• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We will now use bold text for Intelligence, Stamina, and Range statistics

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

We have recently decided to finally go ahead with beginning to use bold text for our Intelligence, Stamina, and Range statistics, for the sake of better consistency with our other statistics and powers and abilities sections, as well as to provide easier overview for our visitors.

These statistics were originally not bolded due to that they lacked consistent naming terminology, but over the years this issue has gradually been resolved.

However, even after we resolved this issue, we still had a problem regarding the huge amount of work such a change would require, but recently ImmortalDread has volunteered to use her bot account to go through all of the pages in our wiki to fix formatting problems such as these, so this seemed like the right time to go ahead with this change.

Please do not interfere with her editing process by reverting such changes or otherwise, and make sure to update any page drafts (stored as personal sandboxes or blog posts in our wiki) that you plan to publish in accordance with our new standards, as they will not be included in Dread's correction work.

Thanks in advance for any help. 🙏🙂

"We have recently decided to finally go ahead"

Finally is right Jesus christ took you what 3 years? Lol
Well, we haven't had any bot user who has been both willing and competent enough to handle all of the required work until ImmortalDread volunteered for applying the project.

Is there an example of what the new updates have to look like?
See here for example:

See here for example:

Thanks

So, does this mean we'll also be placing powers and abilities in bold on profiles as well?

Tier 11 is done. Despite the difficulty, the task proved to be somewhat challenging as numerous profiles utilize unknown/unofficial tiers. For example, we don't have officially “high” or “very high” or “low” in intelligence section.

And my code will obviously not scan this as I only added the official levels/tiers + Unknown and Varies.

Also, through my mass-edit (although this one was careful supervised), there are some pages that already used the accepting formatting, which is also frustrating, since my code will also add second bolding to them.

Glad, I figured this out. I will be re-changing the code to also skip those accepted bolding, but it is going to be tricky with words like Universal and Universal+ (any tier with +)

Last edited:
I would appreciate it, but really appreciate it, not to add the accepted bolding formatting to those in any pages.

For now, it may take a while to figure how to deal with terms Universal+ and Universal.

Glad, I figured this out. I will be re-changing the code to also skip those accepted bolding, but it is going to be tricky with words like Universal and Universal+ (any word with +)
time to add +s to the next five profiles I make just to screw with your program
I would appreciate it, but really appreciate it, not to add the accepted bolding formatting to those in any pages.

For now, it may take a while to figure how to deal with terms Universal+ and Universal.
Literally every page I've been cooking up has been bolded properly so... uh, guess I gotta go remove that!

Ya, luckily I only find one profile in tier 11 which had a proper accepted bolding format in those aforementioned sections which I could skip it.

Now, imagine 30k+ pages, where you may find 100 with those. The current code would add an extra bolding to the already added one.

I will be modifying the code to skip those.

Anyway tier 11 is done, what is next least pages category (tier-wise)?

Back