• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We are now a part of the official Fandom app

Kepekley23 said:
Why are we not going with the obvious and using Superman? Superman is more recognizable than Wonder-Woman by far.
Goku, Superman and Mario seem like far more recognizable choices all around the table, and they symbolize their respective media well.

Animation, comics, and video-game respectively (yes, Goku is from a manga, but anime Goku is far, far more recognizable than manga Goku)
Because the FANDOM employee said there needs to be at least one female character.

Kepekley23 said:
Why are we not going with the obvious and using Superman? Superman is more recognizable than Wonder-Woman by far.
Goku, Superman and Mario seem like far more recognizable choices all around the table, and they symbolize their respective media well.

Animation, comics, and video-game respectively (yes, Goku is from a manga, but anime Goku is far, far more recognizable than manga Goku)
I think this idea can work.

The Foolish Omniscient Guy said:
@Bobsican
True, actually, Mickey can be either a good choice, either a bad choice depending on the image we're using
People often see Mickey with just his red overalls, but to make a sence of wonder on the viewers, it would be better to just use the Kingdom Hearts 3 picture of him:

Mickey03

If Mickey is kept smaller than and in front of the others together with Mario, I suppose that it might work.

I think that the second image looks pretty good.

> Quite literally the most popular character in shonen andime and manga

> Also just so happens to be one of the most popular Vs Debating Characters ever.

> Apparently not a good idea because "Muh bad fanbase"

K

Konaguna said:
Half your discussion rules are banning DBZ debates, does that tell you nothing?
Also can't we just get a pic with many fictional characters on? I can dig that up in a jiffy
Absolutly nothing since the only rule is battle between DB and DC/Marvel which has been removed. Disagree with the pic because Goku has a "bad fanbase" is a bit..meh

Antvasima said:
Can we all try to regain some common sense and stop demanding that we use an obscure overpowered Nazi deity character or Barney the Dinosaur for a mainstream advertisement image? Thank you.
No more senseless derailing please.
Staline should be better

Anyway, the second one seem fine to me

I think Skalt's second pic is fine, but don't think we need mickey since he isn't usually thought of in a fighting context.

Konaguna, go away and stop trolling, especially in a thread frequented by the Fandom staff.

@All

So is the second image acceptable to use as an official suggestion?

Bobsican said:
I really think we need in there a character that´s not really known for being an expert at fighting, so the new users that use the app don´t expect to see only "brave and directly violent" sort of characters, it would also attract kids because of this.
Meaning, that Mickey Mouse is actually a good choice if you ask me.

I don't see what exactly is wrong with characters like that though, and what the appeal of attracting a bunch of young kids in the first place is.

Mario is already there anyways.

Wokistan said:
I don't see what exactly is wrong with characters like that though, and what the appeal of attracting a bunch of young kids in the first place is.
Mario is already there anyways.
There´s nothing wrong with that, but there should just also be someone to represent child cartoon entertainment if you ask me.

There´s also Spongebob, but I easily see him unfitting.

But why does there need to be another when we already have Mario? Child cartoon entertainment isn't a very relevant thing to vs battles anyways.

Wokistan said:
But why does there need to be another when we already have Mario? Child cartoon entertainment isn't a very relevant thing to vs battles anyways.
To Vs. Battles, maybe, but to the general public, it´s an easy and effective way to call attention, so we get a diverse appeal to the general demographic.

I am also pretty young lol

But it is a logo for the Vs Battles wiki, not the every single media ever wiki.

Again, how does Mario not already fill this niche?

Wokistan said:
Again, how does Mario not already fill this niche?
Unlike Mario (which is mostly limited to the videogame demographic, as the TV stuff he had simply sucked), Mickey is someone actually appealing to practically all the multimedia demographics (coloring books, comics, cartoons, videogames, and even movies).

Simply put, Mickey falls more for the general public than Mario.

Bob, you are missing the point. This isn't a logo of just iconic characters. The characters chosen are actually relevant to vs battles wiki and represent our mainly focused genres (Anime, Comics, Games). Children's entertainment is not a focus here, and as such that type of a character is a poor representative of our wiki.

@Bobsican

People are more attracted to Mario than Mickey.

Mickey indeed existed since near 100 years and is still popular but what people are looking for nowadays is more Mario

Back