• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I myself find interesting how Ewing and Marquez are finishing a story showing what lies in The Outside.
In other words, we're finally seeing outerversal layers in Marvel, with the Far Shore being base and Oblivion/the land couldn't be shouldn't being three layers beyond that. And it seems the House of Ideas/the Below Place are at the top/bottom of that.
Once this story ends, it seems it will be necessary to make some edits on Marvel Cosmology, especially regarding the Beyonders, The Molecule Man, The Phoenix Force, Oblivion, and The One Above/Below All.
Beyond that, I find the story really good and intriguing, and the art is amazing.

I have also mostly appreciated Al Ewing's attempts to make somewhat coherent sense of contradictory cosmology and leftover plot threads from other writers.

Well, it fits for these kinds of quite surrealistic stories.

Totally agree...The Mystery also seem to be an absolute infinity
Considering Never Queen who can casually access the house of idea considered the possibility that the mystery is even beyond it.

The way she described looked like the mystery is without end with infinite transcending layers. As she said there are still places beyond the house. That should like make the mystery/peak marvel cosmology Possiblly high 1A.
With house of ideas being 4 steps into outerversal

Marvel cosmology itself seems to stop with the House, but that is supposed to be in our reality/symbolic for the offices of Marvel Comics, and going my by personal experiences there are much greater abstract, metaphysical, spiritual, and conceptual realities above our own material world.

That said, I haven't read the final issue yet.

Marvel cosmology itself seems to stop with the House, but that is supposed to be in our reality/symbolic for the offices of Marvel Comics, and going my by personal experiences there are much greater abstract, metaphysical, spiritual, and conceptual realities above our own material world.
The mystery is a marvel concept one that can be accessed by abstracts like The Never Queen so it still makes sense that Marvel in totality comprises the mystery and that for the created/toaa limited cosmology it stops at the HOI. I mean if it wasnt part of Marvel Never queen shouldnt have known about anything being beyond HoI.
That said, I haven't read the final issue yet.
Comes out this month.

There are so many changes this run will ultimately lead to when it comes to the cosmic side of marvel.
Multiversal embodiments are depicted as superior to the beyonder.

I think that it's great Al Ewing is making clear exactly how the higher planes in marvel are set, right after explaining the history and nature of the multiverses in the original defenders comic

Well, the exact specifics regarding how the higher planes of reality relate to each other seem to have been left a bit up in the air, but I likely simply just do not remember properly.

Totally agree...The Mystery also seem to be an absolute infinity
Considering Never Queen who can casually access the house of idea considered the possibility that the mystery is even beyond it.

The way she described looked like the mystery is without end with infinite transcending layers. As she said there are still places beyond the house. That should like make the mystery/peak marvel cosmology Possiblly high 1A.
With house of ideas being 4 steps into outerversal
So should any other multiverses parts like the first firmament and multiverses eternity scale to that?

So should any other multiverses parts like the first firmament and multiverses eternity scale to that?
Eternity is only 2 steps above baseline Outerversal the same with every multiverses in terms of structure but yeah their powers could scale higher.

would the defenders comic run from late 2021 be added to vsbw. It has two important entities to the cosmology: Lifebringer One, and the Anti-All

Those characters only appeared briefly in two issues though. That is not noteworthy enough for our purposes.

would the defenders comic run from late 2021 be added to vsbw. It has two important entities to the cosmology: Lifebringer One, and the Anti-All
Anti one was the embodiment of none existence in the 3rd cosmos...described to be older than even stories and thus should scale to multiversal embodiments like Eternity.

It seems like we are derailing here, as this is not a content revision thread.

I just read the final issue, and wow, Al Ewing really is a brilliantly inventive, imaginative, and profound author, who also does a lot of research and figures out how to fit disconnected things into a pattern, isn't he?

Also, I think that The Beyonder likely just forcibly un-retconned himself at the end after seeing reality more from an author perspective. Again, wow.

I also really want to see where Al Ewing goes with this story regarding "The Enigma" threat that is more powerful than even The One Above All, and likely something or somebody located in our real world.

Last edited:
I also really want to see where Al Ewing goes with this story regarding "The Enigma" threat that is more powerful than even The One Above All, and likely something or somebody located in our real world.
I guess they're trying to make a being more powerful than the TOAA. I hope that they can pull this off as we all know what happened the last time they tried this

You mean The Beyonder himself? I do not think that The One Above all had appeared yet back then.

I just read the final issue, and wow, Al Ewing really is a brilliantly inventive, imaginative, and profound author, who also does a lot of research and figures out how to fit disconnected things into a pattern, isn't he?
Oh he is.
Also, I think that The Beyonder likely just forcibly un-retconned himself at the end after seeing reality more from an author perspective. Again, wow.
Unretconned? He tore the panels...didnt see him unretcon anything.
The Enigma is the idea of the mystery.
It isnt a bigger threat than toaa. Nothing ever hinted that. The enigma is a concept of the mystery, the unknown that lies beyond the crown of creation, this is something Never Queen hinted at.

Also Remember Adam saying the house is just the beginning of what toaa truly represent.

You mean The Beyonder himself? I do not think that The One Above all had appeared yet back then.
Hoi was what the Beyonder had planned all this time and he used his defensive team to achieve it and he was told that he is unlimited and all powerful even in many key positions, how far ahead of base 1-a do you think the Beyonder can be. ?

Back