• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

White Winged Wraiths: Zeref Dragneel vs Rensa

Alright so, Rensa starts with The Accelerator and Zeref has FH. I'm almost certain Zeref never uses his time stop in combat and I agree with the above that it definitely wouldn't be the go to when he has Fairy Heart. Also iirc Zeref's death manipulation spreads like a field or a mist so it has directional vectors that Rensa could manipulate. Rensa however can't kill him due to his immortality and time reversal. So like Demise was saying she would have to switch her output point to Mental Out to incapacitate which would take barley a second. I think it would be more likely than Zeref resorting to time stop in battle against someone who has proven unable to bypass his immortality hax and harm him in any meaningful way.

Hello Zensum. Your coming was fortold in the ancient legends of about 45 minutes ago. I don't know anything about you, but I am told we may go against eachother soon

You make it sound like Zeref doesn't want to win. Yes, Rensa's first attacks aren't going to kill him but it's not like he's just going to go "Well she can't kill me I guess I'm good." After her first attack splatters him and he realizes he can't punch her, he's going to time stop and then attack her again. Also, she has to realize that the only way for her to win is to use Mental Out too, it's possible she could think his regen has a limit to it.

As for him not using time stop in Fairy Heart mode, I already explained above that the only opponent he fought in that mode had resistance to time stop and he was trigger happy with his other forms of time manip with his reversal and time travel. Even characters with comparable or worse time stop than Zeref like Dimaria could spam it during combat.

Zensum said:
I think would be more likely than Zeref resorting to time stop in battle against someone who has proven unable to bypass his immortality hax and harm him in any meaningful way.
This is wrong for a couple of reasons. For one, Zeref's immortality only gives him Mid Regen and he has baseline continental durability and AP while Rensa has High 6-A AP. A single attack from her is going to turn him into a bloodstain. The only reason that's not where the fight ends is because Zeref has time reversal which let's him come back without any of his body left. So yes, Zeref will almost die every time she attacks him which with his genius intelligence doesn't make it hard to see that time stop is the go to.

Wait if he only gets mid Regen why wouldn't he just be dead.

Because he can reverse time without his body existing anymore. Even after it was completely vaporized, he still just rewinded time to before he took any damage.

I agree with Rin's assement. Zeref has never used time stop in a fight so why would that be the second thing he chooses to go to in FH? Time reversal is a new ability he got with FH, while Time Stop he always had but barley used. Rensa #28's operator analyzes just like with Five_Over and will choose the most efficient output point to to counter her enemies so Mental Out gets used early on regardless. It's more likely Rensa incaps before Zeref timestops. Yea this is a vote btw

In the 546 chapters of Fairy Tail, Zeref uses Time Stop once. People even argue what he used wasn't Time Stop even.

6-A Zeref only used Time Reversal once and connected two points of time once.

Anyone trying to argue Zeref actually Time Stops in-character is being dishonest about his character.

The Five_Over's have profiles. Their macro engineering have all been incoperated into Rensa along with esper personal reality quantum mechanics.

When he kill hades, he restricts the other two(kein and another character form grimore heart) movement render them unable to move. Zeref never use time stop in mid combat cause he only fight natsu and want to "enjoy" it. He even kill larcade cause he interfaces their fight. He didn't use time stop didn't mean he can't it his ability. Also he have movement restriction to restrict his opponent movement without casting any spell

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
In the 546 chapters of Fairy Tail, Zeref uses Time Stop once. People even argue what he used wasn't Time Stop even.
6-A Zeref only used Time Reversal once and connected two points of time once.

Anyone trying to argue Zeref actually Time Stops in-character is being dishonest about his character.
Instead of saying how many times he used the ability, it doesn't matter compared to why he used the ability. Natsu has only power nulled three times over the course of the story, does this mean that he won't power null in character? No, it means he only does it in certain situations. You're arguing that Zeref's character is to let himself get punched into a bloodstain over and over again which is dishonest.

Zensum said:
The Five_Over's have profiles. Their macro engineering have all been incoperated into Rensa along with esper personal reality quantum mechanics.
I found the Mental Out and Railgun Five Over profiles. Rensa's profile says she has to switch into the different powersets so if one of them have a best outcome ability, she would have to get out of Accelerator mode first.

Zensum said:
I think it would be more likely than Zeref resorting to time stop in battle against someone who has proven unable to bypass his immortality hax and harm him in any meaningful way.
^ He said Zeref won't use time stop on her because she can't hurt him in any way. This is wrong because of the AP difference but if he means that time reversal makes the harm meaningless then he's saying that Zeref will get punched into splatters by Rensa and just do it over and over instead of anything else.

There's nothing there about being able choose the most efficient output to beat her enemies. The closest is the sensor thing but that only says it tells you how much of a risk the enemy poses to you.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I found the Mental Out and Railgun Five Over profiles. Rensa's profile says she has to switch into the different powersets so if one of them have a best outcome ability, she would have to get out of Accelerator mode first.
Nah I'm saying Five_Overs technology is installed in Rensa. Five_Over's A.I. system assess the threat and chooses the simplest action available. In Rensa she uses the most suitable esper output point. The esper abilties have to be swapped like I said earlier but it takes less than a second.

DragonEmperor23 said:
^ He said Zeref won't use time stop on her because she can't hurt him in any way. This is wrong because of the AP difference but if he means that time reversal makes the harm meaningless then he's saying that Zeref will get punched into splatters by Rensa and just do it over and over instead of anything else.
Rin/Made said he won't use timestop because he never does. There is no AP difference 6-A comes from a specific application of The Accelerator regarding the earths rotation. He won't be splattered by basic punches unless blood/bio-elec reverse is used.

There is no way to argue Zeref using Time-Stop. Him having only one instance in the Tartaros Arc out of the whole series is not a solid "Zeref will use Time-Stop here".

It's not in-character for him to use it and he's not going to use it.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Why would it not splatter him if it uses High 6-A energy? Does she not use the High 6-A applications of Accelator's power?
She wont use that in character not even accel uses it in that manner unless he's angry.

There is no way to argue Zeref using Time-Stop. Him having only one instance in the Tartaros Arc out of the whole series is not a solid "Zeref will use Time-Stop here".

Now you are making things, zeref only fight Natsu who can resist its effect(since zeref made him kill him anyways)

Here pissed of zeref stop those to movement you can tell me why he stop them if he never uses time stop in character-https://youtu.be/K88nlB5IAv0

Context matters. Not using time stop against someone who resists is not a reason to say he won't against someone who doesn't resist.

@1997KD That's the only time in the entire series that Zeref uses it.

@DragonEmperor23

Context does matter. Context is that Zeref doesn't even know that Natsu is resistance and Zeref doesn't even think to use it against Natsu when he is losing.

Zeref in character will never use it.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017
@DragonEmperor23

Context does matter. Context is that Zeref doesn't even know that Natsu is resistance and Zeref doesn't even think to use it against Natsu when he is losing.

Zeref in character will never use it.

That's not even headcanon, that's just straight up wrong. Zeref is the one who created E.N.D and is the reason why Natsu can resist time stop.

Back