feat is to be discarded as an Outlier or a Plot-Induced Stupidity."

It doesn't seem like it would be an Outlier for these completely transcendent multiversal deities, but due to it failing the standards, the pages should probably be changed to Unknown for now.

Raw power does not automatically grant transcendent speed levels, if the characters are not remotely portrayed as such otherwise.

Ahh I see, they don't really have showings/implications of speed.

@Ant I think he just means infinite speed won't be an outlier for Multiversal Gods if they have the evidence, not that they should have it just for that.

@Andy

Yes, I know. I am just saying that the abilities are often disconnected.

Moving in an erased timeline is not sufficient grounds to get an infinite speed rating and they don't fulfill our strict requirements of Timeless Voids Standards. Like Ant said, most fiction do not acknowledge such feats as something that would take an infinite amount of speed to accomplish, and it's constantly portrayed as a one-off event for the sake of plot.

There is insufficient evidence in this case.

Sorry about that. That was at 4 in the morning so I wasn't in the best mood. It's just annoying when people act like that on serious threads and make things harder than they need to be.

Anyway, while we are on the topic of downgrades. Flowey was supposed to be downgraded a while ago since he doesn't scale to chara anymore. He hasn't been downgraded since he is under revision. But in the mean time, should I downgrade his tier and explanations to unknown? Or 2-C since that is what his non scaling related stuff implies

I'll get onto the timeless void thing soon and word it better.

@Current That's base Flowey not photoshop Flowey. Anyway discussing that here will be derailing.

Super Ascended Sean Pazdera said:
And how would someone not scale to Chara anymore? Did the game change while I was asleep or something?
Because every time Flowey talks about Chara, he is talking about you. In every single interaction with Frisk, both Flowey and Asriel believe that Frisk is Chara, except after the final battle with Asriel, when he realizes that's not the case.

Except Chara actually does possess Frisk during the Genocide Run.

At no point in Undertale does Flowey ever mistake Frisk for Chara. The only time it DOES happen is when he transforms into Asriel, a fact he addressed after he came to his senses.

@Sean Yes, and Flowey isn't comparable to Chara during the Genocide Run.

Doesn't Flowey mistake Frisk for Chara in the neutral ending, by using Chara's name?

Why are you talking about the Genocide Run if you're talking about Photoshop Flowey???

I can't find it, I was mistaken.

Anyway, this really really belongs in another thread.

Can somebody summarise what is left to do here? Should we simply change all immeasurable or infinite speed levels to unknown instead?

Antvasima said:
Can somebody summarise what is left to do here? Should we simply change all immeasurable or infinite speed levels to unknown instead?
Yes.

Is somebody experienced with editing willing to update the relevant pages then? I will need a list of the exact page titles in order to unlock them for you.

@AKM I may be able to do this do on my own. Very few profile actually have to be updated.

Andytrenom said:
@AKM I may be able to do this do on my own. Very few profile actually have to be updated.
Cool.
Allmightto

I know, but they were already changed.

I didn't realize you were in the middle of changing them

@Agnaa Andy's too fast for you.

Anything left? Or should we close this thread?

I am fine with if we close this thread, but it depends on if there is anything left to do here.

Read this said this earlier.

Read this post said:
I haven't managed to reexplain my comment yet. Unless an infinite speed revision can go down later.

Okay. Since they are downgraded I might as well save this for the god tier revisions and see whether they should or should not have infinite speeds then T╠Âh╠Âa╠Ân╠Âk╠Âs╠ ╠Âf╠Âo╠Âr╠ ╠Âp╠Âu╠Ât╠Ât╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âe╠Âv╠Âe╠Ân╠ ╠Âm╠Âo╠Âr╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âe╠Âi╠Âg╠Âh╠Ât╠ ╠Âo╠Ân╠ ╠Âm╠Ây╠ ╠Âs╠Âh╠Âo╠Âu╠Âl╠Âd╠Âe╠Âr╠Âs╠ ╠Âa╠Âg╠Ân╠Âa╠Âa╠Â!╠Â

But I will need you to unlock few profiles later to arrange some explanations

Alright. Could you unlock Flowey, Sans, Asriel Dreemurr and Frisk so i can update their explanations?

Im updating asriel because his original downgrade to 2-B was based on him being unfathomably superior to flowey. Plus infinite superiority does not take you from 2-C to 2-B. So he should be at least 2-C likely 2-B.

I don't know. I am not well-informed enough about the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back