• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

White Winged Wraiths: Zeref Dragneel vs Rensa

I don't think that's actually why Natsu has time resistance

IIRC He only developed his resistance after Dimaria

He didn't develop the resistance, he got it after awakening into E.ND. It's not like he adapted to Dimaria's magic, she was just unlucky enough that he had resistance to her main thing.

I'm just going to point out we don't know how much Zeref does and does not know about Natsu's abilities but we do know a few things; 1) he's intimately aware of Natsu's potential strength since he specifically designed Natsu to kill him 2) Zeref himself made it clear that prior to the war he sought to learn as much as he could about Natsu and the people he surrounds himself with so it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that Zeref would know about Natsu's resistance. But like I said we don't know if he did know or not.

While Zeref does know timestop it definitely isn't a move he tends to use or favour, but if literally this entire fight is Zeref throwing one thing after another against his opponent and ultimately nothing is working I see no reason to not believe Zeref would eventually use timestop if literally every other option is explored and exhausted. He's shown no particular disdain or aversion to the technique his reluctance to use it just seems to be personal preference. Plus saying that "Zeref in character will never use it" is kinda unfair, he was definitely himself when he used it the first time and while he didn't use it when he was clashing with Natsu, he wanted to trade blows with Natsu in their initial clash at the guild- he was revelling in it- and their fight post-FH u have to remember Natsu was nullifying his time magic when they clashed, at that point timestop had become irrelevant.

Davidsteel1 said:
I'm just going to point out we don't know how much Zeref does and does not know about Natsu's abilities but we do know a few things; 1) he's intimately aware of Natsu's potential strength since he specifically designed Natsu to kill him 2) Zeref himself made it clear that prior to the war he sought to learn as much as he could about Natsu and the people he surrounds himself with so it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that Zeref would know about Natsu's resistance. But like I said we don't know if he did know or not.
The first thing you point out is enough as we know for a fact that Zeref invented Curses and was the one who gave his other demons their abilities. If Zeref didn't give Natsu resistance to time stop, then that means that Natsu had it as a normal human baby which wouldn't make any sense and is contradicted by him not resisting time stop until after E.N.D. was awakened.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
@DragonEmperor23

Zeref doesn't even think to use it against Natsu when he is losing.
For this part specifically, you have to remember that Zeref wasn't losing until Natsu power nulled him. He couldn't have stopped time at that point even if he had wanted to.

This is asinine logic. Zeref made E.N.D., sure. However, this does not mean Zeref knows of Natsu's resistances, especially since Natsu develops his Time Stop Resistance after his encounter with Dimaria.

It's impossible for you to say that Zeref knows about that resistance and that Zeref never thought to use Time Stop because of Natsu's resistance. If I were to ask you for proof, you literally could not prove it.

So again, Zeref is never going to use Time-Stop in character when he only used it once in the entire series.

This is asinine logic. Zeref made E.N.D., sure. However, this does not mean Zeref knows of Natsu's resistances, especially since Natsu develops his Time Stop Resistance after his encounter with Dimaria.
It's impossible for you to say that Zeref knows about that resistance and that Zeref never thought to use Time Stop because of Natsu's resistance. If I were to ask you for proof, you literally could not prove it.

So again, Zeref is never going to use Time-Stop in character when he only used it once in the entire series.
It's actually a major plot point that Natsu is becoming more demonic over time. He didn't get resistance to time stop because he fought Dimaria, he got it because he transformed into E.N.D. The proof is literally common sense and is in the story. Zeref gave his demons all their powers and E.N.D is one of those demons. You're arguing that Zeref gave Natsu a power he didn't know he gave him.

I'm sorry how is it asinine logic to believe that character A who literally hand made character B wouldn't have an idea of what the character B can do? I know I mentioned that we don't know for sure what Zeref knows about Natsu's abilities and ultimately stand by that, but their logic is far from being asinine. Zeref made Natsu, it isn't beyond reason to assume that he would at least have an estimate of what Natsu could potentially do.

@Dragon

Zeref made Natsu, this is true. He made Natsu to be powerful, but he didn't train Natsu nor help Natsu develop. Natsu did that separately from Zeref. So no, it's baseless to assume that Zeref knows of Natsu's resistances.

@David

It's asinine because Zeref made Natsu before Natsu was actually born. Zeref didn't raise Natsu, Zeref didn't help Natsu's powers develop and we aren't told that Zeref gave Natsu his resistances.

Plus the fact that that Zeref only knows the exacts of the Natsu he made at the time, Natsu changed over time. Natsu developed new powers, new resistances and modes. Things Zeref would have no knowledge of and things Zeref never demonstrated having knowledge of. It's fallacious.

@Dragon
Zeref made Natsu, this is true. He made Natsu to be powerful, but he didn't train Natsu nor help Natsu develop. Natsu did that separately from Zeref. So no, it's baseless to assume that Zeref knows of Natsu's resistances.
The only thing that Natsu developed was Fire Dragonslayer magic and it's variants after learning the base magic from Igneel who Zeref gave Natsu to. The resistance to time manipulation comes from his demon side which is what Zeref created and would know what it would give Natsu. Natsu didn't develop resistance to time stop on it's own, it came from Zeref. It being fallacious would be correct if we were talking about things that Zeref didn't have a direct hand in. For example, when Natsu attacked Zeref with Igneel's power, Zeref was surprised at how strong it made him. This is because he wasn't there for Natsu to absorb Igneel's power and wouldn't know about it. On the other hand with E.N.D, Zeref is the sole reason why it exists and it's the only reason Natsu can move in stopped time.

well it depends what version of rensa it is, if it's rensa 29 the the odd are in zeref favor as she tendes to stay with accel power but can still switch, if it's rensa 28 she tends to fit the power that she think counter best and mind controll him most of the times, so it depends, but even then killing the active rensa without arming the body just switches her up to the next personality

sorry by personalities i mean cut up part small 40 brains stored inside, when one goes offline they switch to the next, she should have souls alothought AC is pretty vague about it but it's one for each brain

She doesn't I don't think, just a living brain piloting a body

Though....This is a bit of problem isn't it?

If Zeref uses time Stop and Death she switches to mental out a mindhaxes doesn't she?

Kinda wish I knew that

well that depends the brain are bilogically dead (frozen) until they are activated if i'm not wrong but i have to reread

It should still mess up the brains to the point of them being non usuable. On trees, it's been shown to disintegrate once it comes in contact with the magic and it's withered away plants.

Character version: The strongest canon version of a character is used, that we have listed. The strongest version being defined as the one with the highest tier; if there are multiple versions with the same tier, then the most recent version.

Yes they do.

Rensa' brains communicate to her body differently and cause more precise actions, plus everything Mal said

But meh.

Wouldn't that not change her physicals? If the brains just change in what type of actions to perform, then they would still be strong as the body doesn't change.

Back