• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We are now a part of the official Fandom app

@All

The Fandom staff member Mira Laime has replied to me in private that Wonder Woman is fine for female representation, but seems to prefer the live action version, so if the following image uses that incarnation instead, it should hopefully be fine to submit for possible approval:

[1]

As for including Superman or Spider-Man, we already have a superhero in the image, so that would be redundant.

I am also not sure if we have room for another character in the given image format, unless it is Mickey Mouse kept at the same size as Mario, in front of Goku and Wonder Woman but if so, Darth Vader would be a good choice, yes.

I honestly think that the above linked image is fine though. We should just adjust it with the live action Wonder Woman instead.

Skalt711 said:
Very fine then. Unfortunately, I have no access to my PC within the next 5 hours, so please, wait quite a well before I'll put a live action Wonder Woman.
No problem. Thank you for the help.

Mickey TBH should likely be even smaller than Mario, but not by much, I mean, according to a quick search, Mickey is about 2.5 feet tall, which is about 76cm.

And apparently, Mario is 5 feet tall, or 155cm.

But I don´t think size accuracy should be our main focus anyways.

Well, I suppose that Skalt711 could create an alternative image with Son Goku, comicbook Wonder Woman, and Darth Vader standing side by side, with Mario and Mickey in front.

The reason for this version using a comicbook Wonder Woman instead, is that Darth Vader is a live action character, so it would span a greater range of genres and types of media.

We should not use a 1.55m tall Mario though. It would block out too much of the background characters.

Anyway, this would give the Fandom staff two alternatives when selecting images.

The Mickey Mouse (Composite) image is probably best to use.

Honestly, Mickey stands out too much. Compared to the vibe the other characters give off, Mickey's persona doesn't convey what's trying to come across. Yes, Mickey's more iconic than all of them, but that's not the point. The point is to show characters that would represent what VSBW is about, which is power. Which is why I wanted to use Smash4!Mario render instead of the happy go lucky SMB!Mario render. There's a reason only one person is clamoring for Mickey being in the pic (no offense, btw).

Obviously, I have no problem whatsoever with Mickey, but he's not what we're looking for to represent VSBW.

The reason Mickey is in, is to also put clear to new users that the characters featured in the site don´t necesarilly have to be "serious" or not be "something that can be taken as a joke", as those are just subjetive.

Mickey would also increase the appeal in attention to the demographics, then again.

If the site gets a noticeable amount of "taken as a joke" characters, that's not good. We are primarily about the "serious" characters. Not about the Shreks or SpongeBobs. Yes, we're all-inclusive but we clearly have a demographic we're trying to appeal to.

@The real cal howard

Noted. I'll try using Smash4!Mario and compare it to SMB!Mario to see what will look better.

Cal does have a point. I just thought that the Disney wiki is one of the most popular in Fandom. How about comicbook Wonder Woman, Son Goku, and Dart Vader standing side by side, with Mario in the front then?

Dude, imma be completely blunt. Nobody (barrring you and iirc, Crabwhale) wants Barney as a profile. I have nothing else to elaborate on for that. Many of us just...don't want that profile. If anyone wants to interject, I'll eat my humble pie and shut up, but I doubt I am.

Antvasima said:
Cal does have a point. I just thought that the Disney wiki is one of the most popular in Fandom. How about comicbook Wonder Woman, Son Goku, and Dart Vader standing side by side, with Mario in the front then?
Disney is popular

@Ant. That is a good point. It is well, Disney. If you wanna use a Disney character, it should be one of the more "fit for VSBW" ones. Frankly, an Elsa render with her using her ice powers would work, though someone like Jafar would be more serious.

I´m not saying Barney should be in the picture anymore, however, let´s leave the issue regarding his comeback to the site for later.

Anyways, I already bringed up a lot of good reasons for Mickey to be featured in the logo, I´ll just wait for more regarding that.

Elsa is a more recent character though, not really iconic yet, and there is no room for her using her powers. Jafar is too unpopular.

If we're gonna use any Disney character, I'd say Elsa. It also fulfills our female requirement so we can use Supes over WW.

Edit: Ant ninja'd me.

Not Elsa, she´s not iconic yet, and if she one day falls simply outdated, we won´t be able to easily redesign the picture later.

Look, just to explain my stance. All that I am thinking of here is what showcases that we span a lot of genres and types of media, and increases our marketability by using recogniseable characters that can be used in a powerscaling context. That is all.

If we're using 3 characters, I think Wonder Woman, Mario and Goku are the best options since we need to have a female character in there.

If we're using 4 characters, then WW needs to be her comic version and I think Darth Vader or Harry Potter are good choices. Though a character from the MCU movies can also be used given their extreme popularity nowadays. For example, we could use Thor, Iron Man or even Thanos. Or perhaps use Captain Marvel, and replace WW with Supes/Spiderman.

Those are my suggestions.

We should preferably stick with one superhero character, not several.

Back