• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Divine Creator(Marvel Comics) Profile

I don't know about him being tier 0 and all that but I do think that the Demattis cosmology should be inspected more thoroughly when it comes to the overall relation it has to the greater scale of the marvel cosmology (although considering the whole fallen stars thing it could lead to tier 0 abstracts and some lovecraft to SCP levels of nonesense which I hate since I despise anything to do with characters above 2-A since the "my infinity is bigger than your infinity" debating sucks all types of muck and filth but what can ya do)
Noted.

Yeah, I think there’s enough people agreeing to separate the profile. All that’s needed is a sandbox for the character.

What do you think?
I don't see a good reason to seperate then out. They still hold mostly the same role and I don't see enough of a difference between the two versions to require some split at the moment.

If outvoted then it would probably be Tier 0 for being a Monad or whatever Ultima was talking about.

I don't see a good reason to seperate then out. They still hold mostly the same role and I don't see enough of a difference between the two versions to require some split at the moment.
There is especially with how Ewing treated the One Above All. Matteis favors Hinduism over Kabbalah and there’s a difference between both Adam in the story. Divine Creator has only been mentioned during his writings and literally is based off something that Ewing did not intend.

They’re not the same thing and they never truly were. We decided to stick the notion that God means God that adheres to the logic: Divine Creator = TOAA which is a pretty weak reasoning.

Not only that, but his ideology isn't necessarily used or even matches with that of other Marvel writers. Not to mention that including DeMatteis's interpretation in the composite Marvel Cosmology creates inaccurate tiers and more confusion than anything else. This way, DeMatteis' works would not be discredited and we will avoid a lot of confusion.

This is the monster of all bumps and I apologize for that, but I'm 100% on board with what Elizio is stating. As someone that has been analyzing the Strange Tales / Fallen Stars line of comics since I first appeared on Vsbattles years back, DeMatteis' view on the cosmology is completely different in comparison to anything the other writers have come up with, especially on his views of God which is fully intended to be his own (and everyone's) interpretation of God based on several statements and interviews.

I'd normally say the issue is where exactly to take the cosmology once we separate it, but we already know where we're tiering God thanks to Ultima, and considering how the cosmology is set up with God both literally being everyone and everything in the setting and being both the Dreamer and the Dream itself, we should have a pretty good idea of where the Cosmology inevitably ends up.

Out of curiosity, is the Divine Creator going to fit into the Cosmology as the theoretical power above TOAA that was mentioned in the Defenders Comics?
I doubt it since the concept was Hindu while Defenders is Kabbalah. Though Brahman and Ein Sof share similarities at the top of their respective belief. I doubt Ewing was referring to the Divine Creator. Nevertheless, I believe the entity easily surpasses the One Above All.

As Goofy said, You can technically feasibly imply Divine Creator , Seeker's God, and Divine Presence are the same God, as DeMatteis stated every time he mentions God/Creator in his stories he is referring to the same God:

"Anytime I mention God/Creator in my stories, I'm referring to God. Not a fictional character, but God. And your interpretation of that depends on your personal vision of God" (Yes I memorized it).

Back