• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What's going on with rebirth superman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently he has quite a few multiversal feats. Supposedly he can destroy the phantom zone. And now he has dr manhatten saying he could him. Is DC buffing superman? Is superman becomming the strongest character in DC?

We're currently discussing stuff like this here. Also, I highly doubt Rebirth Superman is actually going to be Tier 2 or multiversal. Destroying the Phantom Zone? Not sure where that came from, and I doubt it was actually destroying it. Breaking out of it perhaps, or destroying a machine that grants access perhaps, but I doubt it's a universal feat.

Doctor Manhattan thing is being anticipated, but it looks like he merely confronts a nerfed avatar of Manhattan who seemingly can't see future; he has a vague vision though. And it's doubtful if they actually "fight" persay. Matthew Schroeder would know a lot more than I do about topic though. I know chapter 8 of Doomsday clock is out now though.

The destroying the phantom zone thing came from when he was enraged and on the verge of killing was planning on destroying it. Plus zod and superman apparently shook it during their fight.

When was it implied that it was an avatar of dr Manhattan?

Well, that's still too vague, and shaking the Phantom Zone I think was brought up and was considered unquantifiable. It can at best be considering limited Space-Time hax rather than AP iirc.

Also, Doctor Manhattan is supposed to be omnipresent across space-time, so when you see what looks like a body of some sort, that's merely an embodiment. Same with Mister Mxyzptlk. Not to mention, Manhattan having a vision who couldn't foresee sounds PIS like tbh, but again; it's not really a Tier 2 feat.

You could ask Matthew Schroeder to comment here if you'd like though.

Superman legit mentions he could destroy the entire Phantom Zone dimension if he wanted when he's enraged. It would legit be a Low 2-C feat.

But it's an outlier.

I agree with Matthew. In addition, the claim was left unproven, and the method was uncertain.

It seems to either be an outlier or Doctor Manhattan being a glass cannon, but we don't know yet.

Manhattan's case basically ties in to what I've been saying earlier about it being PIS, or if that's even true at all. Anyway, is the question answered?

I suppose that we can probably close this thread, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back