• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We are now a part of the official Fandom app

We already decided to go with Wonder Woman instead of Superman by the looks of it; even though Superman's technically more iconic. Though, Batman and Spiderman both seem to be more popular in this era. But I think Wonder Woman would be the best choice overall; plus it shows we aren't sexist, there should be equality.

Bob, we aren't using mickey mouse and that's just how it's gonna be.

We're using wonder woman because the fandom staff member wanted a female character, and I think Wonder Woman is fine keeping that in mind.

I mean, the most of a "reason" to not do so is only because basically "he doesn´t represent the mentaility of the site"

Again, I think it would be a good idea so the site has a bigger demographical appeal.

It´s not like him being there make us seem at first as an exaggerating place or something.

i think we can agree here, sometimes we got bit jealous due to your favorite char does not appear in VSwiki Logo lol

If I may be so bold to give an opinion on this, here's what I think. Immma put mine in bullets to have it flow better.

• We should use 4 characters instead of 3. More than that it gets crowded, but this way we can include the iconic characters we need.
  • Put said characters in a diamond formation. To save space. For that to work, the character at the bottom has to be short.
  • The four characters we should use are Mario, Goku, Supes, and Wonder Woman. I don't want to use to characters from the same franchise, but c'est la vie. Supes is the most popular comic character both in general and in a vs debating perspective so he can't be nixed. Wonder Woman is the most popular fictional female imo. One could argue Moon, but semantics.
  • It doesn't matter if we use Z or Super Goku.
  • Use the Smash 4 render for Mario as opposed to a SMB render. It looks more combat ready.
  • Mario should be at the bottom as he's the shortest.
  • Supes and Goku should be side by side due to their rivalry. If possible, make the two of them stand out somehow.
  • Wonder Woman fills the one on the top of the diamond formation.
  • While Supes should be in his comic version (probably Post Crisis), WW should be in her DCAU incarnation. One, so she doesn't contrast with everyone else and two, to represent western animation as opposed to another comic representative.

Huesito88 said:
And yet we'll still have Goku vs Superman banned =P
This is also why I don´t think having Superman AND Goku at once is a good idea, unless staff go ahead and make a staff-only match regarding those two

It's kind of preferable to have each and every character we include be from a different medium; and not just a different franchise. And distinction is important; let's have a Comic character to represent western region, Anime/Manga character to represent eastern region, a Video Game character to be in the middle. If we're going to have a 4th, it would probably be best to have a book character or something. But, Goku, Wonder Woman, and Mario all seem to meet the requirements here.

Also @Cal, having Superman and Wonder Woman kind of breaks two rules; one per franchise and one per medium.

The only book characters who could work would be Potter and Percy, both who stand out too much compared to the rest, nor are notable in a vs debating standpoint. I don't like having two from the same medium, let alone two from the same franchise. But you can't' exclude Supes when you're talking about vs debating for the same reason you can't exclude Goku, and we need a female rep. Besides, this way it evens out as there's two western characters and two eastern characters.

Video Games are prominent and both; plus Mario's a Western character created by Easter creators is another reason. Also, if we absolutely have to use Superman, then what iconic "Eastern girl made by a western company" would suffice. And maybe it doesn't have to be a book character, but a movie or Live Action Television character could also work.

I don't think anything outside of the "Superman (Western comics/Cartoons) / Wonderwoman (Live action) / Goku (Manga/Anime) / Mario(Video games)" works tbh.

Or Spiderman instead of Superman, if you guys really insist on this non-existent rule of no two same franchises/mediums.

She has a lot of hax, plus we really need someone that isn´t particularly known for fighting, the series is quite active (even in the site), and would be a better candidate for a female character than Wonder Woman if you ask me.

I'm sorry but I don't think a purple pony is the same as an armored sword-wielding badass in terms of female empowerment.

No. We don't, bro. This has been said to you time and time again.

Also lol at Twily being a better candidtate for a female character for Wonder Woman. I ain't a hater or anything but even Bulma would be a better candidate.

That or its just an absurd character to use as a figure for vs debating in comparsion to the ones we have now.

Though we could replace WW with Rey from Star Wars now that I think of it...

Probably because of how the series was pre-Faust. FiM is G6, right? There's a whole 5 gens prior, where iirc, PP was more popular than TS.

And how it´s absurd, may I ask?

Twilight Sparkle is like the face of toy merchandise and fanfiction

Bobsican said:
And how it´s absurd, may I ask?

Twilight Sparkle is like the face of toy merchandise and fanfiction
Neither of which are represented on this wiki. We don't have a category for toy characters and we have an entire sister wiki for fanfic characters.

SomebodyData said:
I don't think anything outside of the "Superman (Western comics/Cartoons) / Wonderwoman (Live action) / Goku (Manga/Anime) / Mario(Video games)" works tbh.

Or Spiderman instead of Superman, if you guys really insist on this non-existent rule of no two same franchises/mediums.
I like this:

Spiderman, Wonder Woman, Goku, Mario. You could throw Vader in there as well. He is an iconic character who is easily recognizable.

Do you really want me to describe why using a purple pony (no offense to the MLP fans) is an absurd idea for female empowerment in vs debating? (When you're comparable to metroid in active threads, that's a really bad sign)

Pretty sure Ben 10 or Pokemon is the face of toy merchandise.

SomebodyData said:
Do you really want me to describe why using a purple pony (no offense to the MLP fans) is an absurd idea for female empowerment in vs debating? (When you're comparable to metroid in active threads, that's a really bad sign)
Pretty sure Ben 10 or Pokemon is the face of toy merchandise.
Yes, please as she represents very well that what can look cute is actually OP

Anyways, unlike those 2, Twili is the face of Hasbro, enought said.

You know what, you right. Let's just put an animal as the face of vs battles female empowerment, that's not gonna look bad at allllllll.

Quite frankly the suggestion alone speaks for its absurdity, not sure how else to explain it. A modest proposal, all in all.

Back