• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman Additions #1 (Post-Crisis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator

Everything here applies to Rebirth.

Special thanks to: https://ulltraguy.blogspot.com/2023/12/character-analysis-post-crises-superman.html?m=1

Last edited:
Agree with all power bestowal should maybe be limited given it only works under a specific condition but eh
Limited Power Nullification (Broke a magic spell through his willpower) | Superman Annual Vol 2 #7
Except this, tbh it just seems like SNW, and him being Superman.
I wouldn't exactly call that "power null", even limited, he just broke out of the spell via, well, pure will and maybe a bit of brute force. Don't think we usually list things like that as nullification? Hell we usually go with resistance to that specific thing first before assuming something as encompassing as power null.

Last edited:
What's the context for "the others" here? From the wording it seems like a general thing
This feels like he might just not have had control over his powers under a blue sun
The first one here I'd say is Vibration manip, not soun
Isn't this also EE?
Resistance to Existence Erasure (Has withstood Darkseid’s Omega Beams. The Time Trapper has admitted to being unable to erase Superman from history) | Adventures of Superman Vol 1 #595, Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds #5
Omega Beams are also listed as Causality Manip so he resists that too
This is a Rebirth comic.
Universal Range with Super-Senses | Superman Vol 2 #219
I dunno if I'd really list senses as range, I'd just chuck it in the P&A itself

Everything else is good, though I agree with the disagreements with powernull

It says it's a "supersonic" boom so I think it was just a shockwave, sound can't really be supersonic.

It says it's a "supersonic" boom so I think it was just a shockwave, sound can't really be supersonic.
Batman reacting to a mach 3 bullet because he heard the sound of it ripping through the air or whatever :)

What's the context for "the others" here? From the wording it seems like a general thing
The other Superman variants she recruited.
This feels like he might just not have had control over his powers under a blue sun
Fair.
The first one here I'd say is Vibration manip, not soun
Edited.
Isn't this also EE?
Not really sure tbh
This is a Rebirth comic.
Superman/Batman (Volume 1) is Pre-Flashpoint.

Limited Reactive Evolution (Superman has shown to develop powers spontaneously when needed in certain situations) | Action Comics Vol 1 #857, Final Crisis: Superman Beyond #1
I'd have to disagree with this one, as it doesn't read to me like Superman is developing a power he didn't have, rather that his eyes are adjusting to a space he's never been in before. "Well within your superior optical range."
I'd prefer this be "limited" as it seems to be a coincidental application of x-ray vision when unstable molecules are involved. I don't imagine he can do much else with this.

Otherwise it looks good.

Yeah and in a VS thread the universe equalization thing will make it so Supes should be able to do it to people in other verses, I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back