• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The ability cards aren’t one off, but they are recent to the series. They were introduced in Touhou 18, then in Marisa’s solo game, Touhou 18.5, she canonically collected every single one available, and then they show up again in the most recent game in the series, Touhou 19. That’s 3 consecutive games in the series that they appear in, the most recent games as well, and Marisa is canonically the only character to have collected them all. If they’re standard for ANYONE in Touhou, it’s Marisa ESPECIALLY.

I’m not sure how we’re being biased for Marisa here when we’re just using things that were accepted onto her profile, and the argument has shifted from if Azzy has any counter, to arguing against what’s on the profiles or if they’re standard or not.
(NGL all the arguments about this ability should probably go on a CRT, not here) But honestly, I don't think this ability or similar abilities from the game should be taken literally, especially if they deal with game mechanics such as skipping boss fights. Like, the manga has shown that the characters don't really use most of these abilities like in the games, or even have them at hand, specially Marisa. I mean, y'all are implying she has a card that makes her auto win with subjective reality but in Touhou 19 she doesn't have that card anymore and that's the most recent game in the series and in the manga, Cheating detective Satori and Lotus Eaters, Marisa could have won a lot of fights in that manga if she had the wacky ability to auto win fights and turn it into a win. Like, what's the explanation? When Marisa was fighting Flandre or when everyone is trying to catch Mizuchi, why didn't Marisa just go up to them, pull up that card and auto win? Did she forget she can do that? Are they resistant to Subjective reality? (Lol) Did she not have that card at hand? If so, it's not standard equipment.

Also, I want clarification, I haven't played Unconnected Marketeers nor 18.5 (And I probably won't, I heard they're bad games lol) but how many cards can you equip at once? Can you equip all cards at once? Is Sheep you can count a single use card, or can you spam that ability once you obtain it to skip all bosses and get to the last boss?

This seems like how in video games, in game 1 you can get a ton of weapons, armor and accessories but suddenly in game 2 you lose access to those items. I don't know how something like that would be treated on this site, but I would only use the items from the most recent story as standard equipment. It seems weird to assume these characters can use every item they have had in previous games even though in the next games and stories, they could have used it to have easy wins, but they haven't. I don't know, maybe they're stupid, maybe it's bad writing, or maybe we aren't meant to put much thought into it.

Oh, and from the Asriel side of the argument, can Asriel use Time manipulation, save and load and the TRUE RESET in this battle?

Right now I am leaning towards Asriel winning, their arguments seem more convincing. But Marisa seems to have more haxes in her bio, maybe she has something else to win.

Oh, and from the Asriel side of the argument, can Asriel use Time manipulation, save and load and the TRUE RESET in this battle?
To stop Asriel from loading she would have to destroy his mind, soul and body iirc but the mot important part is mind.

True Reset is weird, I dont think Azzy will use it in character. It would mean she loses her souls I think, it will be an easy win though if he uses it

Many-Words Interpretations, aka the "for each possibility there is a universe where it happens".

Undertale isn't that, but it's comparable in size due to it following a similar infinitely-expanding logic for its multiverse.
Isn't that Low outversal, to high outversal now....Outversal undertale confirmed

To stop Asriel from loading she would have to destroy his mind, soul and body iirc but the mot important part is mind.

True Reset is weird, I dont think Azzy will use it in character. It would mean she loses her souls I think, it will be an easy win though if he uses it
I see, NGL, I don't think Marisa can get past his Save and loading unless she has an ability that lets her harm Asriel's mind. I read her profile and I didn't see an ability like that unless I missed it.
Isn't that Low outversal, to high outversal now....Outversal undertale confirmed
Powerscaling is a mistake. Powerscaling has fallen. BILLIONS must DIE.

And y'all don't even say how Marisa using that fits one of these:

From my limited understanding (as I haven't played the game, just watched it—)

Marisa uses the card. It allows the player to skip the stage, but is seems to still treat it as a "clear" since it still says "attempt succeeded" (with a question mark) and Marisa gains a new card.

So, in this context, it'd basically replace the current reality with a reality where she made it past Asriel? Whether that's winning, inconing, whatever. It makes her succeed in some way?

-

As for why it's not used often, I don't think that's a fair point. Marisa in CDS is consistently caught off guard and even when she's in a fight, that wouldn't automatically mean she'd use something. No Touhou character uses abilities at every point in their life, outside the ones they're known for. I mean, I don't even recall seeing the forcefield ability outside of the games until CDS.

Though, I don't know how standard equipment works on the Wiki. Marisa apparently has the card, it appeared in 3 games (according to someone here) and Marisa is stated to have hoarded the cards. By all accounts, she has them and they're part of her arsenal. I just don't think she'd be carrying them at all times, similar to how Trunks wouldn't be carrying his sword 24/7.

Frankly, that logic of "these characters have all these things but never use them in the next entry" Isn't even uncommon across fiction, especially in terms of video games. If a character canonically has said thing, whether or not they use it doesn't matter so long as the series doesn't go and claim they lost it or something.

As for Asriel vs Marisa, I have no comment. Asriel page confuses my non-UT fan brain and it seems a few things are missing from Marisa's page like some ability cards (unless I'm blind, which I am, so I could've missed em—)

Back